St. Mary Mercy Hospital Employee Reviews

OK place to work but don't expect much from management
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 21, 2017
The pay is comparable to most hospital systems in southeast Michigan. Most floors are run well but management support can be spotty. Turnover can be high.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Not much support from management
not enough hour avalibility
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 18, 2017
working at this facility is good, but working at food service can be hectic. the employees are great people making the work place fun to be at. i would recommend working here
Rehibiltation unit RN
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Livonia MIOctober 9, 2017
Receiving report from outgoing nurses
Personal assessment of assigned patient
Medication administration/ communication with pharmacy related to medication issues
Assisting with three meals assisting with diabetic management
Assisting with ADL's
Admissions of new patient
Communicating with Doctors, therapists to complete care plans
Complete discharge instruction for individual needs
Teaching patient how to achieve individual goals once they are discharged
Communicate with Social Workers for discharge needs
Assisting and covering for other nurses while they are off the unit
End of the day wrap up giving report to the oncoming nurse
Assisting the patient with pm care and dressing for bed
finishing up with any nursing notes/communications
Pros
co workers assisting others
Cons
level of manageral intervention
Wonderful place to work
Labor and Delivery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 2, 2017
Worked with experienced RN's who were always willing to help, patients came first. Hardest part of my job was delivering fetal demises. Best part was my coworkers were like family.
Pros
Supportive enviornment
eventful environment, learned something new every day, great co-workers who worked together to provide efficient and caring environment for patients
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 23, 2017
welcoming unit. enjoyed rotating in all the different areas of the emergency center - traumas, senior center, treatment, rapid and behavior health. everyone was so helpful and knowledgeable, steady work environment- admitting patients, getting vitals, blood work, CT, X-ray scans in a short timeframe - everyone seemed to help out where it was needed. miss working at SMMH. very educational work place with elite care.
Great hospital to work for.
Team lead (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 7, 2017
Very friendly and professional work environment. The organization treated its employees very well. Management is professional and provides support to every employee. Gained a significant amount of skills and knowledge working amongst other health care professionals employed under Trinity Health.
LOVED working here
Staff Nurse in the Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 9, 2017
I would have stayed on, except that there were no day shift positions available and for medical reasons, I had to get off of midnights.
Nice community hospital!
Easy entry level position as a transitional job
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 12, 2017
- Daily routine of moving people throughout the hospital
- Management isn't sure what to do with our break room
- Staff is very pleasant to work with most of the time
Pros
Free excercise, and friendly co-workers
Medical Assistant Ambulatory Network
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 4, 2017
Management is an absolute disaster. They keep hiring fresh out of school graduates with master degrees but zero clinical experience. Have a bunch of pencil pushers making decisions about how clinics should run. Consistently understaffed, supplies necessary to do your job are not there. Would not recommend anyone to work here. Thankfully, MOST of the doctors are competent enough keep that place running. Staff beneath that? Not so much.
Official response from St. Mary Mercy Hospital
June 6, 2017

Thank you for bringing your management and staffing concerns to our attention. St. Mary Mercy prides itself in having an engaged work force and appreciates learning how to make working with us better for our colleagues. We would like to be able to address these concerns with you if you would give us the opportunity. Please contact Human Resources at 734-655-2922 to talk confidentially with a representative.

Fun, learned a lot
Internship (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 2, 2017
Each day was different. Enjoyed meeting new people each day and helping people rehabilitate their lives after having an event. Although it was a more relaxed setting, it was very educational and you could tell people made bonds with one another making it a more comfortable setting to return to.

Want to know more about St. Mary Mercy Hospital?

Ask a question
This is a nice place to work.
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 19, 2017
Wonderful people who are eager to help /teach younger staff. Good salary and excellent benefits. Flexible and very friendly environment for working moms.
Great place for patient care
Inpatient Rehabilitation Tech/Intern (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 21, 2017
I felt as though everyone one of my co-workers truly wanted what was best for each patient. I felt as though it was a group effort, and there was never and single patient who didn't appreciate their experience at St. Mary's.
Good intentions with bad execution
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MI 48152February 6, 2017
I worked here for a pretty short amount in time so keep that in mind when reading this review. I loved the job during training, I felt like I was catching on pretty well, and my coworkers were really nice for the most part. I think the only thing that went wrong in this position was the lack there of employee-manager communication. I felt like even when I did get a chance to talk to my manager, they had their own agenda and whatever I had to say about it was unimportant to them. But pay was great and there were a lot of included benefits.
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
Poor communication with managment
Great hospital for learning
Administrative Fellow (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 23, 2016
As an intern I gained valuable learning experience and was given the opportunity to collaborate with many different facets within the hospital. You can tell the employees are a family and treat their patients as if they are apart of it.
Pros
Great people, comfortable atmosphere
Contingent Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 24, 2016
I enjoyed my time working at SMMH. I did a clinical rotation here as a student and enjoyed the people I worked with so much, that I applied and was hired into a contingent position within the rehab department.
Friendly staff and enjoyable work environment
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 23, 2016
There is a great staff of therapists at this location that work well together and are great patient advocates. As a new grad working here, the therapists are very good about taking the time to really teach you interventions and answer any questions you may have.
Great place to work.
Pre & post surgical RN preceptor (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 7, 2016
Patient load can be heavy at times, but the staff is very supportive of each other
I learned team work and trust go a long way
The most difficult part of the job is the heavy patient load with many turnovers
The most enjoyable part o f the job are the patients and to see them suceed
Great Security Department
Shift Supervisor/ Security (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 8, 2016
The Management and training I received as a Security Officer working here was superb. The Director and staff are great to work with and it was definitely a family oriented work enviroment.This job can be challenging but you have to really enjoy helping people. The reward working here is far more greater than money. Overall this is a excellent place to work at.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Small Town Hospital
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 11, 2016
I enjoy working at St. Mary Mercy Hospital. Its a small enough hospital to allow working relationships with familiar faces. Large enough to all a good variety in demographics and services.
Enjoyed co-workers, lots of fun!!!
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 28, 2015
You work hard, but you also have the opportunity to fun and laugh...
Hardest part of the job was only when co-workers didn't take the job as serious as others to get the job done in a timely manner...
Pros
co-workers
Cons
teamlead

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Mary Mercy Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Mary Mercy Hospital Reviews by Location