St. Marys Medical Center

St. Marys Medical Center Employee Reviews

Patient Care Coordinator, Administration (Current Employee), Huntington, WVJune 15, 2015
I have worked at St. Mary's for 35 years. It is a good place to work. Excellent benefits, family oriented, faith based hospital.
Rewarding experience
Lead Education Intern (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJune 13, 2015
My internship with St. Mary Medical Center was one of the best experiences. I learned so much by working directly with director of the department I was in. The most enjoyable part of my internship were the professional relationships I built while I was there.
I have been here too long I guess
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee), Apple Valley, CAMay 18, 2015
The problem with SMMC is that management keeps changing and we really dont have a family there at work anymore. We used to. I love most things about working here but always feel like i am walking on eggshells. At any minute someone is waiting to fire you. So that they may hire someone whom they would paylots less. Its all about numbers. its sad!
A very interesting diverse place to work. Always on the go.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMay 13, 2015
Pros: Free movie tickets for working some overtime. Special catered dinner for 5+ years of service.
Cons: There are no cons. Im happy with that!
St. Marys Medical Center is a great experience especially all the trauma calls. Management and co-workers are wonderful to work with. Management always wanted to hear our input on making things better. I am proud to be part of the St Marys Medical Center Team.
Great staff and experiences
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), LnaghorneMay 9, 2015
Pros: Competent and friendly staff
Cons: none
This was a great hospital to work at. The staff and management were extremely pleasant and easy to work with. I got some great experience working in a hospital setting here.
Poor pay
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Portage, IndianaApril 21, 2015
Pros: Employee health fair
Cons: Not good PTO accumulation, pay
Poor pay for anyone other than a RN. Very strict on the point system, will get docked even if 30 seconds late! Management doesn't understand that you have a life at home as well and things happen. The company spends money on non-irrelevant things, when they should be paying their employees better. Everyone feels disposable. There are some good perks, but with the poor pay, it doesn't balance out.
Great agency to build a solid skills base
MSW Intern (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 14, 2015
This is an acute hospital that serves the vast population in the city of Long Beach and surrounding areas. A typical day for a social worker begins in the participation of interdisciplinary meetings to identify possible patients that would need a consult. Additionally, referrals are made to social workers.
Fun and Fast Pace Great opportunities
Commercial Biller I / Correspondence Clerk (Former Employee), Apple Valley, CAMarch 26, 2015
This is the Place where I was given the most grace and all my experience was obtained here. I am extremely grateful for all that was watered in me. I grew here the most and everyone was friendly.
Productive fast paced work environment
C.T. Tech Aide (Current Employee), Langhorne, PAMarch 25, 2015
I really enjoy working for St. Mary's in the radiology department. It is very fast paced and the day goes quick. Co-workers are great and make it easy to work through a shift.
Fast paced tight knit workplace, no downtime at all.
My RN (Former Employee), St. Mary Medical Center Long Beach CaliforniaMarch 12, 2015
Pros: best benefits, good co-workers, great feedback when necessary. plenty of opportunity to teach.
Cons: no opportunity for advancement, one break in am (15 minutes) one 30 minute lunch. no afternoon break, sometimes assignments were staffed heavy.
This was a fun fast paced place to hone skills with organization, communication, and responding quickly to patient needs. I learned to be an effective communicator, juggling patient tests, treatments, medications and care plans. The hardest part of the job was the lack of time to really spend with the patients, all of our documentation was still paper. The most enjoyable part of my job was caring for all of the patients, no matter how sick they were. I also loved student nurses, and new grad training.
Fair employer
Phlebotomist/Central Specimen Receiving Technician (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 11, 2015
Can get very busy. Often understaffed. Got along great with co-workers and management. leaned a great deal about leadership and medical billing.
Caring Staff
Patient Access Manager (Former Employee), Huntington, WVJanuary 24, 2015
Everyone including the sisters cares about the patients. Many employees have worked there for their entire career.
Very caring hospital
Managed Care Clerk II (Former Employee), Apple Valley, CAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: caring people that were employed there
Cons: benefits werent' that great
This is where I really learned about caring for others. This is where I learned to care most about others. I learned a lot about the systems of the other hospitals that would call in for claims inquiries
Great Hands on Experience
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: lunches
Really enjoyed working with patients and giving them the care that they need. Hardest part of the job was keeping up the pace, making sure every patient was seen on time.
St Mary Medical Center
Information Assistant, Department of Public Safety (Current Employee), Apple Valley, CaDecember 9, 2014
Pros: flexible, pay compensation, transfer
Cons: n/a
I've enjoyed working at St. Mary Medical Center. I've learned medical procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to interact with the patients.
Great Organization
Recruiter (Current Employee), Hobart, INOctober 23, 2014
St. Mary is a great organization to be a part of. I have a learned a great about healthcare and found the staff and management to genuinely show care and compassion for both patients and staff.
For the sutdent
UNIT CLERK/MONITOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Apple Valley, CAOctober 23, 2014
They had great oppotunity and support for students going through the nursing program
productive and fun work place
sterile processing tech (Current Employee), Apple Valley, CAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: great team work
Cons: i do not want to work the night shift anymore
I am a hard worker, Im all about patient care and working as a team
Great work experience
HIM Assem/prep/scanner/filling rep (Former Employee), Apple Valley, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great work hours 6:00am-2:30pm, insurance benefits were a plus.
Cons: low staff
Very low short staffed department. Typical day at work check emails, print discharged patient logs, went to all departments in Hospital to pick up discharges to be prep, scanned,filed in the electronic medical system so that billing would follow. Assembling discharged patient records according to the current universal chart order list. I perform
record retrieval from floors ,warehouse, and off site storages for copy services, subpoenas for law
firms and all other ROI requester's so that the Patient Information Specialist can process records. I
perform reconciliation activities of charts received and/or processed, which includes checking out
charts and/or printing for various floors. Responsible for medical record prepping ,scanning, indexing
and filing. In which I scan into a electronic imaging system called Chart-maxx. I also use Meditech ,
excel and word. I also Assist with other general office duties as needed.
Great people to work with
Certified Nursing AssistantMed Surg Float Pool (Former Employee), Duluth, MNOctober 15, 2014
Great healthcare, benefits and pay. Coworkers were always willing to help in anyway to achieve the success for each patient.

1 2 3 4