St. Mary's Healthcare

St. Mary's Healthcare Employer Reviews

Co-workers are a fantastic group of individuals to work with
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Amsterdam, NYJuly 16, 2014
Pros: friendships, benefits
Cons: health insurance
Typical day at work is answering phones, spreadsheets, invoices, filing, etc, I learned to go with the flow, and to improvise and punt if need be, Hardest part of the job is that it can be very stressful at times, and the most enjoyable is the people, including our patients.
friendly place to work
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), amsterdam nyJuly 9, 2014
working at the hospital for 7 years was a pleasure. getting to know everyone and becoming part of that community brought a smile to my face everyday. everyday I would go into work and learn something new from someone whether it be job related or something inspirational about life. I enjoyed working with a variety of different personalities from my coworkers – more... to other staff and as well as patients. I enjoyed every aspect of my job and would put a smile on my face every single day. the hardest part of the job was leaving after 7 years in all honesty. – less
Overall an excellent company to work for
LPN (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NYFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: opportunity to help a diverse group of patients with a variety of needs
Cons: lack of consistancy in training
A pleasant work place until it came to the actual training. A different nurse showing you a different way of doing things each day can be confusing and frustrating. Some were compassionate and good at teaching others not so good. Not all, but some of the staff were resentful of the added responsibility of helping a newcomer.
Great place to work; opportunity for advancement
Centralized Scheduling Supervisor (Former Employee), Athens, GAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: working together with physicians to get patients in and out; in a timely manner
Started off in Patient access in the ER Department. And wirked my way to becoming Centralized Scheduling Departmental Supervisor
loved my job
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NYDecember 30, 2013
I loved my job the patients and co-workers were the big part of why. I learned a lot about different insurances and diagnosis codes as well as learning a lot about med-tech programs I excel with multi-tasking and being a team player. I loved helping people and making great first impressions for patients when they came in for medical procedures.
Friendly and great place to work
Medical Surgical Nurse (Current Employee), Amsterdam, NYJune 13, 2013
Great opportunity fro experience and advancement. Management is very accessible. This is a wonderful place to build your nursing skills for a new nurse or even an experienced nurse. They have a no mandation policy. They allow for 12 and 8 hour shifts. They benefits are inexpensive as well.
Medical Records
Correspondence Technician (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NYFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: discount on healthcare
Cons: very business like
The job was challenging and I enjoyed it, the other departments did not understand what my departments responsibilities actually were. I trusted my co-worker with anything, we worked well together as a team and always got things done in a timely manner.
Rewarding Place to work in the Healthcare System!
Histotechnician (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 5, 2012
A typical day involves embedding the tissues,cutting the tissues with a microtome and staining the tissues for the pathologist. We also do IHC to enable the pathologist to make the diagnosis. We work on a rotation that also includes cytology preparation work for gyn specimens and non-gyn specimens. We do all the accessioning of the specimens before – more... the process begins. – less