St. Mary's Hospital

St. Mary's Hospital Employee Reviews

Never worked here
Claims Manager (Former Employee), RenoJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: discounted lunchs
Cons: not sure
I have nothing to review

I can't- people often confuse the Health Plans with the hospital.

The hospital was a non-profit entity and the Health Plans was a for profit entity both owned by CHW
LPN
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee), Standish, MIJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: i currently work close to home. always opportunity to pick up shifts. learning opportunity.
Cons: i am on-call, no set schedule
I would like to start by saying that I love my job! Although it can be very demanding, I enjoy caring for people of all ages. My current position has a variety of needs that need to be fulfilled. I diligently work hard to complete them all in a timely fashion. Delegation is a part of my position, as I have 4-5 CENA's working under myself. I believe my communication skills are quite efficient.
Have a nice enviroment
Externship Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good cafeteria
Cons: had nice parties for employees
I did my externship there. I now have my cpt.1 license. I had good experience. I work ed well with the people there. The patients were very good and well manner. They also help me develope my phlebotomy skills. I also learned how they run there laboratory.
Interesting
Patient Care Tech - 7th Floor Extended Care Unit (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: worked with some great nurses.
Cons: little money and second shift.
I worked on the Skilled Care floor. We had one wing that was nursing home and the other wings were hip replacement, cancer care, stroke, etc. Admitting patients, taking vitals, weighing. Showering, feeding, answering call lights, assisting with cleaning wounds, changing bed linens, bed pads, assisting to the bathrooms,assisting them to therapy, cleaning them and getting them ready for their family after their passing, turning patients every 2 hours.
Excelent
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Richmond HeightsJanuary 14, 2015
Great Employees
Sociable Atmosphere
Learn New Things Everyday
Nice working enviroment
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 12, 2015
A normal typical day at work was making sure that all patients were satisfied. There I learned alphabetize filing, put all patients correspondents into patients medical records. The management team was a great team that helped when difficulties came up. All co-workers were great to work with, we worked as a team.The hardest part of the job was people not showing up for work. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people and getting to know different people within the work field.
nice place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NYJanuary 11, 2015
Nice people, good benefits, and very clean. Enjoyed working there
Moderate sized ER. Cohesive staff and physicians.
Staff RN (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: campus close to home.
Cons: none.
Was a staff nurse in ER after working in medical ICU for many years. Census became labile in ICU so transferred to ER. Very busy Level 3 ER.
they were understaffed having two phlebotomist for the whole hospital
Phlebotomy, data entry (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: you day is very busy and interacting with patients, and staff is always nice.
Cons: missing lunch after 8 hours drains you and lack of staff can be frusterating, but you do your best and that is all you can do.
A typical work day was come in catch up on Am shift draws. and by then you are already late with your shift, gather all information and be on the floor drawing all day sometimes missing your lunch to keep up physicians orders for time draws. Once you have finished the whole hospital with other phlebotomist manning the desk for stat draws. and everything is caught up it is time to go home. The following day to start all over.
Healthy workplace with great nice co-workers
Volunteer (Former Employee), Athens, GADecember 30, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Typical day would involve helping with patients after their surgery. Making sure they had their comfort needs. Maintaining clean stretchers. Transporting them once they were released. My co-workers were very helpful and helped me throughout my training and anything that I needed. Helped me obtain internship with doctor. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help others.
Nice hospital
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Janesville, WIDecember 30, 2014
It has a lot of pretty attributes, however it is like a shiny new car. It looks pretty on the outside, but it still has some catching up to do on the inside. Too much to list here.
busy work place multi tasking required
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 30, 2014
Love working in the hospital setting. Also very much enjoy caring for others. Hardest part of the job is making sure you meet everyone's needs.
Enjoy wound care nursing
Wound Nurse (Former Employee), Huntington, WVDecember 18, 2014
Pros: free luncheons, closed on holidays
Cons: frequent changes in management, unable to obtain full time status
A typical day began at 7:30PM and finished at 6PM, only was able to obtain part-time status. Assisted physicians with various wound care procedures, dressing changes and documentation of size, color, exudate of wounds. Learned about Hyperbaric treatments and monitoring of patient's before, during and after treatments. Co-worker's were reliable, friendly and a pleasure to work with. Frequent changes in management made it difficult to obtain my goal of full time employment, management was outsourced from New York.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 13, 2014
I worked at the directional desk and patient discharge. What I enjoyed most was being the person that walks into patients rooms to tell them that they are going home now.
Good place to work, pay is low
Administration Assistant (Current Employee), Decatur, ILDecember 12, 2014
Pros: career advancement
Cons: low pay
It is great place to work, but pay is low. They have benefits.
wonderful coworkers
Staff RN (Former Employee), Centralia, ILDecember 9, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers. We all worked very well together including my director and house supervisors. If I needed anything or had a patient going bad I never felt abandoned, they were right there. I also felt for the most part that if patient load was too much they would find help somewhere. I also liked that they would work with me if I needed time off.
productive
Phlebotomist/Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Passaic, NJDecember 4, 2014
a nice place to work...theres always room for advancement and the managers are very nice
Excellent staff and great working environment at this adult psychiatric facility.
Registered nurse (Former Employee), Passaic, NJNovember 30, 2014
East Mountain hospital did not accept patients with private insurance. They only accepted Medicaid, Medicare and self pay. I loved working with the clientele at this hospital. I had excellent co-workers and enjoyed my position.
Good working environment.
Staff Agency (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 21, 2014
St. Mary's Hospital was a hospital that encouraged staff radiographer to interact with the patient. Giving the diversity of the ethnicity of the neighborhood it was imperative for the work force to be more open to the patients.
Not much to say
Lead Housekeeper (Current Employee), Streator ILNovember 19, 2014
Not much to talk about, just cleaning for those that don't appreciate it.