St. Olaf College Employee Reviews

Formed great relationships and had the ability to grow as an individual.
Student Hall Coordinator (Current Employee), Northfield, MNApril 15, 2015
Pros: Worked with a great group of people!
Cons: Sometimes the work was not spread out as well as it could have been.
There were many different facets to the job, ranging from administrative tasks to interpersonal skills between coworkers and residents.
Besides the day to day tasks of filling out reports and talking with residents, there were also monthly and weekly meetings that were conducted in order to review training materials and prepare for upcoming events.
Great working environment.
Women's Assistant Golf Coach (Former Employee), Northfield MNSeptember 18, 2014
Great environment to teach college players about the game of golf and educating them to individually improve their game. Most days consisted of 2-3 hour practices with weekend meets from August until October, and February until May.
Lots of Variety
Tour Guide (Current Employee), Northfield, MNMay 25, 2014
There is a wide variety of jobs for students at St. Olaf College.
Awesome Management and team
Cashier College Bookstore (Former Employee), Northfield, MNNovember 15, 2013
Cashier duties, great co workers and awesome environment. Performed everyday responsibilities as a cashier, handled cash, checks, and gift cards. Made sure the floor was organized and clean.
Communal environment with ability for growth
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Northfield, MNJuly 5, 2013
Pros: i was able to spend time expanding my skills, pay was nice, environment was very enjoyable.
Cons: some office politics that resulted in my not jumping at an opportunity to stay at my position.
My time there was spent working with the science departments, helping them with any IT hardware or software they might need, and working with them on their projects. When not doing that, I was improving the infrastructure of our servers, working with MS Active Directory changing group policies, creating and modifying user accounts, and making sure everything ran smoothly. I also worked with my coworkers on IT projects around campus. Management was professional and enjoyably casual, focusing on how we can better help our departments. I was able to mesh with most of my coworkers immediately, making my job and life much easier. The coworkers I didn't get along with were either avoided or worked with as efficiently as possible. The hardest part was trying to prove my abilities to our senior staff, as they were very set in any assumptions they made. The most enjoyable was working with professors and researchers as I was able to help them do their work while learning about their research.
It was a work environment that provided continuing learning.
Professor's Assistant (Former Employee), Political Science DepartmentJune 10, 2013
Pros: academic environment
Cons: unpaid
Provided instructional support and research assistance for senior seminar students on a consistent basis. Help students to perform observational community-based research and compile data to determine levels of immigrant involvement in community services and activities.
Fosters great employee growth
Investments Intern (Former Employee), Northfield, MNDecember 7, 2012
Great company with values that it holds true to its core. I was able to take a lot out of my internship and add value to the college simultaneously.
Great environment for a student workder
Music Library Receptionist (Former Employee), Northfield, MNJune 6, 2012
Pros: great community of people, relaxed atmosphere
Cons: sometimes had long hours, uncomfortable stool used for the front desk
As a Music Library Receptionist, I checked materials in and out of the library for use by students, professors, and people from the local community. I also cataloged all of the materials currently in the Music Library's system and created an excel spreadsheet for all donated materials that were given to St. Olaf.

My co-workers were fellow students, so they were always helpful and nice to work with. The management was just as pleasant to work with. Despite only working in the Library for a little over a year, I created strong bonds with the Head Librarian and the other Library Associates.

The hardest part of the job was working for more than two hours at a time because I would always force myself to work on homework while sitting at the desk. Sometimes I would run out of work to do and would become bored. Besides these few moments of boredom, the Music Library was such a fun environment to work in. Not only were the people that studied there boisterous and interesting, but I knew many of them. So I rarely had a boring day while at work.