St. Moritz Building Services Employee Reviews

Just tired of the ignorance
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 15, 2017
They only care about themselves. Period, The ridiculous harassment and ignorance, You get in a building for which you've worked in for a few years is sad, Put down gossip, Mgt doesn't check on you unless there's a problem, Pay is under pay for the job, No retirement fund unless you pay dearly for it, No sure thing as bound, and honestly it's horrible work environment,
Pros
Cons
to many to explain
productive
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PASeptember 7, 2017
great work experience every day. I'd like to work there again. The job was clear to me and I enjoyed doing it. My managers are understanding, and knowledgeable.
Don't waste your time
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 1, 2017
They are the worst company to work for especially the Raleigh office. They don't care about you but more about themselves. It's not worth the drive for 8.25/hr.Especially to be placed in a bank with the most racist branch manager.And a supervisor who asks a worker to train another worker but when an incident happens they cover their own.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No cons
Long shift/ under staffed
Maintenance Tech/ Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, GAJanuary 25, 2017
There were no typical days. I never knew what I would be doing until my shift started. I learned a lot about maintenance. Patching sidewalks, basic plumbing issues, painting, and really anything you could imagine doing to upkeep a shopping mall.
Don't work
Part Time Janitor (Former Employee) –  Cleaning officesDecember 10, 2016
don't work here. They short you on your pay checks and when you call them they don't return your phone call. I called three times and had to talk my superviser. Direct deposit takes forever to start, if at all. They lost my first check and short first two times. Still waiting.

I was harassed, intimidated, and made fun by my own superviser. If you are popular with bullies, don't work here.
Pros
Other People were nice to work
Cons
Supervisor was a phony and a smart elec!
Good Company
Daylight Housekeeping supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 28, 2016
St. Moritz was a good company to work for it was the company that took over ABM that wasn't good to work for. They were the reason I left that position.
Lead work site employee
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 20, 2015
I make sure that all janitorial duties are fulfilled, plus any special projects or if any monthly or bimonthly procedures (waxing) are completed. The hardest part of the job is making sure all of the workers are at the work site and completing all of the work whenever workers do not show up. The most enjoyable part of my job is looking at all of my hard work my crew and I have completed and knowing it was a job well done.
Pros
Extra Hours when workers do not show up
Cons
Workers not showing up
Fun workplace positive people
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 5, 2015
I enjoyed the time spent there. I like my shift, every thing I needed was provided for me, and the work detail was challenging and fun.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Worked overnight
Worked as a subcontractor for Bayer Corp
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 24, 2015
Typical work place. I learned how to clean in a sterile environment in a medical manufacturing facility. the Best part of my job was my co workers. The management was fair. The hardest part of my job was the last day. Leaving the job behind.
Cons
St. Moritz lost the contract with Bayer
What a waste of my time
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Rehoboth DelawareAugust 26, 2014
Worked for this company for 7 months. Was told that a reimbursement check for mileage would be given to me by a certain date. Never once did it happen. Cost me so much money to work there.
Cons
No healthcare, poor pay
Do not apply
janitor (Former Employee) –  PittsburghMarch 30, 2014
This company sucks low pay there is nothing enjoyable about it. The management does not know anything. Also it is good for breaking up unions and going into other companies to take over. The pay is below what the average custodians make. And there is no room for advancement at all. They hire anyone yes they do background checks but co-workers are lazy and they only offer part-time. This company would make a good second job but to actual need it to live on no way.
Don't waste your time
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, paDecember 19, 2013
Unless you want to be reprimanded all the time and never be told you did a good job, this is the place for you. Favoritism is a big factor too
Cons
Union, too much favoritism
Nice place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 26, 2013
Usually the day consisted of just doing the job you have been doing for a while unless you are new. If you are new, you find out in which building you will be working and then find out what job you will be doing when you get there.

I learned that the service industry is very under appreciated.

Management I found was competent in most cases and sometimes overly strict to an extent.

My co-workers loved to gossip but it wasn't a distraction really because there wasn't a lot of time to conversate.

The hardest part of the job was the bathrooms. Especially in more public buildings, people didn't care what they did to them.

Was doing the little things that got the most noticed. I liked working for this company
Pros
Pay, benefits, union
Cons
night work
Very easy and simple once u get a routine going.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 20, 2012
It was a very short workday. Their were not many hours but u had enough time to do your workload in the time given
good if you dont want to deal with people
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  canonsburgh paJuly 31, 2012
a typical day would be emptying trash from offices sweeping moping finger printing desks. There really is nothing hard about the job. Your co workers are great to work with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Moritz Building Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9