St. Mary's Hospital Employee Reviews

good place to work at
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 24, 2017
St. Mary's was a good place to work at. I enjoyed the medical staff as well as the patients. I wasn't overloaded with to many patients and had a fun time while at work.
Pros
short distance from home
Cons
day care wasnt available
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 23, 2017
I learned so much while working at St. Mary's Mercy Medical center. We were given so many opportunites to work with many different cultures and backgrounds. I would work there again.
Good place for experience
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 23, 2017
It was a good place to pick up other experience outside of the usual CNA jobs. Upper management could use a lot of improvement. Greatest part of the job; helping the patients get better and heal.
Great Place to Work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMay 23, 2017
I spent 5 years at this company and it was very good. The management is accommodating and the pay wasn't bad. It was my first job and I would have to say that it prepared me well for my future endeavors.
Perfect work family and work schedule balance
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 22, 2017
I worked at St. Mary's as a volunteer for one summer, but after the experience I had working with the Engineering department, I couldn't stop myself from returning every summer until my graduation. The St. Mary's family is really that - the community is very interconnected and supportive.
Work balance is superb. I never went into the office knowing what I was going to be doing that day, and that very much enhance my work experience there.
It was an alright experience
Volunteer for Gynecology department (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 19, 2017
As a volunteer I would file patient records and greet patients on occasion. The lady I would report to was very kind and definitely helped me when I needed help. The people were friendly at times, but it was easy to get people mad and they seemed to have very little tolerance for certain things.
Productive workplace
Nursing Student Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 17, 2017
A typical day was a 12 hour shift, first meeting with my clinical instructor and discussing our plan/goals for the day. Then listen to shift report once the nurses were ready. Throughout the day, I would do everything i could to help; taking vital signs, answering call lights, assisting patients out of bed, giving medications, and much more.
Pros
Great learning experience, friendly staff, busy
Cons
short breaks
Educational Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  DecMay 16, 2017
I loved my internship at St. Mary's Hospital. I learned a lot about medicines and it helped me decide my career path. I would recommend it to anyone who is seeking a job in the medical field.
Fast-paced working environment with nice co-workers .
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Passaic, NJMay 15, 2017
When I started working there I usually floating in different areas including ER, Oncology and Labor and Delivery . I started in ICU for more than 6 moths I learned a lot of things there such as thorough patient assessment. Since I was going to school that time I even more understand what I was studying and enhance my critical thinking. We were often short of staff so it's not really good.
Pros
They have recognitions of staff which makes us feel we are important.
Cons
Short Staff
Wonderful work place
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Passaic, NJMay 10, 2017
Wonderful organization to work for when I was younger and a teenager in HS they took me in like a family member. I would have continued to grow with the fam hiving
Perfusion Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVMay 10, 2017
Great place to work. Supportive staff and management. Terrific benefits and compensation. Accommodating to schedule needs and openly rewarding for a job well done.
Pros
Compensation and recognition
Cons
positions can be terminated
Creative, productive and love the people I work with
Patient Technician Care/ Unit secretary (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 9, 2017
I am very grateful to work for such a great company. The experience and all the new skills I've learn will be practice through out the rest of my career life.
Used to be a great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 6, 2017
Nurse ratios are on average 7:1 sometimes more. Compensation for the job is below average. Most nurses do not stay long, traveling nurses refuse to extend due to ratio's and environment
Pros
Advancement
Cons
No lunch, below average pay
Very Satisfying, and a nice place to work.
Remiitance E.O.B. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMay 5, 2017
I enjoyed working in the Business Office in accounts receivables. I was able talk over the phone, and resolve hospital accounts in a timely manner, and I enjoyed talking to the customers on the phone, which I established a good repaired with in resolving their accounts.
Friendly place to work
Registered Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 4, 2017
Responsible for accurate Cart Fill for inpatient Medications. Preparing and verifying Intravenous medication. Preparing adult and pediatric TPN. Dispensing Methadone to clinics following Hospital Guided Protocol.
Pros
Excellent place to work with very good benefits
Cons
My first Job
working as an L and D nurse for st marys hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTApril 29, 2017
great place to learn if you have a decent precceptor who actually has alot of knowledge

decent pay and they are willig to accomadate your schedule,
plus ou olly have tp
Pros
good usupervisor
Cons
nurses seem to have attitude to 'eat their young
workplace
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 26, 2017
the work environment was fun and enjoyable. the employees and patients made everyday an interesting day. I would work there again had I an opportunity
Fun, fast paced leadership role. Positive culture and family atmosphere
Director Inpatient Medical Surgical Services (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 23, 2017
I love my job. I love leadership and empowering my colleagues. I love making my colleagues smile when i give them the tools and resources they need, and watching my nurses grow. I dont like terming colleagues or corrective action however it is part of the job. I learn each and every day how to lead better and love to mentor!
Reminiscence
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILApril 21, 2017
I worked many days and nights for this company. They receive all the respect i have left to give. 6 years is a very long time to be a part of a company.
Good entry level job for the counseling field
Adolescent Resident Counselor (Current Employee) –  Passaic, NJApril 20, 2017
St. Marys is a good starting point for the counseling/social work field. Its great for graduate students to gain experience while in school. They'll be very flexible with your school/internship schedule.