St. Marys Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great place to wok
PCS (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVDecember 30, 2017
Great place to work. Not a great place to make friends. They need to make sure the people they hire are willing to do their job and actually know how to do it. Alot of nurses there are only in it for the money and not to take care of patients.
St. Mary's is a very relaxed job.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 15, 2017
It has been a very Wonderful experience working at St. Mary's Hospital, I do enjoy the Guest. I work the Children's Desk and working that desk has it's up and down cause you have to sit at the desk and watch the kids that getting admitted be sad. Than you have the days when you see the kids going home with nothing but laughter. Beside it's a joy to hear the en-com go off when a new baby be born.
Pros
sitting and not standing all day
Cons
having to tell a guest they not allow
At least it was a job
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INDecember 5, 2017
I really did enjoy my time that I worked at SMMC. However, I hated the low pay. You are expected to do so much and get paid not nearly enough. However, they did pay better than the local nursing homes!
Pros
Some great staff members, hospital, being able to buy things with your ID tag
Cons
Overworked, mean staff
Great place to work, and educational with advancement.
Certified Nursing AssistantMed Surg Float Pool (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNOctober 13, 2017
I worked Medical/Surgical Float Pool with some wonderful staff members, who were always willing to work as a team. I would work their again and I would pass on to others what a great experience it was.
Pros
Learning/Education
very fast paced workplace
RN (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVOctober 2, 2017
I didn't mind working here, but the hours that I was required to work was unbearable. I don't do well with night shift, and working nights and days in the same week was hard. We also worked short a lot of the times.
Pros
free healthcare
Cons
night shift, work short
productive, positive place to work
Orthopedic Team Lead/Educator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJuly 9, 2017
I started out the education and training of new staff. Then I was the Orthopedic Team Lead of Sterile Processing. I had to learn all the surgical instruments and sets. I loved learning all the processes and instrumentation of surgery.
would be a great place to work if management was better
SPD Tech II (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INJune 11, 2017
I really enjoy the kind of work that I do. It's challenging and can be busy at times. I was under the impression, when hired, that everyone was to be treated fairly and honestly. This was not the case here. Management and team leader were not fair. They didn't listen to the techs that had experience and were trying to improve things.
Pros
good insurance and decent wages
Cons
poor management and unorganized operating procedures.
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 11, 2017
My position grew from Primary care to executive care, to cardiology and coumadin clinic. Prime Healthcare took over St. Marys, with some wonderful employees.
fast paced, stressful , short on help alot
Material Distrubution Techican (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 10, 2017
Fast paced, stressed
Computer skills, different types of work
Ok in most departments but needs work in higher ups
Background on St Mary's Medical Center indifferent areas
Getting ever thing done in the time frame of your shift
Knowing a ton of people
Pros
Benefits affordable for most part, jobs openings offten
Cons
Very stressful in different departments.
Great Hospital with excellent patient care
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJanuary 14, 2017
Volunteering with the staff there was great. Everyone was very friendly. I learned a lot about filing, shipping and receiving, and being patient and friendly. I really enjoyed meeting new people and being helpful.
Pros
leaning to be neat and organized
Cons
no pay
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 13, 2016
St. Marys was a great place to work. Amazing doctors, great teamwork between staff, and a great location! I started as a new grad and the telemetry floor really groomed me to become the great nurse I am. They were supportive and fostered a wonderful learning environment. Although not all of the doctors were as nice, many of the doctors would take the time to talk with you and help you understand their thinking so you were able to provide better, more comprehensive care. Overall, I would love to go back!
St. Mary's Medical Center is a very friendly place to work for.
Case Management Secretary (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAOctober 20, 2016
I really enjoyed working at St. Mary's Medical Center; I was working as a temporary contractor through an agency and when St. Mary's told me that they could not extend the contract and that I was going to be laid off, I felt very sad because I really liked my job, because I was treated with dignity and respect.
Patient Care Coordinator, Administration (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 15, 2015
I have worked at St. Mary's for 35 years. It is a good place to work. Excellent benefits, family oriented, faith based hospital.
Great staff and experiences
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  LnaghorneMay 9, 2015
This was a great hospital to work at. The staff and management were extremely pleasant and easy to work with. I got some great experience working in a hospital setting here.
Pros
Competent and friendly staff
Caring Staff
Patient Access Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJanuary 24, 2015
Everyone including the sisters cares about the patients. Many employees have worked there for their entire career.
Great Organization
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Hobart, INOctober 23, 2014
St. Mary is a great organization to be a part of. I have a learned a great about healthcare and found the staff and management to genuinely show care and compassion for both patients and staff.
I have allowed myself the ability to transition between jobs the past few years in order to build a wide ranging skill set. As a result I have gained
FOOD SERVICE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVMay 13, 2014
Opportunity to come to work, assist, and provide 100% effort .
Great place (those one-star reviews are for some place in California)
Spiritual Care (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVMay 6, 2014
Friendly culture, supportive, everybody willing to do more than what is required.

Caring, professional, competent, focused on best practices, just plain good people.

Adequate to good staffing levels, excellent interdisciplinary teamwork. People pull together with a mutual concern to provide excellent patient care as well as attention to visitors, families, and other staff.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, professionalism, caring, supportive
Cons
Cafeteria closes at 7 pm on weekends
It used to be a good place to work. It no longer supports its staff in any way. It's all about the money.
RN Charge Nurse  (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVApril 28, 2013
Truly taking care of patients is the best part. Putting up with the verbal abuse of physicians is the worst. I work with a great group of RNs and feel they deserve so much more respect than we get.It has become a very hostile environment.
Pros
Free health insurance
Cons
Poor work enviroment.
very good
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVApril 28, 2012
very good working environment! professional environment full of nice people.
Pros
very good
Cons
not bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Marys Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.