St. Mary's Hospital

St. Mary's Hospital Employer Reviews

Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 13, 2014
I worked at the directional desk and patient discharge. What I enjoyed most was being the person that walks into patients rooms to tell them that they are going home now.
Good place to work, pay is low
Administration Assistant (Current Employee), Decatur, ILDecember 12, 2014
Pros: career advancement
Cons: low pay
It is great place to work, but pay is low. They have benefits.
wonderful coworkers
Staff RN (Former Employee), Centralia, ILDecember 9, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers. We all worked very well together including my director and house supervisors. If I needed anything or had a patient going bad I never felt abandoned, they were right there. I also felt for the most part that if patient load was too much they would find help somewhere. I also liked that they would – more... work with me if I needed time off. – less
productive
Phlebotomist/Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Passaic, NJDecember 4, 2014
a nice place to work...theres always room for advancement and the managers are very nice
Excellent staff and great working environment at this adult psychiatric facility.
Registered nurse (Former Employee), Passaic, NJNovember 30, 2014
East Mountain hospital did not accept patients with private insurance. They only accepted Medicaid, Medicare and self pay. I loved working with the clientele at this hospital. I had excellent co-workers and enjoyed my position.
Good working environment.
Staff Agency (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 21, 2014
St. Mary's Hospital was a hospital that encouraged staff radiographer to interact with the patient. Giving the diversity of the ethnicity of the neighborhood it was imperative for the work force to be more open to the patients.
Not much to say
Lead Housekeeper (Current Employee), Streator ILNovember 19, 2014
Not much to talk about, just cleaning for those that don't appreciate it.
Nice office, good people
On Site Coordinator (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 18, 2014
Excellent entry level job
Good Pay
Nice People
Not always the most up to date technology but made up for it in people skills and willingness to help.
RN
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Madison, WINovember 17, 2014
St Mary’s hospital is an amazing facility that focuses on patient centered care. A typical day of work includes placing verbal orders, direct patient care, responding to codes, and performing detailed patient assessments. My favorite part about working for St Mary’s is their focus on patient centered care, and their exceptional managerial skills. The – more... hardest part about my job is caring for individuals who are suffering and consoling their families during their passing. I currently work on the pulmonary IMC, and we regularly care for individuals during their end of life. I am looking for full time employment as a nurse practitioner since I have just recently completed my MSN in family nurse practitioning. – less
Productive and teamwork
Staff Nurse, Circulator, Operating Room (Current Employee), Richmond, VANovember 13, 2014
Good days and bad days but the good days outweigh the bad days.
very productive day
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYNovember 13, 2014
Pros: helping others
Cons: very tired
assisted patients with feeding bathing and eating also assisted them with getting dressed
Assignment project through St. Marys Hospital
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Evansville, INNovember 13, 2014
Pros: made great friends and had pot luck every friday!
Cons: assignment ended
Medical-Data Entry while working on the Athena team! Worked on either scanning paper medical files into the computer, with placement as instructed by Doctors. Great place to work at even though it was through an employment agency.
Miss all the ladies that we worked with through this assignment!
Also made sure that all medical terminology was spelled – more... correctly. – less
Positive
Surgical Technology Externship (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 10, 2014
Nothing but positive things to say about this place because my preceptor was amazing.
Technologically advanced, fun hospital to work at with terrific patients and families.
Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Queens, NYNovember 6, 2014
Inspiring patients and families dealing with medically complex issues.
Good
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Cottonwood, IDNovember 3, 2014
Pros: busy
> Shift work
> Hard working coworkers
> high energy
> team oriented
Excellent place to work
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Passaic, NJOctober 23, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: short break time
People who worked there were very friendly which made it a very pleasant place to work
Provide clerical support and assistance in a healthcare setting whenever the need be.
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Rochester, MNOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great place to work with alot of team efforts to make it a go.
Cons: always short on staff but always worked out fine. budget an issue.
1. Answer phones, schedule tests, work with the charge nurse regarding staffing issues and help answer questions those families my have.
2 .Helping staff with timecard issues at any given time of the day made it very interesting.
3. Ordering supplies for the needs of the patients while providing any additional support if needed.
4. We always have a – more... variety of co-workers on staff- need remember we are all different and no one is the same.
5. New staff were always a challenge. But one thing I always said was that we were all new once. We need to give them support and to be as helpful as possible in a kind way.
6. The hardest part in my job was that I would have many people asking me for things at the same time and I would have to multi task in many different times of shift.
I loved keeping busy in my job. I am not one to sit around and do nothing. – less
Decent place for a CNA to work
Hospital (Former Employee), janesville wiOctober 20, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
For the most part working at this facility you are staffed appropriately. I learned a lot about being a good CNA. Management then was a little touch and go, we had many new management on my unit in my time there. Co-workers were great!
giving flu shots
Medical Volunteer (Former Employee), Stockton, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: met a lot of nice people
Cons: needs to be more clean
At St. Mary's Homeless Shelter i would give out flu shots to the people that are in need. I've learned that you should be appreciative with everything you got because one day it can all go away in a quick second. Helped me see everything in life different and be more appreciative.
Great place to work!
PRN/PAS (Current Employee), Janesville, WIOctober 14, 2014
I enjoy the atmosphere, co-workers and their Mission.
I enjoy the pace in the ED, along with the interaction with patients.
I've learned to become very proficient with the EPIC system and continue to learn something new every time I work.

1 2 3 4 5