St. Olaf College Employee Reviews

Organized office space with 4-8 people working at a time
Student Development Officer (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNApril 17, 2017
Great fun space, calling alumni for a total time of 3 hours for each shift. Food and drinks always available, Conversations are fun and interesting. Good people too.
Student work job
Office Worker, Alumni and Parent Relations (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNApril 6, 2017
I worked for this organization while attending college and always had enough work. The organization did a great job accommodating my school schedule and allowed me to work as much or as little as I desired. The fellow employees were great to work with as they truly cared about each person working for them.
good place to work
Library Circulation Worker (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNApril 2, 2017
Staff are friendly and work with you. There is some office politics but the atmosphere is exciting and full of life. Students are smart and engaged. The building is also beautiful.
Liberal Arts College with a supportive staff and faculty.
Administrative Assistant, Exercise Science (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNJanuary 30, 2017
Students that enroll at St. Olaf College are sure to receive a high academic course load. The study abroad program is excellent and a fantastic experience for the students.
Very Good Step-by-Step Instruction
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNJanuary 4, 2017
This was actually not a job, it was a class offered at St. Olaf College. Nevertheless, it was a fun experience and I learned a lot from it.
Proud institution of higher learning
Recreation, Exercise Science, Athletics Employee (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNDecember 14, 2016
Culture of company is a little passive-aggressive.
Generally friendly work force. Non-faculty employees are fantastic.
Beautiful work setting - you will never grow tired of the views driving onto campus.
Usually offer an increase in compensation with each year of service.
Type of place that you can get comfortable - if you don't screw up, you can work there for a long time.
Productive and educative work place
Public Safety Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNSeptember 28, 2016
A typical day at my work place is mainly characterized by enthusiastic personal interactions with customers and co-workers. Self driven and highly motivated
Pros
Good working team
Cons
Heavy schedule
School with great professors and great friends
History Department Student Worker, Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNAugust 30, 2016
St. Olaf College was a great place. I was given the opportunity to learn from some of the best professors and make great friendships. I was lucky enough to study abroad twice and I learned a lot from those experiences. I am excited to take what I learned at St. Olaf and apply it to the workplace.
Please ignore this summary
Student Government Senator (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNAugust 26, 2016
As a student, I was challenged every day by my peers and professors in a rigorous academic environment which helped me develop some of the essential skills I possess today.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Too cold
Great job satisfaction and client relationships
Writing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNJune 14, 2016
Working with clients is incredibly rewarding and teaches you a lot. There's a great community with other workers, though the feedback mechanisms with the administration are somewhat inadequate.
Pros
Great Clients
Cons
Poor Feedback mechanisms.
Job Satisfaction
Writing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MN 55057June 12, 2016
Flexible hours, with great clients and Job Satisfaction. It's a supportive community of co-workers despite the inconvenient infrastructure.
Pros
Great Clients
Cons
Insufficient feedback mechanisms.
Loved working with the students.
Academic Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNJune 6, 2016
I enjoyed working with the students on a daily basis. I felt blessed to be a part of their lives however so small.
The job I held would not allow for any advancement, rewards, or cost of living pay raises.
My job became the work of two people with no effort to reduce the demands on me. Adding more work to my job description as an Academic Administrative Assistant was done without discussion, without compensation and without assistance. My days during certain times of the year turned into nine to ten hour days, and I had to hide the fact that I was working from home, as they did not want to hear that, even though they knew I had to do this. I would respond to students, and faculty often during the evenings and weekends without pay. Lunch breaks could only be accomplished if I left the building, or they would find me and instruct me on more work to do, So I just stopped taking them.
I did learn a great deal during my time at the college, but have lost much of my health do to the stress and demands of this position.
Pros
Being a part of the students success and having them give me hugs at the end of the year.
Cons
Work load was so demanding it took a toll on my health.
Very good
Skoglund Gym Center Desk Worker (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNFebruary 5, 2016
St. Olaf College is an excellent school. It facilitates an excellent learning culture and gives a proper balance to work and life.
Cons
Higher learning institution-opportunities provided for student work
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNDecember 29, 2015
St. Olaf College provides students with many opportunities to work on-campus in a variety of different departments. Work environment was always fun and upbeat, and employers and supervisors were always helpful and available.
Rewarding Experience
Residence Life - Hall Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNAugust 20, 2015
The experiences I've acquired at St. Olaf College put me in the position to interact with and learn from people from a diverse set of backgrounds. I've been able to better equip myself with the skills to communicate and carry out tasks. the opportunities here, have also given me the opportunity and joy to work in teams and as a leader.
Formed great relationships and had the ability to grow as an individual.
Student Hall Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNApril 15, 2015
There were many different facets to the job, ranging from administrative tasks to interpersonal skills between coworkers and residents.
Besides the day to day tasks of filling out reports and talking with residents, there were also monthly and weekly meetings that were conducted in order to review training materials and prepare for upcoming events.
Pros
Worked with a great group of people!
Cons
Sometimes the work was not spread out as well as it could have been.
Great working environment.
Women's Assistant Golf Coach (Former Employee) –  Northfield MNSeptember 18, 2014
Great environment to teach college players about the game of golf and educating them to individually improve their game. Most days consisted of 2-3 hour practices with weekend meets from August until October, and February until May.
Lots of Variety
Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNMay 25, 2014
There is a wide variety of jobs for students at St. Olaf College.
Awesome Management and team
Cashier College Bookstore (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNNovember 15, 2013
Cashier duties, great co workers and awesome environment. Performed everyday responsibilities as a cashier, handled cash, checks, and gift cards. Made sure the floor was organized and clean.
Communal environment with ability for growth
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNJuly 5, 2013
My time there was spent working with the science departments, helping them with any IT hardware or software they might need, and working with them on their projects. When not doing that, I was improving the infrastructure of our servers, working with MS Active Directory changing group policies, creating and modifying user accounts, and making sure everything ran smoothly. I also worked with my coworkers on IT projects around campus. Management was professional and enjoyably casual, focusing on how we can better help our departments. I was able to mesh with most of my coworkers immediately, making my job and life much easier. The coworkers I didn't get along with were either avoided or worked with as efficiently as possible. The hardest part was trying to prove my abilities to our senior staff, as they were very set in any assumptions they made. The most enjoyable was working with professors and researchers as I was able to help them do their work while learning about their research.
Pros
I was able to spend time expanding my skills, pay was nice, environment was very enjoyable.
Cons
Some office politics that resulted in my not jumping at an opportunity to stay at my position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Olaf College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4