ST. PAUL PUBLIC SCHOOLS

ST. PAUL PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

the joy of teaching ones who want and dont want to be taught
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 11, 2015
I will miss sitting down at a table with 5 or six kids teaching them how to network on projects and to multitask by helping 1 or 2 kids with geography, 2 or 3 with Mathematics, and 1 or 2 other student with class projects. never a dull day and Im defiantly smarter then a 6th grader (their is a lot of information that we as people learned in elementary but have lost after lack of daily practice)
Occupational Therapist - Full Time (Current Employee), St. Paul, MNOctober 9, 2014
Cons: re-licensing costs are not covered by spps
SPPS is a great place to work and they offer great health care and other benefits that are very low cost and sometimes paid for for you.

Started my sixth year there this September.

Work in B-3 program....love doing the home visiting as job is pretty flexible and you make your own schedule.

Free CEU's offered through SPPS, training provided by district. Not specifically OT related but many are relevant to my job. We pay out of our own pocket for other OT related CEU's.
not a good place to work
Basketball Coach (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 10, 2014
not the best company to work for. a lot of the staff were rude and did not care to much for the employees.
It's a great place to work.
Receptionist / Attendance Clerk (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJuly 20, 2014
A typical day at work included greeting children and parents, gathering attendance from teachers, data entry, calling parents and interaction with teachers and principal. The principal was often busy but very friendly. I learned the program Campus. Co-workers were great to work with very friendly. Hardest part of the job was the commute across town during a very difficult winter. I really enjoyed interacting with the people there.
Rewarding to teach inner-city children and youth
Educator (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 23, 2014
Position requires a wide educational base of all subjects and a variety of creative learning strategies.
Fun place to work.
Teacher's Asst (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 16, 2014
Pros: great hours.
Cons: emotionally draining.
A typical day involved providing one on one help to special needs children in grades K-6.

The hardest part on this job is knowing how hard each student's personal life is and not being able to do anything about it.

The most enjoyable and satisfying part of the job was being able to bond with children and creating a safe environment for them to learn.
great place to work
Teachers Aide (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 4, 2013
enjoyed the job until I found something more of what i wanted.
great
Nutrition Service Attendant (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 2, 2013
great environment.....................................................................................................................
Long term sub and general subbing
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), St. Paul, MNAugust 23, 2012
I was able to experience working with many different people and experiences from Pre K-12th grade.

About ST. PAUL PUBLIC SCHOOLS

The Saint Paul Public Schools offer a world of opportunities for a multicultural population of more than 41,000 students from – Read more