St. Mary's Hospital

St. Mary's Hospital Employer Reviews

Productive Place
Registrar (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NYMay 27, 2014
very busy hospital, wonderful coworkers. good hours
very clean , well organized place
Office Administrator
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Athens, GAMay 24, 2014
Pros: i am very competent at my job.
Cons: the pay rate has not changed.
I have just started working for this business. I am continuing to do the same job that I did at the other job that I had previously, which is, Office Administrator.
Productive and fun.
UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 22, 2014
Pros: everyone was nice with a smile
Cons: missed the patients when they left.
I enjoyed working for SSM. They believe in what they stand for and do for the people. Loving, kind, and very compassionate. I enjoyed living the mission.
Not much room for advancement
RN (Current Employee), Centralia, ILMay 22, 2014
Good staff to work with.
working midnights you don't see your supervisor often.
Excellent hospital
Radiologic Technologist student (Former Employee), Athens, GAMay 19, 2014
Everybody always kept a smile on their faces and that made each and every day the best it could be.
Not what they presented themselves to be.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 18, 2014
Pros: progressive therapies
Cons: poor orientation
Unfortunately, St.Mary's is not what they led me to believe. I do not see advancement potential.
N/A
Administrative/Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Leonardtown, MDApril 29, 2014
Great job, awesome people to work with. Good place for work type learning while pursuing a degree in medical field.
Exceptional patient/customer service
Surgical Technologist - Operating Room (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 25, 2014
Pros: each surgical procedure/surgery have a successful outcome
Cons: toxic attitudes and mentalities and intra-departmental division.
The job itself is enjoyable, knowing that your good work is truly a skill of good deed. In addition to being a part of the team in achieving a successful patient outcome.

We are servants unto the sick and it is of great importance that communication, responsibility, and accountability remain constant at all times. My hardest part of the job is when – more... the focus is taken off the most important person in the surgical suite-"the patient".

I am the cheerleader of the OR and enjoy coordinating fun events for Surgical Services in effort to build a close surgical OR team. – less
Productive work place
Customer Service (Former Employee), reno, nevadaApril 25, 2014
Pros: medical benefits
Cons: no advancement
working in a call center helping members understand there insurance benefits and the processing of how there claims where processed. I learned how to explain and understand how claims are processed. I really don't have anything good to say about management except I was able to keep my job for all those years. Most of my co-workers was a gem to work – more... with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of my co-workers giving out incorrect information. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping those members to understand there insurance plans. – less
GOOD HOSPITAL
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Passaic, NJApril 23, 2014
Best hospital for good treatment and good care of the patients
Great Learning Experience
Admissions Receptionist (Former Employee), Athens, GAApril 21, 2014
Pros: the opportunity to learn about hospital operations.
Cons: i can think of no cons.
I worked part time on week ends as a Registrar. A typical day at work included answering phones, registering patients as direct admits and through the emergency room. Charts were made up on all patients registered. At the end of the work day the census was reconciled.

Myself and one other Registrar performed all required job functions without direct – more... supervision.

This was my first job in a hospital setting and as a registrar, it was a great learning experience learning first how patients are registered upon entering a hospital.

My co-worker and I became personal friends in out of the office setting.

The hardest part of the job was waiting for the chart on patients in the Emergency Room that the physicians had documented on and we had to wait until they decided we could have the chart, although they were finished.

The most enjoyable part was the gratification of assisting patients and family members. – less
Patient conscious environment
prn food and nutrition services (Current Employee), Janesville, WIApril 18, 2014
I very much enjoy helping the customers and patients I work with. The management is fair and considerate of each employees needs.
great place to work nice people
Operator - Weekend (Former Employee), Nederland, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: every 4 months i recieved a little benefit check
Cons: no cons
i worked part time on weekends at st. marys... it was a very comfortable work experience
HUC
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Rochester, MNApril 9, 2014
Pros: our patients
Cons: no breaks, no vacations
I have been in the health field for over ten years, and have seen many happy and sad times.
Hospital
CNA (Current Employee), Grand Junction, COMarch 26, 2014
I think working in the Hospital is a great area to see and learn new things all the time. The co-workers are great that I work with. They are always there if you need a hand with something. I love getting to see the patients increase in their health. It can be crazy how much someone can improve in just one day.
Productive and very fast pace
Nutritional assistant (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 26, 2014
Pros: half price food
We prepared meals for all the patients in the hospital and served all the nurses, doctors and visitors in the hospital.
Nursing
Spine/Neck Unit and Medical Surgical Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 25, 2014
· Implement total client care through a team nursing process covering 4-7 high acuity clients per shift
· Assess client status, use nursing process, work with interdisciplinary team (including physical therapy, occupational therapy, surgeons, and case management) and notifying physicians of clinical changes
· Coordinate services, treatments and consultations – more... using ConnectCare computer system
· Skills that have been used are as follows: Code Cart, CPR, PEG tubes, JP drains, hemovac drains, tracheostomies, ostomies, catheters (straight and foley), hospice care and surgical care – less
Great Workplace
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Clayton, MOMarch 25, 2014
The nurses and other staff members at the hospital are all very nice. It is a great place to work with an emphasis on teamwork to achieve goals.
Not the best place if you seek a dynamic environment
Chief Development Officer (Former Employee), Decatur, IlMarch 24, 2014
What is shown to the public and what happened behind closed doors were two entirely different things. Upper management managed in a few short years to lose all the talent they inherited.
monitor services for each case
EI Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Bayside, NYMarch 21, 2014
manage each cases with therapeutic services
learned how to communicate with different families
love the enviorment where i work at , with my co-worker
feel frustrated when i can't locate the services for cases
very enjoy to work in this field.
when parent appriciate how you assist them