St. Marys Medical Center Employee Reviews

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 13, 2016
St. Marys was a great place to work. Amazing doctors, great teamwork between staff, and a great location! I started as a new grad and the telemetry floor really groomed me to become the great nurse I am. They were supportive and fostered a wonderful learning environment. Although not all of the doctors were as nice, many of the doctors would take the time to talk with you and help you understand their thinking so you were able to provide better, more comprehensive care. Overall, I would love to go back!
St. Mary's Medical Center is a very friendly place to work for.
Case Management Secretary (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAOctober 20, 2016
I really enjoyed working at St. Mary's Medical Center; I was working as a temporary contractor through an agency and when St. Mary's told me that they could not extend the contract and that I was going to be laid off, I felt very sad because I really liked my job, because I was treated with dignity and respect.
Patient Care Coordinator, Administration (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 15, 2015
I have worked at St. Mary's for 35 years. It is a good place to work. Excellent benefits, family oriented, faith based hospital.
Great staff and experiences
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  LnaghorneMay 9, 2015
This was a great hospital to work at. The staff and management were extremely pleasant and easy to work with. I got some great experience working in a hospital setting here.
Pros
Competent and friendly staff
Caring Staff
Patient Access Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJanuary 24, 2015
Everyone including the sisters cares about the patients. Many employees have worked there for their entire career.
Great Organization
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Hobart, INOctober 23, 2014
St. Mary is a great organization to be a part of. I have a learned a great about healthcare and found the staff and management to genuinely show care and compassion for both patients and staff.
Great place (those one-star reviews are for some place in California)
Spiritual Care (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVMay 6, 2014
Friendly culture, supportive, everybody willing to do more than what is required.

Caring, professional, competent, focused on best practices, just plain good people.

Adequate to good staffing levels, excellent interdisciplinary teamwork. People pull together with a mutual concern to provide excellent patient care as well as attention to visitors, families, and other staff.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, professionalism, caring, supportive
Cons
Cafeteria closes at 7 pm on weekends
It used to be a good place to work. It no longer supports its staff in any way. It's all about the money.
RN Charge Nurse  (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVApril 28, 2013
Truly taking care of patients is the best part. Putting up with the verbal abuse of physicians is the worst. I work with a great group of RNs and feel they deserve so much more respect than we get.It has become a very hostile environment.
Pros
Free health insurance
Cons
Poor work enviroment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Marys Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7