St. Mary's Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent place to work
Accts rec. EKG tech. Medical transcriptionsit (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYFebruary 21, 2016
I spent 20 wonderful years there and learned many things especially patient care and teamwork! After time off I am anxious to come back and be part of the St Mary's Healthcare team!
Pros
Excellent benefits, great work environment
Food Service
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJanuary 11, 2016
I enjoyed my job in Food Service. I was able to meet the public, serve them as well as cashing them out. I learned that there are a lot of different types of people in this small community....yet each one of them deserve the utmost respect. The management in Food Service was very approachable. If there were issues, I was able to go to them to discuss those issues. My co-workers were just as fun as concerned with their jobs as I was. My first priority was and always is the customers. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep the area cleaned, stocked and in order while at the same time being at the register to get the customers through so that they were able to enjoy their meals. The most enjoyable part of the Food Service job was the customers. We had repeat customers and it was always good to see them and I enjoyed making them feel welcome.Customers
Pros
Customers were the Pros as well as free fountain drinks. Healthcare package.
Cons
No free meals
I absolutely love working for St. Mary's Healthcare.
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Setauket, NYAugust 19, 2015
As a homecare speech language pathologist I work with my patients within their home environment. I greatly enjoy working with the caregivers of my patients and providing them with strategies to implement in their daily lives to assist their loved one with ways to interact more effectively.
overall decent workplace
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYAugust 10, 2015
I have worked in Transitional Care, Inpatient Physical Rehabilitation, and Dr's Office. I have had some wonderful people I have worked with along with bosses.
It is a hard place to advance and increase your pay for cost of living.
Pros
meet a wide variety of people from all backgrounds
Cons
advancement in salary
St Marys Hospital
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYMay 23, 2015
Absolutely loved this job. The hours were great the people were better and i truly loved what I was doing. I worked in the kitchen as a "tray passer" which meant that food would be prepared and I would deliver it to the patients of the hospital and then come back and clean up after them. I very much enjoyed helping the patients of a hospital get through their day with what ever I could do to help them.
Productivity
Patient financial service manager (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYMarch 28, 2015
Moral and productivity are a challenge with daily workloads to staff, I have found working with the staff instead of over the staff boost moral and productivity. It makes them feel important and part of a team.
A good place to work for.
Endoscopy technician (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYDecember 9, 2014
The company is working on compensation rates and compression. They are making it a better place to work for and try their best to take care of their employees.
fun place
Substance Abuse counselor- CASAC (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYNovember 12, 2014
Work was great drove around most of the day taking care of golf course using different equipment
Pros
working outside
Cons
working outside somedays
High standards for quality and ethics
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYSeptember 7, 2014
I spent 25 years here is a variety of positions. They recognized my potential and offered upward movement within the organization. They strive to provide the best possible care to everyone without restriction nor bias. Like most healthcare organizations in this country, keeping a strong bottom line has become more difficult. I was the first casualty of a fiscally necessary workforce reduction.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
job security
Co-workers are a fantastic group of individuals to work with
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJuly 16, 2014
Typical day at work is answering phones, spreadsheets, invoices, filing, etc, I learned to go with the flow, and to improvise and punt if need be, Hardest part of the job is that it can be very stressful at times, and the most enjoyable is the people, including our patients.
Pros
friendships, benefits
Cons
health insurance
friendly place to work
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  amsterdam nyJuly 9, 2014
working at the hospital for 7 years was a pleasure. getting to know everyone and becoming part of that community brought a smile to my face everyday. everyday I would go into work and learn something new from someone whether it be job related or something inspirational about life. I enjoyed working with a variety of different personalities from my coworkers to other staff and as well as patients. I enjoyed every aspect of my job and would put a smile on my face every single day. the hardest part of the job was leaving after 7 years in all honesty.
Overall an excellent company to work for
LPN (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYFebruary 3, 2014
A pleasant work place until it came to the actual training. A different nurse showing you a different way of doing things each day can be confusing and frustrating. Some were compassionate and good at teaching others not so good. Not all, but some of the staff were resentful of the added responsibility of helping a newcomer.
Pros
opportunity to help a diverse group of patients with a variety of needs
Cons
lack of consistancy in training
Great place to work; opportunity for advancement
Centralized Scheduling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 17, 2014
Started off in Patient access in the ER Department. And wirked my way to becoming Centralized Scheduling Departmental Supervisor
Pros
working together with physicians to get patients in and out; in a timely manner
loved my job
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYDecember 30, 2013
I loved my job the patients and co-workers were the big part of why. I learned a lot about different insurances and diagnosis codes as well as learning a lot about med-tech programs I excel with multi-tasking and being a team player. I loved helping people and making great first impressions for patients when they came in for medical procedures.
Fast growing company in the healthcare field
secretary (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJune 10, 2013
Flexible hours and close to home. However, too much fat in the management level. Personnel not reviewed on job quality.
Pros
flexible
Cons
too much leadership
Medical Records
Correspondence Technician (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYFebruary 15, 2013
The job was challenging and I enjoyed it, the other departments did not understand what my departments responsibilities actually were. I trusted my co-worker with anything, we worked well together as a team and always got things done in a timely manner.
Pros
discount on healthcare
Cons
very business like
Rewarding Place to work in the Healthcare System!
Histotechnician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2012
A typical day involves embedding the tissues,cutting the tissues with a microtome and staining the tissues for the pathologist. We also do IHC to enable the pathologist to make the diagnosis. We work on a rotation that also includes cytology preparation work for gyn specimens and non-gyn specimens. We do all the accessioning of the specimens before the process begins.

St. Mary's Healthcare Reviews by Location