St. Mary's Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

good job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 25, 2016
good job security definitely earn good experience and a lot of different departments to work at and meet so many different new people all the time
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 19, 2016
Overall good company to work for. My manager was open and flexible with me continuing my education. Co workers were excellent
Supportive christian atmosphere
Acute Care and Outpatient Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOJanuary 18, 2016
The hospital is a good supportive environment for new grads. The overall atmosphere is different than with for profit companies and the patients truly came first. Although the hospital has evolved over the years, the care has remained consistent and superior. I was proud to be a therapist in the hospital and the outpatient clinic.
Acceptable place to work.
Room Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 16, 2016
12 hrs of work a day pushing carts of food to serve patients.
Management was not employee centric
Co-workers were fun to work with
Dirty tray carts, very heavy and very tall.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with patients
Pros
$5 daily food allowance
Cons
Very long hours.
Fast paced but fun work environment.
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 12, 2016
I love my job as a Health Unit Coordinator at Saint Mary's. A typical day is busy, but enjoyable. I have learned many new things from this position.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Constantly short staffed.
Great Experience
Medical Receptionist (JFK Allied Health Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTDecember 31, 2015
My work done in this hospital was a volunteer work thru Kennedy HS program Allied Health. This company from where I've worked and seen have caring and understanding employees.
Big hospital for small community feel
Ultrasound technologist (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INDecember 30, 2015
Nice place to work. Well kept hospital that likes to remodel. A typical day at work is busy but not over whelming. The most enjoyable part is helping others.
Pros
Nice employee discounts
Cons
Little room to grow in management
treated like stepchildren unless you are manager's favorites
Social Work Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 16, 2015
Co-workers are dedicated, but management tries to "split" us to keep from forming factions. It's extremely sick.
Management at the highest level is new & I keep hoping there will be an awareness of the brutal way some employe's are treated & will bring change. It's the mid-level supervisors who have no idea how to lead. They sometimes act like 2 year olds - pouting, shouting, manipulating. They shame staff in front of others. They do not know how to be quality leaders.
It's been one of the best experiences for me, however, because I've learned how to focus on the patients & ignore mean management. It's been a very good learning for me.
Pros
patients, most co-workers
Cons
unfairness, injustice, punishment for speaking up
well organized
CST (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 10, 2015
Loved working here, it is organized and friendly. Every one works hard and pulls their own weight. Help each other, very team oriented
Pros
big hospital trauma center very neat cases
Cons
almost to big
Productive learning experience, great workplace
AMBASSADOR CARONDELET (Former Employee) –  1601 w ST. Mary's Rd.December 10, 2015
In a typical day at work I will always promote friendly inviting environment for patient and visitors. Address patient's needs in a timely manner by directing their concerns to
appropriated department and/or individual.
Pros
Gained knoledge in all settings of hospital manegment and care
Cons
Somentimes it was hard to deal with special situations, but always received help when needed
Home away from Home
Office Coordinator 3rd. Shift (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 9, 2015
This was the best experience of my life... I loved this place...I made the most awesome friends here. I learned a lot... Grow to love the people who I come to know over the 17 years that I worked here...
Pros
best place to owrk
Cons
Had to leave
Fun work place if you enjoy interacting with different people of different cultures.
DIETARY TRANSPORTER (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 25, 2015
I would really enjoy working for St Mary's Kitchen department again or any part of St Mary's. All staff are friendly the patients and cool and I always go extra to put a smile on their face during their stay.
Good Place to work
Clinical Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTNovember 18, 2015
This was a pleasant place to work especially the night shift. The night crew very friendly and helpful with each other. The breaks were reasonable. I learned a lot working in the ICU with Doctors and Nurses.
Pros
Convenient
Cons
short staff
Maple Leaf Day care
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYNovember 17, 2015
This place was one of my most cherished work homes. They are so welcoming and understanding. The work environment is wonderful and ran in such a smooth way.
Awful Management
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 14, 2015
I worked here for almost one month and had a horrible experience.
Human Resources were totally incompetent and made a mess of my pre-employment processing. Parking is terrible to non-existent. Many employees are stressed out, cranky, bitter, working through their breaks and forced to cut or cancel their shifts when census drops. Not a good training environment and management is very nasty and cut-throat. Do NOT recommend pursuing employment in their pharmacy under current management. I was told not to work here and I should have listened.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
too many to mention here
Fastpace atmosphere.
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTNovember 9, 2015
Great workplace with a lot of support in every aspect. Direct interaction with patients. Able to connect with patients and gain patient trust.
Teaching Environament
Operating Room Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 4, 2015
St. Mary's is committed to supporting the professional growth and advancement of newly graduated registered nurses. It offers clinical experiences to a variety of nurses from various backgrounds to support improved patient outcomes throughout the community, as well as respond to individual learning needs.
Not bad
Nutrition Clerk (Former Employee) –  Leonardtown, MDNovember 2, 2015
I wasn't there for very long, but I enjoyed my time working there and the staff that I was around. It had a family feel to it.
Great Experience
Occupational Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTOctober 31, 2015
Client centered, team oriented and play just as hard as they work. Great learning environment. Great opportunity for anyone considering mental health in a hospital as an occupational therapist.
Nurse externship
Nurse Externship (Former Employee) –  Passaic, NJOctober 27, 2015
Took patients vitals assisted in patient care and nursing duties. Helped nurses and nursing assistances with their assignments