St. Mary's Hospital

St. Mary's Hospital Employee Reviews

Unit Secertary
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 27, 2015
My job was answering phones, filling reports, ordering lab work and other tests requested by the doctors. I made charts on new patients and kept them updated. I made sure patients blood work was done on time and results were charted.
Great place, nice attitudes, many people who love to teach
Surgical Technologist Student (Former Employee), Hobart, INMay 21, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling
Cons: Not enough people
Great hospital, always so many helpful people around to explain, and all the doctors are insightful, never too much of an overload of work
It's a very loud place
Nutrition Aide (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 15, 2015
a typical day at my job is very busy loud lots of traffic, which patients need more care, my co-workers are loud, very well knowledgeable of there jobs, the hardest part of my job is not any real hard parts I get to help people feel better
Strong team building atmosphere
RN- Pyschiatric Medical Surgical Floor (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 15, 2015
Pros: Professional, friendly, team oriented
Cons: Taking in an admisstion while covering your four other patients who have many needs and wants.
Management is exceptional beyond words, she supports her nurses and the patients, she has an open door policy, she can be seen on the floor and is available for questions, concerns, assistance and just to talk. Co-workers are wonderful, they are team oriented and I cannot speak highly enough of them. I enjoyed working with them considerably. I have not worked with such a strong team as this in a long time. The most challenging part of the job is managing an admission and the other four patients who have needs and wants at the same time the admission needs assistance, even though there are other members of the team to assist you. Also, just starting out is was difficult for me to get my charting completed without staying over the time for me to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team of nurses and aides, my manager and the many patients I took care of when on shift. I learned so much about myself and that this was not a good fit for me, also that working on my Master's in Nursing Education is ideal.. I really felt drawn to this role, but then I realized how overwhelming it was for me and needed to leave soon after starting. I regretted having to do this, but it was the best choice for me. It is a wonderful place to work. Saint Mary's in general is a great hospital and a very professional, friendly employer.
Had three jobs at St Mary's Hospital
Admissions Officer, Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMay 9, 2015
Pros: steady work flow
Cons: when I had the baby i had to quit
I was an admissions officer . Very production oriented. I learned a bevy of standard operating procedure at the hospital and now I know that every transaction begins with a registration.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), East Saint Louis, ILMay 8, 2015
A great place to work. It allowed me to give back to the community. Family oriented. Provided a balance between work and life.
I asctually like my job, just looking to venture out to do something a bit different
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WIMay 7, 2015
Cons: I live 53 miles south/west of Madison, so in the winter it can be quite challenging .
My job here at St. Mary's has actually been quite benefical to me. I've learned so many things and met a lot of very freindly people along the way. The hardest part of my job was to get use to drawing blood from our patients. I was just out of school when I was hired and really didn't want to have anything to do with phlebotomy. But 12 years later I don't mind at all now.
Student nurse review.
Student Nurse (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 4, 2015
Wonderful experience working on the telemetry floor, I received a lot of experience working with other nurses and learning about the fasted paced environment of a tele floor.
lots of hard work but our boss was exceptional, and very caring
My most recent job was Sterilization Technichian (Former Employee), Rogers, ARApril 28, 2015
Pros: we had at least 2 breaks an evening
Cons: we were on our feet the whole shift except for breaks
We started the evening by obtaining all the surgical instruments that needed to be sterilized, then we went to each hospital floor and made a list of the supplies needed, then went back to our department and filled these orders and took them back to the respective floors, After this we then took the surgical instruments out of the sterilizer and took them back to the surgery floor.
Caring Community striving to provide safe, excellent, and equal health care.
Registrar (Current Employee), Waterbury, CTApril 27, 2015
Pros: Discounts at local venus (cell phone service, gym memerships, amuesments parks etc). Benefits
Cons: Salary/wages not very competitive
