St. Mary's REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Productive, fun, great starting place
Per Diem Inpatient Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 19, 2016
As a new graduate they took the time to make sure I was up to speed on my clinical skills and still use my own knowledge and think outside of the box. Very strong clinical training program.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Great atmosphere and rewarding work!
Assistant Department Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 17, 2015
Enjoyable atmosphere with wonderful coworkers. A typical day involves working with outside vendors to provide after-care for patients, insurance companies to insure proper coverage, as well as working with hospitalists and other in-house employees. We also work with a team of attorneys in regards to the legal holds in the hospital. The hardest part of the job is the frustration of not being able to find help for certain problematic situations, which rarely happens. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction received when you help a patient in need.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Advancement opportunities (in this department)
ggb
customer service (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARNovember 2, 2015
know wat to do if there are tha many people to represent but i tried so hard and still i flied. I will keep trying but where ever i go there i am
Quick learner with a fun attitude
Department Secretary in Radiology (Current Employee) –  Enid, OklahomaSeptember 22, 2015
I just love working with older people. Seeing someone who doesn't want to be in the hospital, smile is the best part of my day. So that's always my goal.I enjoy working with computers, and multi-tasking makes the workday go by fast and smooth. I work well under pressure, and when having to do what seems like a million things at once.
Caring and compassionate work place to help with patient healing.
Utilization Review Management in Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEAugust 15, 2015
In an effort to streamline report, a quick synopsis is giving at the beginning of the shift. The atmosphere is team oriented with high priority to problem solve quickly. An autonomous approach is valued with patient health and healing in mind. As the team works on many complex health initiatives, individual input is valued. With different variables on different days and shifts, the challenges are approached differently. It is wonderful to see the improvement in patient health.
Pros
Interpersonal relations
Cons
Inconsistent staffing
Great place to work.
Clinical Nutrition Services (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEMarch 9, 2015
Great atmosphere; caring and competent staff and managers. Opportunities to improve yourself and processes were welcome. Workload could be heavy but managable.
Pros
small facility able to be nimble in decisions
Excellent place to work
Registered Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVAugust 4, 2014
Great cardiac team to work with. Academic center, trained cardiac fellows on echo. Competitive pay, negative was on call status. Management was very fair with scheduling. Worked 10 hour days.
Enjoyed the work and meeting clients and working for them!
Insurance Collector (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJuly 9, 2014
Great Boss, enjoyed most of the people I worked with. Great company.
Pros
great group of people to work with!
Cons
low pay
Great place to learn and fun place to work.
Nursing Assistant, Float Pool (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJune 30, 2014
My coworkers and supervisors are lovely, supportive people willing to help me learn and be my best. As a float pool CNA, I got the opportunity to receive experience in a variety of departments; including ICU, ER, Oncology, Med-Surg, Psych, Telemetry, and long-term care. The hardest part of the job for me would be remembering where the supplies are on each of the different units I worked on. My favorite part of my job was each of the patients that I took care of.
Pleasant environment
C.N.A. Trainee (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJune 11, 2014
I assisted clients/patients/residents with adls. I learned CNA training. My managers were RNs. Coworkers were fellow students as well as experienced CNAs. The hardest part of the job was the number of clients/patients/residents to one CNA. The most enjoyable of my job was the interaction with everyone from patients to CNAs top RNs.
Pros
was hired by st marys in conjunction with local adult education
Cons
cna to patient ratio was significantly low
Fast pace, busy enviroment
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Lewiston MEMarch 10, 2014
Working 3rd shift you got to see it all. Patients coming into the Emergency Room after having a little to much, dealing with analyzer issues while still trying to keep up with work flow, and the always popular codes that require you run. All in All I wouldn't of had any other way.
Excellent Working Conditions
Clinical Staff Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CANovember 1, 2013
Good source of credible caring physicians who encouraged the St. Joseph Health Care Mission.
Pros
good screening and orientation of employees before hire.
Cons
government intervention of anti-religious mandates (abortion, etc.)
Was wonderful, but left at a good time
Switchboard Operator / Unit and Office Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MaineOctober 25, 2013
Used to be a great place to make connections full of friendly people without a care in the world. In recent years it has changed to many cold individuals that are there only to collect a paycheck with all the good staff being "invited" to leave. The hospital has gone from a terrific place to seek medical care, to a cold business that wants money before anything else.
Pros
advancement options - though few and rare
Cons
too much upper management not enough general employees
CLT-1 (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAAugust 20, 2013
Work Enviroment is Challenging but main goal is to stay focused on patient care.
Productive work place
Medical Lab Technologist (Generalist) (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJune 9, 2013
6 PM to 7 AM shift :
- collaborated with co-worker to perform lab tests
- that the midnight shift did not agree with my health
- rarely interacted with management due to the shift
- enjoyed working with my co-workers
- the night shift
- co-workers
Pros
close to rock hunting sites
Cons
midnight took it's toll on my health
Home Health Care Giver
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 30, 2012
Assist post surgery patient with daily care in their homes. A typical work day consist of Bathing, food prep,and medication setup
great place to work
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COSeptember 11, 2012
great people, the surrounding area great to work in, the most enjoyable part of the job was the people they were great
Pros
good cafeteria
Cons
short breaks
enjoyed working with team players
Hostess/Diet Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 6, 2012
went to work at 7 am served paientes their breakfast
collected menues and put them into computer took lunch break at 11am served lunch did kitchen stocking left work at 330 pm
Pros
loved working with crew and people
Cons
no cons
Great Job Security
ES Tech (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction.February 6, 2012
I am not aiming to stay in this department, but it is a job and it pays.
Pros
the pay
Cons
managment continues to change.

4.4