St. Mary's University Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Work-Study (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 20, 2017
Enjoyable easy paced job. Co-workers are helpful with team work projects that are assigned at times. The workplace culture is based on St. Mary's University Marianist values, which enhances the work experience there.
Medical Ethics
Medical Ethics Internship (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 3, 2017
Was able to do a class credit for this internship. Learned a lot of the ins and outs of how decisions are made in the ICU. Not just medicine based.
Productive and Fun
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Strong focus on student's success after college. St. Mary's University has a supportive and welcoming atmosphere. Dynamic workplace and student culture, and always something new to learn from the people around you.
Very Good
Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2017
One of the best schools I have been to. Intense teaching and learning new stuff everyday regarding technology and technical topics. Teachers were helpful and friendly as well.
bad hrs.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJanuary 29, 2017
the hours you work are very bad, and if your new you have to work every weekend. The pay was very low only the people there a long time get paid well and have the good hrs. The management was not very good they did not care about you as a person at all.
Pros
work by yourself
Cons
alot of bad things
interesting office to work in
Office Assistant - Planned Giving Office (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 14, 2017
Planned giving office gave me an insight to how a University is kept running. Was very interesting talking to alumni about their time at St. Mary's.
flexible and fun
STAFF ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 21, 2016
Very fun to work here, hours were flexible, the staff was very friendly and approachable. I learned customer service, cash management, how to operate in a control room (cameras, screens, ads, recordings, etc). the hardest part of the job was the physical work such as going around the sport fields ensuring everything is working properly, as well as setting up before sports events.
Dymanic and high demanding
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 21, 2016
A typical day at work requires meeting with students and helping with their concerns and needs pertaining to their status as international students studying abroad. I have learned Microsoft Office Skills and others that have helped me meet deadlines.
Wonderful atmosphere
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 20, 2016
I worked with the financial aid department for only a few months and they were absolutely wonderful to me. They were always so cheerful and happy to see each other day after day, sometimes bringing breakfast and lunch and just always happy to help each other. Not every department was like that, but I was very lucky to get a spot with them for my work study.
Pros
Great team work and friendly coworkers
loved it.
Physics Tutor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 14, 2016
I loved working here they are very nice and let you work on your personal things and homework like always. I had a lot of fun and my boss was great.
Fun and social
Volunteer and Workstudy (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 16, 2016
worked as a workstudy student in the IT department at St. Mary's University. Responsible for answering all incoming calls, dealt with customers requesting password reset, issues with their computers or phones. Redirected calls to appropriate professionals.
Pros
free snacks about once a week
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 6, 2016
Great place to gain plenty of experience for a more full time job. Great work environment filled with helpful, caring co-workers. Beautiful campus to work on as well.
Pros
tuition assistance
Thankful for the opportunity
R&D Lab Workstudy (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 17, 2016
Having gone through the program myself I appreciate all that PREP does. Going back to work as a mentor and program assistant was the most fun I've ever had working at a job.

In the lab as a work-study I was grateful for the opportunity to work off some of my tuition and grew to value my peers.
Pros
Great faculty and co-workers
fun
University Center Front Desk Operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 6, 2016
Working in the university center of st. marys university is plenty of fun. I am always kept busy and the management and staff are very easygoing.
High Standards with time freedom
Peer Minister (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 2, 2016
Being a student worker allowed the managers to be flexible with hours but still demanded high standards while on the lock.
Helpful, fun, challenging
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 1, 2016
As being an assistant to the physics lab TA, I had the opportunity to answer any questions students had and help with their experiments. Another task was setting up their working area.
Enriching work environment with diverse people
Entertainment Editor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 19, 2015
St. Mary's University provides clean, enriching working environments and provided us with all the funds necessary for whatever we needed to advance our functions on the job, something I saw at both places I worked as a tutor and also as an editor for the campus newspaper. The newsroom was well-stocked with all the tech gadgets we could ever needed to be creative and make the paper the best it could be, and I'm super grateful for having gotten the chance to participate in that.
Pros
access to equipment, free lunches, enriching environment, great supervisors
Cons
no benefits for student workers as far as health or anything
Very nice place and people to work with
Office Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  700 Terrace HeightsSeptember 23, 2015
St. Mary's is a fun place to work with. The employees are good people and relate well with each other. they provide training so as improve the employees' ability and knowledge of the work environment. They like working with the students a lot.
Pros
training
Cons
Challenging workplace with new people all the times from students to parents.
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 28, 2015
Both of my jobs with St. Mary's University were wonderful. Every individual was not just your ordinary common co-worker, the majority were education professionals (doctors and counselor) it was a great family.
Every semester was a new group of students up to 24. Throughout my 16 years working in higher education, it was more than a challenge but an honor working and knowing so many people from other countries.
Pros
I was able to travel several times a year.
Cons
In reality I would not change my past experience for anything.
Supportive and Driven group of Professionals
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 8, 2015
The most incredible training and coaching programs I have ever been a part of. Though challenges are faced in an ongoing campus setting the staff at St. Mary's University are engaged and constantly guide you to reach success.
Pros
Work hard play hard
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Mary's University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5