Once given our assigned areas to work in for the day, we receive a end of shift report that gives us an overall status as to how the previous shift went and what things need follow up. My co-workers and I work very well together as a team to complete the many tasks of registration. We understand that patiens are sick and uncomfortable so we try our best to provide them with the customer service possible during the time of stay. Trying to do so can be challenging at time, however when patients give positve feed back it is extremel rewarding.
being on call
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist/Admin (Former Employee), Passaic, NJApril 24, 2015
Pros: OT any time of the day
Cons: low pay
- worked in ER room
- worked in the LAB
- hardest part of my job was working in more than two departments
- I enjoyed being needed, i love my patients, i loved working as an OB Tech.
Productive place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Amsterdam, NYApril 20, 2015
A typical day at work is to complete blood draws.
It is a very enjoyable job to do, and I learn something new everyday.
I learned the importance of a lot of different tests for the lab.
Great team helping patients
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Athens, GAApril 17, 2015
I love St. Mary's. They instill values within each team member that last a lifetime and prepare each employee for superb patient care.
Making a difference in mentally challenged children on a day to day basis
Education Activities Coordinator (Former Employee), Alexandria, LAApril 17, 2015
I learned that mentally challenged people are smart just like you and I, but in their own way. The management was the worst part of the job. I guess I like a leader that leads that example, and not just sit behind a desk doing absolutely nothing all day. The only way to advance in this small company is if you "know somebody". Education background and hard work will never get you anywhere in this company, which is sad. The turnover rate is horrible!! They are always hiring..what does that mean about a company when they are always hiring??? Management is the problem not the employees!
Best Hospital and place I've ever worked.
Clinical Nurse I and Safety Officer (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 15, 2015
Pros: Loved working there. Most progressive. Primary Care. Nice RN co-workers.
Cons: Can't recall any after so long.
Way ahead of it's time for 35 years ago when I worked there as RN on 4 Green. Perfect facility. Had Nurse Servers! Enjoyed my co-worker RN's. Great Nurse Manager. Lovely view on Lake Michigan. Doctors were nice. Loved working Primary Care. Only Hospital I've ever worked in with Primary Care. Even loved the pretty, blue sheets. Loved that it is a Catholic Hospital. Still in contact, to this day, with a Primary Care patient I had. Really miss it, but I moved
Great job that provided many opportunities to advance and learn about the many aspects of running a hospital
Supervisor Nutrition Services (Current Employee), Reno, NVApril 14, 2015
Pros: Generous benefits.....wonderful people to work with
Cons: none
Over 8 years, SMRMC has provided me the tools to make me successful and confident as I worked my way up to my current position as Nutrition Supervisor.
Phase I of training
Staff Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 8, 2015
This was the first phase of my radiology training. This was a very large training hospital. During this phase of training, I leaerned the basic of my job. It wa maining book work. A we practice the positions on each other but not patients.
Hospital with friendly staff
Volunteer Transit (Former Employee), Decatur, ILApril 2, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: None
I would greet and help the guests and patients find the place that they needed to go and if they needed a wheelchair I would get it for them and push them to their destination. Usually I would strike up a conversation and make them feel comfortable and wanted. I worked with young and old people. My Co-Volunteers were really nice. I learned how to use my positive attitude to comfort guests and patients as well as learning to be around a variety of people and attitudes.
Productive, exciting and fun workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee), Lewiston, MEMarch 29, 2015
I love volunteering at St. Mary's everyone is extremely kind and eager to help. An average day consisted of wheeling people around for patient transport or helping answer phones and filing paperwork. I learned a lot about what it means to be a good citizen and a hard worker. My coworkers were the sweetest people I've ever met ranging from all different backgrounds and I am truly grateful for my experiences with St. Mary's Hospital.
very serious about patient care
MAJOR O.R. SURGICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), 350 boulevard passaic njMarch 24, 2015
must be on time; shift start promptly; surgeons are usually on time; busy day is a busy day and no time wasting. love the fact that everyone worked together as a team to get cases finish then move on to stock rooms, then we get to relax.

1 2 3 4 5