St. Norbert College Employee Reviews in United States

Beautiful campus and nice office spaces with a nice community of people.
Director of Music (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIJune 2, 2016
I would recommend this place of employment with reservations on department supervisors.

I headed a department but never saw a budget report in 2 years.
Management did not work onsite with us and rarely came to meetings.
Original supervisor was hostile.
Pros
Reduce lunches, nice cafe
Cons
Supervisors
Great Learning Experience with Extremely Skilled and Professional Management
Theater Building Technician (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIApril 5, 2016
The St.Norbert Theater provided an excellent balance to provide work experience while completing a degree. Most of the staff was students, leading to some variation in the quality of the work that could be expected. However the management was well aware that theirs was a learning environment and thus were extremely respectful and patient with their workers, and more than capable of stepping up to fill in any gaps. Overall a very positive experience!
Pros
Theater Facility has Amazing Management
Cons
Frequent Calls to Work on Short Notice
Excellent
resident assistant (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIJanuary 25, 2016
It was a great place to work with great people! Very nice location and facilities. I enjoyed my whole time at SNC and would highly recommend.
Amazing place to be
Volunteer Position (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2015
From a student's perspective, St. Norbert College is a great place to be an undergraduate. The staff and faculty will bend over backwards to ensure your needs as a student are met.
Self-sufficient atmosphere, self-direction required
Economics Tutor (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIOctober 22, 2015
As a tutor, you are provided with little information. You are instructed to read a handbook, meet with a director who gives you more reading material, and then you begin to receive students. There is little to no direction given, and the first sessions you must totally wing it. There is no structure, no direction, nor any supervision. They want you to develop students as independent learners, but little direction is given on how to do that. For some, this is a good thing. Independent people can thrive as tutors and construct a system for themselves which serves students best. For more passive individuals, becoming a tutor at SNC could be very overwhelming and frustrating.
Pros
Self-directed environment
Cons
No training provided
Typical St. Norbert College Student Employment but More Interesting
Theater Technician (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WisconsinJune 5, 2015
The work/life balance, compensation / benefits, and job security / advancement of this job is typical college /university student job. That is, there is good work / school balance, minimum wage compensation / no benefits, and decent job security / no advancement available.

The real benefit of this job is gaining hands-on theatre and building management experience. Employment in the theatre field is very different than almost all other types of employment in that the typical workday is almost never similar to the last day of work.
Pros
College Job, Work with Students, Homework during Work
Cons
Minimum Wage, No Advancement
Video Tape and Edit Live Productions
Media Service Senior Coordinator (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIMarch 21, 2015
Lots of fun technological things to do here. Met the actor Monk from a filming in Green Bay! Few hours to work but and important place on campus.
Caring workplace
Director of Language Services & Community Outreach (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIJanuary 15, 2015
I've very much enjoyed my job because everyday is different. I have the opportunity to work with many different populations: students, instructors, the greater DePere/Green Bay community and other SNC departments. It has been especially rewarding to work in an environment where my creativity and organizational skills are valued.
Fun environment working with students and staff
Communications & Loft Coordinator (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIMay 1, 2014
Working at St. Norbert has taught me almost as much as any of the Professors. Not only have I gained valuable work and leadership experience, but I have been able to work in an environment where true professionalism goes hand in hand with friendship and comradery.
Pros
community oriented, work around my class schedule, great leadership opportunity
Lives by its Mission
Operations and Event Manager (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIFebruary 25, 2014
St. Norbert College is a comfortable and empowering place to be employed. We work in accordance to the mission of the college, especially in my department (Catering and Conferencing) in regards to Radical Hospitality. It is very easy to get to know people around campus and most are very welcoming. It is a beautiful campus and the students are very passionate about creating change.
Pros
president knows everyone by their first name
Cons
pay could be better
Fun place to work
Student Coordinator, Office of Admission (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIJanuary 10, 2014
Had a lot of fun meeting new people while giving tours and showing them what SNC is all about. Gain valuable life skills
Productive workplace, very helpful for students
Box Office Teller (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIMay 10, 2013
Great job to have during the academic year. The shifts tended to consist of assisting customers over the phone and placing ticket orders on the computer, as well as other clerical duties.
Wonderful School
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIMay 3, 2013
I made many life-long friends through my experiences at SNC.
Great college job
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIOctober 1, 2012
Serving as a tour guide for St. Norbert College was an absolute blast. I have nothing but positive things to say about the college, staff, and atmosphere. I loved sharing my experience with prospective students.
St. Norbert College
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIApril 17, 2012
Great place to work while you are a student there. There are plenty of opportunities to make money while you attend classes.

4.4