St. Patrick Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Workplace culture
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 13, 2017
Working at SPC is an overall good decent place to work. I loved the location and secured parking. I like the friendliness of the staff. I really enjoy the staff day away that the company have annually.
Pros
Servicing the homeless veterans.
Cons
no over time
Change people life
Janitor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 21, 2016
St Patrick has help me stay focus on life and to build a life for myself and to keep focus on the daily life's of other and myself
I spent a year as an AMERICORP VISTA volunteer at St. Patrick Center.
Americorp VISTA (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 8, 2015
St. Patrick Center was a great place to work. It is the largest provider of services to the homeless community in the Midwest. I was a project coordinator for a new program called the BEGIN New Venture Center. This was a small business incubator that provided services to low income individuals to assist them in starting their own business.
Pros
I learned a lot about starting a small business. My co workers were great.
Cons
It only lasted for 1 year.
The staff is awesome
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 2, 2015
This a great non-profit with a lot of different programs to serve the homeless and impoverished. The staff is very friendly and the job is very rewarding.
Servicing client's lease.
Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 24, 2013
My typical day at work is making appointments to renew, relocate or move-in clients into rental property of their chose. Talking and mailing information to present, past and potential landlords in regards to client's rent and lease terms. Documenting information into the computer and working with Outlook. Conducting home visits and home inspections.

At first, I knew nothing about the program I work for. After working a month, both (one being the coordinator) of the employees working with me quit. Within that month's time period, I learned enough to work independently and train the new employees, including the coordiantor. I learned the importance of team work.

I enjoy working with my co-workers, especially my past supervisor. The manager of the program gives goody bags for each holiday to all the staff in the department and have monthly birthday celebrations. I learned to work with clients that have varies disabilities and needs.

It is gratifying housing clients that have been homeless, and learning new information regularly.

I have not had a coodinator that is willing to learn as much as possible about the program and show leadership skills that would lead the program into success.
Pros
the knowledge i continue to learn about the program i work for.
Cons
knowing more about the program than my coordinator.
caring agency for clients
Case Manager/Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 23, 2012
very busy 10 hour days. learn teaching life skills management great, co worker love to working with them professional ever since of the worddealing with paper work seeing a client reach goals
Pros
fast pace
Cons
going thru other government agency to help the clients
Largest Provider of Homeless Services in Missouri
Support Services (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 12, 2012
What I learned, Compassion

Hardest part of the job, Having to say No when Client does not meet all the Requirements for the Program they want

Most enjoyable part of the job, Watching Clients get thier Lives Back