St. Mary Mercy Hospital Employee Reviews

Contingent Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 24, 2016
I enjoyed my time working at SMMH. I did a clinical rotation here as a student and enjoyed the people I worked with so much, that I applied and was hired into a contingent position within the rehab department.
Friendly staff and enjoyable work environment
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 23, 2016
There is a great staff of therapists at this location that work well together and are great patient advocates. As a new grad working here, the therapists are very good about taking the time to really teach you interventions and answer any questions you may have.
Great place to work.
Pre & post surgical RN preceptor (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 7, 2016
Patient load can be heavy at times, but the staff is very supportive of each other
I learned team work and trust go a long way
The most difficult part of the job is the heavy patient load with many turnovers
The most enjoyable part o f the job are the patients and to see them suceed
Great Security Department
Shift Supervisor/ Security (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 8, 2016
The Management and training I received as a Security Officer working here was superb. The Director and staff are great to work with and it was definitely a family oriented work enviroment.This job can be challenging but you have to really enjoy helping people. The reward working here is far more greater than money. Overall this is a excellent place to work at.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Small Town Hospital
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 11, 2016
I enjoy working at St. Mary Mercy Hospital. Its a small enough hospital to allow working relationships with familiar faces. Large enough to all a good variety in demographics and services.
Enjoyed co-workers, lots of fun!!!
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 28, 2015
You work hard, but you also have the opportunity to fun and laugh...
Hardest part of the job was only when co-workers didn't take the job as serious as others to get the job done in a timely manner...
Pros
co-workers
Cons
teamlead
Productive work enviroment
Patient Care Associate Oncology Unit (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 7, 2015
Great co-worker work as a team, Nurses were nice to work. Learn a lot about end of life care. working on the Onocology Unit. Typical work day at midnight was pretty quite. enjoy working there and gaining new experience working in a hospital environment.
Pros
Unit get together pot lucks
Cons
Excellent Hospital. Great Employee Benefits.
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 2, 2015
Working in a 24-hour operation has been an eye-opener for me.

Before working at St. Mary Hospital, I had never been required to work on a weekend or to work a night shift. By far, that has been the hardest thing to get used to.

One of the pros of working in a 24-hour operation is I can definitely leave my work at work. There is nothing I can bring home with me. I have to trust the person who follows me will be able to pick-up where I left off and that when I arrive at work, I will be able to pick-up where the previous worker left off.

My co-workers at St. Mary are some of the smartest, most caring people I have ever met. Working with them as a team to improve patient care, is the most rewarding aspect of my job.
great place to work, friendly staff everywhere
Supply Chain Inventory Tech (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 18, 2015
one of the best health care locations to work in the city of livonia. Newly renovated in order to support higher patient volumes makes it nicer then ever. overall wonderful environment.
Productive and fun place to work.
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 5, 2015
My co-workers were very helpful. My manager was supportive of any family issues. The work as a programmer was fulfilling, because i got to interact with other people in the hospital, and help solve their issues.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Had to work on call rotation.
Have to have a thick skin
ER (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 25, 2015
Reasonable expectations, big work load, difficulty moving up, poor staff communication, environment is what you make it.
Pros
Aesthetic
Cons
Coworkers
Love it
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 1, 2015
This job is awesome. This Job is something like an internship, I went to a high school that requires for Students to work at a corporate job in order to graduate. I worked here for all 4 years and gained a lot of knowledge and experience.
A good place to work.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 8, 2015
A typical day at St. Mary Mercy begins starts as soon as you get to work. Jobs include, IVs, unit dose, stock, chemo tech, or inventory control. The day is busy, but the job is do-able. There is a teamwork ethic, whereby, if the other technicians see that someone is struggling to finish their job, the others pitch in to help. Everyone finishes by end of shift.
St. mary is going through growing pains right now. The expansion of services means jobs functions in the pharmacy are changing. Once renovations are complete, positions will fall into place. Management understands this an they are doing the best they can to work with a changing environment.
Pros
good benefits, 403b matching, very competitive wages
Cons
Personally, the distance from my home.
I really enjoyed working for this hospital.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 10, 2014
I had to leave because of medical reasons back then but I really enjoyed working there while I did.
Small but mighty
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 10, 2014
Good hospital, very small community hospital. Sweet staff.
Fun Deptartment with great co-workers. Maternity Depaprtment
OB Tech - Labor & Delivery (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 2, 2014
I did some clerical work, phones copy and fax machine. Mostly did work with Newborns and Mothers, obtaining vitals and lab specimans. I also was trained to be a Scrub Tech on C-sections which I really enjoyed. Very fulfilling position. A large variety of work.
Pros
In Maternity Dept. fun to see and work with newborn babies.
Cons
Working some weekends and sometimes being called off because not enough patients to keep full staff.
I love what i do
Cardiology Unit Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 5, 2014
worked cardiology floor in hospital they wore heart monitors vital signs ecg bathing feeding tending to their needs and have been in my share of rapid responses take lab specimens etc. My most enjoyable part is i love what i do and to talk to my patients interact with them
Pros
i love my work
Cons
na
great work experience
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 24, 2014
-Make certain hospital grounds are safe for employees, visitors, and patients.
-Control access for the entire Medical Center and perform all necessary locking and unlocking within the various buildings and grounds.
-Worked as an OIC supervising of Officers.
-Dispatch emergency calls, to other officers throughout hospital.
-Responds to distress calls, panic alarms and emergency calls for disorderly conduct, disruptive persons or combative patients.
-Help visitors and patients to and from there vehicles.
Pros
great work experience
Fist Job
Med/Surg Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 4, 2014
This was my first job as an RN working 12 hrs shifts. It was a nice place to work. The floor I worked on was a great floor to learn about nursing. The people were friendly, the manager was great and people did their jobs.
Valuable learning experience even as intern
Mental Health Intern (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 18, 2014
As an intern, I was unable to perform many tasks but I was able to shadow and talk to patients about referrals and further seeking help. This was my first exposure to mental health and substance abuse. There were a lot of different things to learn about all diseases. The staff was willing to help the interns learn especially when there was stuff that was hard to pick up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Mary Mercy Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2