St. Mary's Hospital Employee Reviews

Good job.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 26, 2017
Good compensation. SSM uses nursing research and evidence based practice when reviewing and editing policies and procedures. Good insurance. Competent staff. Unit based council and numerous opportunities for extra education.
St. Mary's Hospital was such a great place to work!
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILNovember 21, 2016
I found this to be an excellent environment to provide nursing care. Management was fair and the nursing staff were highly skilled healthcare providers. The work environment was pleasant, and staff was open and friendly.
Pros
Self-staffing was a nice perk. Low stress working environment.
None recommended
Attendant linen services (Current Employee) –  Evansville IndianaJanuary 12, 2017
St. Mary's hospital laundry department is a hazardous work environment. There is harassment on the daily if you are not well liked by any of the staff/coworkers management will fire you without reason.
St. Mary's Student Nurse Program
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 29, 2017
Student Nurses at St. Mary's is educational and management works very hard to work with your schooling schedule. It was fun and interactive and the staff were welcoming.
Job.
Clinical Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens, GADecember 18, 2016
The hospital has an overall great message and standards.The CEO wants you to love your job and is willing to help you . He is very humble.
Pros
health care, dental, good experience for nursing students
Cons
short of help on weekends
Good Place to work
Mental Health Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYNovember 30, 2016
Very good place to work. They go out of their way to make your work day enjoyable with plenty of room for advancement. The staff there is wonderful.
prductive fun work enviroment
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 10, 2017
Substantial experience of performing diagnostic CT scans and interventional procedures
In-depth knowledge of radiation safety, patient care and human anatomy
Operational knowledge of X-rays machine, CT Scan and other radiologic instruments
Familiarity with use of PACS and hospital information systems
Ability to train and educate all assigned staff and students in CT scanning procedures
Ability to transfer, prepare and position patientsbefore performing CT scans
Nice place to work. Co-workers were great!
Operator (Former Employee) –  Passaic, NJDecember 2, 2016
Mornings were much busier than evenings. Took a lot of phones calls from within the hospital and from outside. Made several pages overhead per day to doctors and other hospital staff. Was also responsible for releasing deceased patients to funeral directors upon their arrival. Made all hospital announcements and assisted with basic patient informations, such as if the patient has been discharged from hospital care.
Pros
small setting/office, away from the rest of the hospital departments.
Cons
a little scary at night because of the isolation from the rest of the hospital.
Nice place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant/Telemetry Monitoring (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 12, 2016
Loved working at the hospital. The nursing staff is wonderful, Medical benefits are above and beyond any you can find at other places. Most managers are able to help with hours and time off needed.
All around great place.
While at Saint Mary's Hospital
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJanuary 20, 2017
ν Prepare food items and assembles ready foods for patient trays
ν Serve meals in the patient rooms
ν Worked along side with dietitians to prepare meals for patients with dietary restrictions
ν Thorough understating of safety and legal requirements at the facility
ν Demonstrated ability to interact helpfully with persons of different social and economic backgrounds
Pros
I did get free breakfast, lunch, and dinners
Cons
Was given random hours
Very friendly and less "institutionalized"
Adult and Pediatric Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 8, 2017
Difficult for me to give an in depth review considering I only work per diem. However, this hospital has very friendly staff who work together as a complete team and are helping, supporting and encouraging one another.

This organization does wonders for those in the community who are under privileged and under served. They provide healing through faith and medicine and serve all with dignity and pride.
Productive and fun.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILNovember 7, 2016
Somedays were busier than others at work.Tight relationships with coworkers was really the best part of working here.The hardest part of the job was when we could use an extra set of hands when we were unexpectedly busy. The doctors were really great to stay at the hospital when their patient's hearttones weren't looking promising. I loved this hospital because it is small and everyone in the hospital knows each other.
Pros
Taking care of mom's and their babies and educating them on the care of their newborn.
Cons
Sometimes breaks didn't come til late in the shift.
Opportunity to move within the company is great.
Operating Room Terminal Cleaner (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 12, 2016
My nights normally go by fast I tend to keep myself busy with other work related things if my work is finished, better understanding of some medical words and use of different medical equipment, management very considerate, I get along with my co-workers, I would say the shift is the only hard part, But overall its an easy job that has really advanced my working skills.
Pros
access personal snacks for employees and ability to use our id card to pay if cash is unavailable.
Cons
parking
Enjoyable place to work
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVJanuary 20, 2017
This is a hospital so the patients are somewhat difficult to scan utilizing MRI. Most are on heart monitors and pumps etc. We always have another technologist to work with. This is a plus! Most places, make you work alone. It is steady work but you don't feel pressured. They give you the time to complete your work.
Pros
Working together
Cons
A lot of screening of patient's is involved to make sure MRI safe
Patient care associate
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 21, 2016
Being a patient care associate for st Mary's was a wonderful experience, everyone's very friendly and happy to come to work. Team environment and very helpful towards eachother
Pros
Compensation/balance
Cons
12 hours shifts only
Supervisor of Cardiology (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 25, 2016
I've been there 13 yrs and have seen employee appretiation every year. Lots of oportunity for promotions. Excellent health care from the staff.
Pros
Company lunch bbq. Holiday party, gift cards
Cons
Sometimes short staffed adds work to your days
love interacting with new people everyday but need new management
trayline leader (Current Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOFebruary 14, 2017
a job should peek your interest, it should be a place where you love coming to everyday something you enjoy. I'm making changes in my life to enjoy my workplace
Pros
love the people i work with
Cons
my boss
Educational experience
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Passaic, NJJanuary 23, 2017
Being that this is a hospital, you have in patients, out patients, ER so you never know what kind of day you will have. But i will say it is an amazing place to work. They are they're to help you whenever it is needed. You have a question, they have an answer. Hardest part is the sick people, best part is being able to spend time with them and try to cheer up there day.
Small Hospital
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 22, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job would be the interaction with the patients. The hardest part of the job would be that the hospital is small and most days has to work with less people to retain an appropriate amount of productivity. Sometimes working at a not-for-profit organization has its downfalls. Otherwise, a good place to work.
Very nice place to work.
Patient Care Technician -Extern (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 19, 2017
Doing my extern at St. Marys hospital was a very good experts for me. I was able to show what I had learned from Dorsey School for Patient care Technican. As a PCTat St. Mary's I was able to Utilize my compassion for other that are in need of a care soul.
Pros
St. Marys hired great some great cooks
Cons
The Cafeteria was very always crowded

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Mary's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.