St. Mary's Hospital Employee Reviews

Gr
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 29, 2017
i really liked it. It was a great place to work at. If you work there you will like it as well. Great people workers and patients. I would recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
unit secretary
Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 28, 2017
I loved working at the hospital I worked with moms that had given birth and it was always a happy time to be there always had a good time. never stress
Productive and fun place to work. Lots of good people.
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MODecember 28, 2017
Every day was busy in the ER. I learned EKGs, Phlebotomy, and how to make cast and splints among other things. Management was good it seemed as though they had our back.
Pros
The people i worked with.
Cons
The pay.
Fun quick paced environment in the emergency room
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Tucson ArizonaDecember 27, 2017
St Mary's Hospital very fast quick Pace emergency room that has good quality nursing stuff, the nurses and doctors care about their patients. I also worked on the med-surg floor which was great
Dietary Team Leader (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 21, 2017
The management team is a great team to learn the business from. It has great work place culture within the many different job positions that is available.
Pretty decent place to work
CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTDecember 21, 2017
Overall, its a hospital job. Steady hours, not much overtime. Benefits are decent. Managers are good, they do a lot of inservice training. they make a good effort to retain the employee's
Pros
good work environment, steady hours
Cons
pay is a little lower than average. Micro manage
Fine place to work, depending on the position you can have in a hospital, all of which are completley different tasks, mine was not too difficult.
Office Room Clerk (films) (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILDecember 19, 2017
I had no problems with my job and everything seemed to run pretty smootly on a daily basis, however, I was employed to a position where I kept to myself through over half my workday. My duties were gathering films from dr.s offices & copying them to file away in the hospital's file room, along with other daily tasks such as disposing of all the expired films in the file room. I chose to leave when I did because I was 6 mos. along in pregnancy.
Pros
nice co-workers, flexible managers in the dept. I worked in
Cons
small wages & alot of competition seemed to be going on.
Challenging
Office Manager Morrison Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 18, 2017
I enjoyed my position at St Mary's Hospital, it gave me joy and a since of accomplishment to complete a my day of work. I enjoyed the staff, we had a Great team.
family orientied workplace
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTDecember 17, 2017
I enjoy working for SMH . I have been employed there for almost 22 years. I work full-time as Phlebotomist adn work with patients drawing their blood. I perform pre op testing. One Stop Testing is a fast paced enviroment. OSTD has a wonderful team. We all work togther and help each other as needed.
Productive Environment
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL 33407December 13, 2017
While working at St. Mary's Hospital the environment was fast and productive all the time. A typical day at work was provide the best care for the patients.
Pros
Discount Lunches
Cons
Breaks
people are good
Unit Secretary and Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens, GADecember 13, 2017
i like the people i work with, management on the floor i work on is not good. If it wasnt for management i would have stayed full time, i am currently there PRN
Good therapy Team
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 12, 2017
I loved working there I left because of budget cuts and my position was eliminated. Nice team to work with and has a good team effort on the floor which was nice to have
Pros
team work
Cons
budget cuts
Felt like family
Advanced Rehabilitation Care Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 12, 2017
I had a good experience at St. Mary's Hospital. My co-workers were great, management was acceptable. They were very supportive of work and home life/balance.
Family oriented
ED RN (Former Employee) –  Rhinelander, WIDecember 11, 2017
St Mary's Hospital developed the healthcare provider that I am. I was able to grow with Ministry Health Care. They were supportive in all aspects of my life.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Obtaining vacation time
I loved working here.
Coordinator, Adolescent Partial Care Program (Former Employee) –  Passaic, NJDecember 10, 2017
I enjoyed working with this organization for many reasons. The communication and collaboration among colleagues is what made my time there rewarding and successful.
great job
PT transporter (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 9, 2017
Was a great job. I had a very good experience working at this hospital. The folks I worked with were very friendly an always were helpful in what ever I needed
internship
Pediatrics Infectious Disease Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 7, 2017
I did my internship at this hospital. I was a good experience and I really liked it. The manager was a good person to me. I would recommend this agency
productive fast paced
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKNovember 30, 2017
St. Mary's is a nice place to work but I'm looking for the opportunity to grow. I work for HHS that St. Mary's contracts. We are offered healthcare through HHS but its expensive and doesn't cover much. We do get safety day gift card when we reach the goal on our safety days.
Motivated and clean place and friendly people.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARNovember 30, 2017
Productive and stress free hours. Willingness to train more people or worker. Hardest part of the job when some others doesn't know how to do theirs. And some have to double working just to finish what others can't.
Hospital
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 29, 2017
St Mary's hospital is a good work environment for any individual with an existing education, a good place for those to begin a career in the medical field.