St. Mary's of Michigan Employee Reviews in United States

Decent pay
ENVIROMENTAL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 21, 2016
Decent pay but not organized with management. Benefits are way to high in price for not covering everything. Because of being employed by contractor rather than St. Mary's themselves. Very different between companies.
There's work to be done
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 18, 2016
This is a hospital with a great history but since it's been taken over by Ascension Health, it has struggled to come together and has become quite disconnected. Teamwork between departments is a struggle. So much potential but it seems like maybe the leadership is lacking direction, waiting for Ascension to tell them what to do next. Perhaps it is just a time of transition. It seems like they've cut a lot of staffing to the point where it's hurting.
Pros
Nice people work here
Cons
Pay raises are infrequent, management is disconnected
Great working environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 23, 2016
Fast paced working environment. Everyone I worked with was very helpful and fun. I got to work in a team every day to help accomplish all the required duties. I was able to communicate between the nurses and doctors as well as between nurses and patients. I really enjoyed working in a team and with the patients.
Pros
Working with great people; could take a break at my own convenience
Cons
overworked and underpaid
Great work place
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 9, 2015
St. Mary's employees truly care about quality patient care. They ensure that all patient and family members needs are met. A typical work day is fast paced and can be stressful if unorganized. The key is to stay positive, organized and prioritize tasks in order of importance.
Pros
friendly co-workers, flexible scheduling
Fun work place
Respite Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 13, 2014
I enjoy working with the staff and the participants, but I think they should pay more.
St. Mary's of Michigan
Externship- HIM dept clerk (Former Employee) –  Saginaw MISeptember 30, 2014
A typical day at St Mary's of Michigan is there is always something to do. Very friendly and fast paced office setting in the HIM Dept. I learned my new skills and also got to use some of my transferable skills. Everyone was very helpful on my Externship and always felt like part of the team.
Pros
friendly environment
Expected to be over worked...
Central Transport (Former Employee) –  Saginaw MiJuly 14, 2014
As a formal employe of St. Marys, I was actually upset that I had to quit. I really loved my job and I've meet some of the most wonderful loving people in the world here but This company is Constantly laying off employees and making cuts to save money at the expense of patient care. Expect to work with under the bare minimum of help, expected to do your best and get yelled at, expected no appreciation, expect no help for management, if working in central transport expect to be the only transport for the whole hospital. Overall, if seeking employment here. Don't expect much
Cons
under staffed, no job security, poor management, over worked, low pay state wide
Fast Paced Friendly Workplace
Front Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 23, 2014
Working in the lab was a learning experience. I had to answer phones, cleaning, file paperwork, send specimens to be tested, register patients for blood work, and relay messages to doctors. The staff and management was absolutely wonderful to work with. Everyone was very knowledgeable and willing to help with any concerns I had. Everyone wanted to see you succeed in your own career so they are always willing to lend a hand.
Pros
enjoyable work, helpful and friendly staff
Cons
Great co workers, low pay
RN (Former Employee) –  FloorJune 16, 2014
I worked there for 8 yrs and got two 25 cent raises. Managers are encouraged to not give perfect appraisals so they don't have to pay out. Everyone spread as thin as possible to avoid paying more staff. Great people, but higher ups make all the rules but don't know the job.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
no raises
Busy, but fun workplace
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 23, 2014
This was a fun and busy work place. I enjoyed working with the patients, but some nights were a little rough especially if someone passed away.
Pros
good benefits
Productive and family oriented.
Film Librarian (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 17, 2014
Answer phones, hang and file films. Request outside films. Input outside films into the system. Schedule and reschedule appointments. Register patients for exams, post and request pathology results. Interact with physician offices, give stat reports to ER. Take patients back to their room and test areas. Make cd exams for patient pick ups. Input information in system and assist radiologists.
Management and co-workers were great.
The hardest part of the job was leaving to relocate to Texas.
I learned various jobs and loved working in the medical field.
Pros
always interesting and new things to learn.
Cons
not enough hours.
Liked working with St Mary's until Touchpoint took over some departments.
Dietary Aide-Work (Current Employee) –  Standish, MIFebruary 24, 2014
Worked in Dietary. Did not like the job once touchpoint took over.
Fun place to work all staff work together as a team.
community Developer (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 1, 2014
Good place to work greatt bosses fun working with Healthy Future and Healthy Community Partners.
Company no longer cares about its employees or patients. Money is all that matters, and they say they have none.
Clerical worker (Former Employee) –  Saginaw MIDecember 8, 2013
Co-workers on my shift were great; other shifts didn't work well with one another; had mind set they did it all, other shifts did nothing. Learned a lot about people, not always good things. Hardest part of job was dealing with regulars (drug seekers) that suck the life out of the staff and the money out of pockets of hardworking people. Most enjoyable part was working with dedicated physicians and staff on the night shift. Administration is absent except for handing out directives (you will do this, you won't do this, etc) Bottom line about this company; they no longer care about people; employees, patients, or visitors. The almighty dollar is king and nothing else matters. They do not Practice what they Preach.
Pros
co-workers are in the same position; work together.
Cons
no voice in any changes or conditions. charitable medical care is a thing of the past.
Wonderful staff members
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 24, 2013
excellent place to start and maintain your career. Management is very good
Enjoyable place to work. Feels like home after 7 years of employment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MichiganOctober 17, 2013
I love working at St. Mary's, but we are looking to relocate to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan so I am trying to locate a full time position in an operating room there.
Good values and mission.
Environmental Services Tech (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 5, 2013
One's work experience here varies largely on the department they work for. I worked in a department with very poor management and the department was ultimately outsourced to another company who ran things even worse. Fortunately my day to day duties were offsite and I didn't have much interaction with any of the negativity but in the end, I was mistreated, not paid for time worked and let go based solely on personal reasons and not my job performance.
Pros
the hospital itself had great values and good intentions.
Cons
poor management, prejudice managers, they don't follow their own values.
Nice, friendly place to work
Radiographer Extern (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MISeptember 19, 2013
Staff is very pleasent to work with.
ER is smaller, so not as busy as other hospitals in area.
Two CT scaners, Two MRI (one Open).
X-ray still uses CR, but has new carestreem software.
i love this job
Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  saginaw, miSeptember 18, 2013
i have a great time every time i come to work. i get to meet new people every day and i love how my co workers are great people.
Pros
lunch
Cons
short lunch
Provides excellent patient care
Physician Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MISeptember 12, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was to work with physicians, patients and community memebers.

St. Mary's of Michigan Reviews by Location