St. Mary's Hospital and Medical Center Employee Reviews

People in need
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 19, 2017
I love caring for people. I love making them smile. I try to talk about things that make them happy and in turn some of my own. A positiveness is so important. When caring for a person, to me, it's not just a job it's a calling.
Pros
An appreciation of the job that I do.
Cons
At times physically and mentally draining.
I enjoy working with people.
Admissions Clerk, Transcriptionist. (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJanuary 3, 2017
I helped physicians learn to dictate. I helped them with problems they were having with dictation. I enjoyed being able to help and make things go smoother for the physicians and patient's.
Pros
Great benefits.
Terrible patient care
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2015
Nurses didn't spend much time with the patients to offer patient care or education. The nurses always would send the tech in to take care of patient and rarely spent time with patient unless medication was administered.
Do yourself a huge favor !!!!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cath LabFebruary 18, 2015
There is absolutely no management and no support from the person who is the manager/director. There is no communication between the manager and the staff. One employee makes the schedule and gives SOME employees any day off they choose and others get hammered and the manager allows it. One employee assigns daily procedures and gives their "friends" no cases but dumps on the people they don't care for and the manager allows it. There is a huge discrimination between the nurses and the certified techs and that is fed from the manager/director because in management's eyes a BAD nurse is better than any tech. The call time is horrible, you get called in on the weekends to do elective procedures. If you work all night you will most often have to work all day, and the manager allows it!!! not caring about safe patient care as long as HE doesn't have to work in the lab. I can go on forever about the horrible management!!!! The manager/director is the root of ALL the problems in the Cath Lab there but admin doesn't care and that's just bad for patients and for staff. The only good thing I can say, is the Doctors are kind and a pleasure to be around!! Skip this one guys!!!
Pros
Great Doctors!!!!
Cons
management fails horribly!!!
Interesting work, met interesting people
Continuing Medical Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 24, 2014
I loved my job as Continuing Medical Education Coordinator, varied and interesting people and programs.
Pros
Pay above average for Grand Junction
under staffed and low pay /w no benefits
Pt/Family Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Mary's HospitalMay 19, 2014
The department I worked for was in continuous transition /w staffing shortages. PRN positions that were intended to be part time were full-time /w overtime. PRN positions rarely were offered regular positions that included benefits. Some employees worked for years /w no benefits. In comparison of other job opportunities in the valley in the same profession, the salary was low (10%) of the average salary for the profession. The department was over worked and short staffed. There is (was) no concern or flexibility for the staff's needs in regards to scheduling.
Respectful Company
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 1, 2014
I always knew what was expected of me; I was given appropriate time to complete tasks
Great Employer
HR (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 8, 2013
I loved working at St. Mary's Hospital in Grand Junction, Colorado. I enjoyed working with the managers. Majority of employees are very friendly and care about providing the best service to their customers. The mission and values are wonderful.

Unfortunately, the organization has been going through serious changes and restructuring. Many positions were centralized to Denver and that is why I left because I didn't want to have to move because I love the Western Slope. If ever an opportunity came up that fit my specialty and experience I would hope to be rehired.
Pros
Great People, great benefits
Cons
Company going through restructuring .
Poor Management, Bullying
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 7, 2012
While this hospitals' stated values are excellent, the DON I worked under seemed blind to what was really happening on the unit in which I worked. Favoritism, bullying, irresponsible and unsafe work ethics are widely tolerated. Nurse-patient ratio NOT ACUITY based causing unsafe patient loads. Floating into more acute units without proper training was the norm. Understaffing was prevalent.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
see review

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Mary's Hospital and Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8