St. Mary Medical Center Employee Reviews

Progressive Care Unit (PCU) senior RNs are plastic
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJune 14, 2017
The senior RNs and manager need to get off their high horse. God forbid if you're not familiar with a procedure or protocol. God forbid if you're having a bad day. Although most of the younger RNs were friendly and supportive, it was those select older ones that made my stay here miserable. No support or encouragement from management either. This is supposed to be a religious healthcare center, it sure didn't feel like it.
Pros
Religious healthcare facility (I thought this was a good thing)
Cons
Pretentious back-stabbing manager & senior RNs
Ok
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJune 14, 2017
St. Mary's is located on a very nice campus that offers free parking. No city wage taxes are paid. Not much traffic compared to city hospitals. Overall good place to work.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Too many changes, cutbacks.
Printing Press Operator
Printing Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Gary, INJune 11, 2017
I operated various printing presses, printing ALL forms, letters, cards, etc for the hospital. Organization was a must to maintain all needed materials
promotion
Infusion Room RN Pier Diem (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMay 31, 2017
I have worked for stmary for 13 years. I have worked as a charge nurse, nurse preceptor, nominated for nurse of the year, completed research projects, sat on multiple councils, and honestly have gone above and beyond. There is no recognition for hard work at St.Mary. The are no advancement opportunities which is discouraging.
Pros
close to home
Cons
pay, management, no job advancement
Friendly place to work
Clinical Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMay 30, 2017
I enjoy being a part of the St Mary culture and mission for many years- has been a very supportive place to work. Solid mission and values, great people to work with.
good experience
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INMay 29, 2017
worked they for 3 years. good place to work. some nurses not very helpful. Worked as a Medical Assistant there. Got to draw blood, EKG's. Got to do CPR. very hands on job.
Pros
very hands on job
Cons
nurses not helpful
Great place to work, great gym, staff rooms/lunch areas
Phlebotomist/EKG Tech Telemetry Unit (Former Employee) –  Bucks County, PAMay 26, 2017
Excellent place to work with room to grow/ multi-task. I learned to complain less and be more compassionate. Mary is a trauma center therefore; a typical day there is hustling and bustling with hardly any down time.management was great. The catholic culture was highly maintained every person was treated equally. the hardest part of the job was to detached from my patients.The most enjoyable part is when a patient say thank you.
Pros
Free lunches/dinners, years of service recognition, something for almosteveryoccasions
Cons
Breaks was15x2mins and 30mins
Prep and scan charts to go into medical record, quality check records, release records
HIM Clerk (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVMay 23, 2017
Prep and scan charts, quality check charts, round hospital to pick up certain documents. Hardest part of the job is making sure correct patient info is in correct record. Most enjoyable part is the interaction with coworkers.
Wonderful Colleagues
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  langhorne, paMay 11, 2017
St Mary Medical Center is a nice place to work because of your colleagues. People at the hospital tend to be special and help each other out. They are in the process of trying to improve many aspects regarding patients care and staff due to a decline in recent years. New administration seems committed to improving relationships with all staff especially physician and their treatment of other staff. I like St Mary as a place of employment, but it is not very organized and communication between departments is limited which can be frustrating.
Pros
nice environment, nice people
Cons
short breaks, pay is fair, understaffed, communication limited
Hard work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INMay 3, 2017
Hard but rewarding work.
Most of the people i worked with were team players, meaning they were willing to help each other. This is a very "heavy" job and to work as a team, together, makes it a more enjoyable career.
Great place to work for Acute care experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 1, 2017
The nursing and management staff is great. St. Mary's is a great place to work as a nursing aid to get the best acute care experience, especially if you plan on becoming a RN.
Cons
Long 12 hour shifts
Internship
Internship (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 1, 2017
Through my experience it was a good place to start getting experience in the medical field. The staff and clients were nice to work with. I would recommend an internship at St. Mary's to my friends.
Very Productive workplace.
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INMay 1, 2017
Teamwork from day 1.....ensured 100% customer service to our company and our employees! All the way from the Administration to our department. Awesome place to work and be a part of the Community Healthcare System.
Pros
Teamwork
Growing facility
Dignity Health-Manager of Care Coordination (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 27, 2017
Very busy, lots of changes. Admin leadership sometimes lacking related to a lot of change over in the last few months. This sometimes makes it difficult. New admin coming into place will help improve.
Great place to work if you have a degree
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 14, 2017
St. Mary's is a large employer for the area that it is located.
There are many positions for many different types of jobs.
For the particular job that I worked at, it was not such a great job.
The work and knowledge that was expected for the position was greatly more than the compensation that was given. Making the turnover rate in the position higher than average.
I am only reviewing the department that I worked in the the entire employer.
Pros
Large employer, quick hiring process.
Cons
Pay rate and benefits were not equal to required knowledge for position.
St.Mary Medical Center
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAApril 3, 2017
Working at St.Mary Medical Center is amazing. I love it here and I love most of my co-workers. The patients are great but I need something when I can work mornings and be home with my family at night and right now that isn't possible.
Great place to work.
Student Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CA 90813February 23, 2017
This is a great facility to work for, I not only worked side by side with friendly professions but it is a fantastic place to learn new procedures with great equipment.
Hospital records - quick entry
Volunteer Experience (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PAFebruary 22, 2017
Was given hospital records to enter into spreadsheets. This was all I was given to work on as part of my volunteer work. Was told it would take a long while to do but it only took me about a day or so to complete. Seemed pretty easy to do with no pressure.
Good Place to work
Patient Access Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAFebruary 8, 2017
It is a good place to work, however the constant lay offs is discouraging to staff. I would have loved to retire from there. I miss the staff who worked for me and with me.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lay offs
The culture
Physical Therapist Assistant intern (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAFebruary 2, 2017
The culture and environment was ok but needed to have more communication with others.I did enjoy working with the patients there and watching them succeed with treatment. Other then communication it was a good place to learn and grow.
Pros
learning
Cons
Communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Mary Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.