St. Moritz Security Services, Inc.

St. Moritz Security Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Bad supervisor, non caring company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHJanuary 12, 2018
Company office is literally across the state, they have a bad supervisor running the site who has continually run off employees with harassment and nepotism.
Unbelievable and unprofessional.
Pros
they paid you
Cons
basically everything else
Horrible management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 5, 2017
I worked for the side that handles security for Uber. While Uber was fantastic (3 free catered meals a day, unlimited snacks and drinks, relaxed environment and friendly employees) The management for St Moriz there was HORRIBLE. The co-manager was dating one of the security guards (which is against policy) he always gave her the best posts and shifts. If they didn't like you, they put you in the blazing hot sun in the parking lot, without shade for your full shift (again, against policy) or they would just 'forget' to schedule you. Would never suggest working for them to anyone.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Horrible managment
Lack of commuication
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Washington, PANovember 20, 2017
Was called back to work special sites. Worked 2 weeks haven't heard from anyone since. Also tool them forever to pay me. I have great guard experience and was stuck doing odd guard jobs. Management can't pick up phone and call u
Pros
Cons
Poor management
A big nope
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 13, 2017
Worked for about 4 months not as a guard but more on the dispatcher side. The manager doesn't know what he is doing. He plays favorites. I was told one thing and the complete opposite is what was true. Complains if you aren't working but he is playing games on his computer or looking at houses to buy. He will be nice to your face and say the complete opposite to everyone else. No one knows what their doing but that is cause management doesn't either.
Pros
Free food drinks snacks and parking
Cons
Whole company
Management act like military bullys
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PANovember 3, 2017
I worked for Saint Moritz for about 3 weeks before the second shift supervisor position was forced down my throat. Nonetheless, I took the position with expectations of growth. Sadly, I made a single mistake one night that was far from major and I was walked out the next day. No chances, not even a simple slap-on-the-wrist for such a minuscule mistake and I lost my job. Never have I been fired before from any place... I show up every day, I show up on time, I do as I'm told, and I follow the rules... Unreasonable... it literally takes every fiber of my being not to mention the names of the particular people who caused this to be such an unnecessary situation!
Pros
Pros... met some nice people...
Cons
Management, schedules, forced advancements with little knowledge.
Fellow employees
Security Officer at Sensus Metering (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PANovember 3, 2017
Very nice fellow employees. Hard to get ahold of management. Good hours and decent pay. Hours are sometimes long depending where you work, no more than 12 hours a day though.
plenty of work!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 6, 2017
I worked for them for awhile. it wasn't bad at first, but there was a major turnover, and it all went downhill in my opinion. what the client wanted, the company disagreed. What the company wanted, the client didn't. No win situation.
Pros
plenty of work/hours
Cons
management, money
good work enviroment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Austintown, OHAugust 16, 2017
easy job providing security. most people are polite and easy to deal with. pay isn't the greatest but decent amount of hours. Management is easy to get along with.
depressing sites
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHAugust 11, 2017
i worked in the most depressing GHETTO save a lot grocery store in warren..Nasty customers always beligerant, trying to scam the cashiers or managers..Management had no backbone to correct any issues and then complained my attitude was unacceptable
Pros
non
Cons
non
Ok place to work
Armed Court Bailiff (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 10, 2017
Worked as an armed state court bailiff, job was easy and paid well but the hours fluxuated too much and there were no benefits other than being paid for the actual hours you worked.....local management was great, his boss at regional not so much. Overall a great job if you can afford working 40 hours one week and 20 the next.
Pros
Day shift
Cons
No guarantee of hours
great company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 25, 2017
this is a great company to work for. they are very flexible and throw as much work as you can handle so you never have to worry about lack of work. i loved working for them and currently trying to get my job back with them.
Outstanding Management Team
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJuly 22, 2017
I worked for St. Moritz for a short time. They were contracted to temporarily take over a contract I had already been working. The client site requested I remain at the site and management at St. Moritz was very understanding and accommodating to the site and myself. I would of loved to see St. Moritz get the contract permanently because the management team is so wonderful and it's really hard to find managers that work as hard as they do. It's been a few years now so I hope everything is going great with their business. Whether you are seeking services or employment, I HIGHLY recommend St. Moritz. Thank you for all that you do.
Pros
Management, Work Hours, Compensation, Benefits
Cons
Nearest location is Youngstown-area
fun place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2017
typical day was securing postion, my post, walking, running, bending, reporting, hardest part of job was dealing with erratic and out of control people
Pros
having you own post, being your own Boss
Cons
erratic, out of control people
Lies
Security Guard (Armed) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 27, 2017
Was told I would be an armed guard with an actual schedule. It ends up, I'm an unarmed officer that only covers shifts wherever and whenever. Not sure why they even got my FAB endorsed guard card
Pros
Other guards are great
Cons
Horrible management
Poor work place
Armed Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 21, 2017
Poor work place. The people are lazy. I feel that they really don't care about their employees. Working there was one of the worst experience I've ever had. I had to go above management head to corporate because they block you in a lot of ways in life. This company needs to be closed down or at least the Philadelphia District needs to be done.
pleasant quiet workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJune 19, 2017
A calm site with visitors and meetings a constant. Employees were pleasant and easy to work with. Company was very community minded with constant fund raisers.
Fast paced
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 31, 2017
Always work to be done - and those who take initiative advance.
Lines of communication are open, but must assert oneself to be heard.
..............................
Very impersonal
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 31, 2017
0 tolerance on any infractions during the probationary period. Often implemented procedures that only seemed to add difficulty to their employees routines.
An Alright Job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austintown, OHApril 25, 2017
Easy work, but fluctuates. Need to have good attention to detail and a firm grasp on how to sit idly for hours on end. Some travel required, and need to know how to manage your resources.
Long, boring shifts.
Security Monitor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 23, 2017
A typical day at work is constantly making rounds to be a suspicious activity deterrent and look for suspicious activity. Other duties included round completion reports and detailed reports of any activity. The positon was at a mall complex and rounds were completed inside and outside. While on the outside rounds, vehicle inspections were conducted to search for damages, open doors, etc. I learned this particular was quite boring and monotonous as well. Nothing really enjoyable to write home about. The job itself wasn't difficult, other than being too routine.
Pros
One half-hour break
Cons
No healtcare until reaching full time status, midnight shifts, little to no training in certain situations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Moritz Security Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9