St. Mary's Healthcare

St. Mary's Healthcare Employer Reviews

A good place to work for.
Endoscopy technician (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NYDecember 9, 2014
The company is working on compensation rates and compression. They are making it a better place to work for and try their best to take care of their employees.
fun place
Substance Abuse counselor- CASAC (Current Employee), Amsterdam, NYNovember 12, 2014
Pros: working outside
Cons: working outside somedays
Work was great drove around most of the day taking care of golf course using different equipment
High standards for quality and ethics
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NYSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: job security
I spent 25 years here is a variety of positions. They recognized my potential and offered upward movement within the organization. They strive to provide the best possible care to everyone without restriction nor bias. Like most healthcare organizations in this country, keeping a strong bottom line has become more difficult. I was the first casualty – more... of a fiscally necessary workforce reduction. – less
Co-workers are a fantastic group of individuals to work with
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Amsterdam, NYJuly 16, 2014
Pros: friendships, benefits
Cons: health insurance
Typical day at work is answering phones, spreadsheets, invoices, filing, etc, I learned to go with the flow, and to improvise and punt if need be, Hardest part of the job is that it can be very stressful at times, and the most enjoyable is the people, including our patients.
friendly place to work
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), amsterdam nyJuly 9, 2014
working at the hospital for 7 years was a pleasure. getting to know everyone and becoming part of that community brought a smile to my face everyday. everyday I would go into work and learn something new from someone whether it be job related or something inspirational about life. I enjoyed working with a variety of different personalities from my coworkers – more... to other staff and as well as patients. I enjoyed every aspect of my job and would put a smile on my face every single day. the hardest part of the job was leaving after 7 years in all honesty. – less
Overall an excellent company to work for
LPN (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NYFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: opportunity to help a diverse group of patients with a variety of needs
Cons: lack of consistancy in training
A pleasant work place until it came to the actual training. A different nurse showing you a different way of doing things each day can be confusing and frustrating. Some were compassionate and good at teaching others not so good. Not all, but some of the staff were resentful of the added responsibility of helping a newcomer.
Great place to work; opportunity for advancement
Centralized Scheduling Supervisor (Former Employee), Athens, GAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: working together with physicians to get patients in and out; in a timely manner
Started off in Patient access in the ER Department. And wirked my way to becoming Centralized Scheduling Departmental Supervisor
Friendly and great place to work
Medical Surgical Nurse (Current Employee), Amsterdam, NYJune 13, 2013
Great opportunity fro experience and advancement. Management is very accessible. This is a wonderful place to build your nursing skills for a new nurse or even an experienced nurse. They have a no mandation policy. They allow for 12 and 8 hour shifts. They benefits are inexpensive as well.
Fast growing company in the healthcare field
secretary (Current Employee), Amsterdam, NYJune 10, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: too much leadership
Flexible hours and close to home. However, too much fat in the management level. Personnel not reviewed on job quality.
Medical Records
Correspondence Technician (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NYFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: discount on healthcare
Cons: very business like
The job was challenging and I enjoyed it, the other departments did not understand what my departments responsibilities actually were. I trusted my co-worker with anything, we worked well together as a team and always got things done in a timely manner.
Rewarding Place to work in the Healthcare System!
Histotechnician (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 5, 2012
A typical day involves embedding the tissues,cutting the tissues with a microtome and staining the tissues for the pathologist. We also do IHC to enable the pathologist to make the diagnosis. We work on a rotation that also includes cytology preparation work for gyn specimens and non-gyn specimens. We do all the accessioning of the specimens before – more... the process begins. – less