St. Peter's Health Partners Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
SPARC Clinics
Clinical (Current Employee) –  Capitol DistrictDecember 2, 2017
Senior Management is visionless and indifferent and obscenely overpaid considering what they pay staff. Counselors w/Masters Degrees & $80k student debt being paid $16/hour to provide life-saving care to your family members, your children. The pressure to complete paperwork on time and process patients are enormous and emotionally overwhelming for the young staff. The focus is on making money for the organization through intake assessments. Assessments bring in a lot of money as do the drug screens, which are sent to none other than St. Peter's own laboratory. SPARC hires recent college graduates, who stick around just long enough to earn hours for licenses and credentials then leave for much better paying jobs at other area agencies.They rely on interns to run groups. SPARC does nothing to recruit and keep qualified counselors (literally, nothing!). Many of the counselors are trainees. The clinics are woefully understaffed as a result of management's unwillingness to pay a fair wage to keep good counselors.Turnover is very high, especially the inpatient rehab. Morale very low. All of this negatively impacts patient care. The counselors are well-meaning and desire to help. The agency capitalizes on the enthusiasm of young, new clinicians and burns them out faster than anything you've ever seen. The only perk is, because they are a hospital system, they can provide a good health plan. An attempt to form a union was successfully thwarted by SPHP Management to keep wages low. Truly, these people ought to be ashamed of themselves for how much they pay their counselors and what they  more... demand from them. Ultimately, SPARC is a money mill for St. Peter's Health Partners and that is all that matters to them.  less
Pros
Good healthcare
Cons
Low wages, high turnover, burnout
Poor management
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 25, 2017
Hard to get time off
Laziness rampant with team leaders
Poor quality work
Managers afraid to talk to employees who don’t perform up to expectations
Hire people with no experience and make poor attempts to train them
Pros
Patients are very nice, most coworkers are very nice
Cons
Management, processes for time off
Health care is tough enough to work in without having to deal with poor management
RN (Former Employee) –  Eddy heritage houseAugust 20, 2017
They hire their friends and then sell you down the river
Management is poor
I actually worked there before it became St Peter's Health Partners. But the same management is there.
Rude and unprofessional.
Pros
I would rate 0 if I could
Cons
Poor management
Loved working for St Peter's Sleep Center, I wish I never moved
Respiratory Therapist & Polysomnography Tech (Former Employee) –  St Peter's Sleep Center, Albany, NYAugust 4, 2017
St Peter's Hospital( Sleep Center ), is where I started my career as a Polysomnography tech. It was the best move I did. The sleep center is they best sleep center to work for, all the staff came from different walks of life, creating a unique work environment. I worked there for 13 great years, management ( Paula Raymond ) is a great manager, fair, understanding, always goes above and beyond for her team. The sleep center is truly blessed to have her. If it wasn't for my family, I would still be working at the sleep center. I recently left NY and moved to Ohio to be closer to family, it's been a month since I left and I truly miss my St. Peter's family. To who ever takes my position at the sleep center, you are lucky to be working with my family, please take care of them the same way I did. Awad M. 8/4/2017
Terrible
Aide (Former Employee) –  Guilderland, NYJune 6, 2017
Was not a comfortable place to work. Everyone whispers and nurses and management do not help or inform you of anything that's going on. The pay isn't enough for how much work we have to do.
Very good learning environment
Client Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Albany nyMarch 7, 2017
No advancement education time is lacking overall people are goo. Hr has no proper scale to know what they should be paying support staff. Advancement is non existent
Pros
Good place to start a career
Cons
Bad place to stay for a career
Avoid the EVNA
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYOctober 20, 2016
Understaffed, non-existent raises, weekend and summer vacation/holiday rules. Nurses with seniority are first in line for everything. CEO gets huge bonus which does not trickle down to the staff. Most managers sit in the office with no clue of how hard the nursing team works and rarely offer to help in the field. Go elsewhere to work.
Pros
Flexibility during your day
Cons
HORRIBLE pay/raises.
Great experience
Per diem Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 19, 2016
-A typical day at work would be drawing patients in the hospital and outpatient facilities. Patients varied between 10-40 each morning. Afternoons would be patient registration, receiving and entering blood samples from in-patients and outpatient facilities.
-I learned to multi-task and be able to learn tasks quickly and efficiently without making many errors. I also learned to be highly aware of my tasks at hand and to be professional.
-Management was at most times supportive and trained well. Even when many days were very busy and chaotic, they kept their professionalism and were very patient with their employees and our facilities.
-My coworkers were very reliable and hardworking. The ones I worked with on a daily basis showed to be team players.
-The hardest part of the job was doing many tasks, efficiently in a specific time frame.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with patients first hand.
Pros
one-on-one patient experience
Cons
high-stress
St. Peter's Health Partners is like any other organization.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYJune 20, 2016
Working for St. Peter's Health Partners, like any other large organization, has its pro's and con's. As an employee who was signed into St. Peter's from a private practice, it has been a pure roller coaster. Job titles are changing, tasks are changing, and management is so secretive about the changes until it appears in front of us.
Intern for half a year
Web Services Internship (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 1, 2016
I had a good time here the work environment its a little split as I'm sure it is in most places. Over all I leaned a lot and I thought they were good about including me in projects.
St. Peters
RN (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 11, 2016
Decent place to work with good benefits. Overall, would recommend this location to RN in the area. Not too many advancement opportunities into leadership.
Poor work environment
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 9, 2016
A poorly managed work force. Terrible to staff. Lots of turnover, including every senior management position in the last year!
Pros
None other than you have a job, and they make sure you know it
Cons
Just a poor place to work
Very supportive management staff
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Typing from home.November 6, 2015
As an independent contractor, I worked from home. I had a terrific support staff in my supervisor, the department manager, and any of the in-house transcriptionists.
Pros
Freedom to choose my own work hours and be allowed to do my job without being micro-managed.
Cons
Being independent, there was no compensation other than money, no paid time off, no benefits.
St Peter's Health Partners was a very nice place to work. co workers were very friendly as well as management
Medical Records Clerk, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  2 Empire Drive, Ste 100, Rensselaer, NYAugust 20, 2015
My position at St Peter's Health Partners was very convenient for me. It was eight minutes from my house. I love paper work, and had plenty of it to keep my busy. For 9 years, I was a Medical Records Clerk and enjoyed it very much.
My duties included putting medical reports in patient charts and filing the charts away. When paper records were no longer the norm and electronic records were mandated, I was placed up in front of the practice in reception where I answered phones, and checked in patients. I also tasked nurses questions or messages from patients on the phone which was rewarding. I had to determine what patients needed attention immediately and what patients could wait a bit for their answers.
I liked this very much, but honestly preferred the paper records better. My co workers helped get the job done as well and were team players. If an employee needed help, it was always there.
I would say, the hardest part of my job, was when I had to ask for help. I like being able to solve problems myself.
Pros
When we had free lunches or our Christmas party, this was very nice.
Cons
Hard to take breaks, big hill to get up in the Winter, our pure water container was taken away because children were abusing it, I would have liked to make a bit more money.
wonderful place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Guilderland, NYJuly 23, 2015
Working with the patients was a rewarding experience for me on a daily basis. I left work with a smile, knowing that I helped people. My coworkers were like family. I enjoyed working with every single one of them.
Learning experience everyday
Claims Representative II (Current Employee) –  Troy, New yorkJuly 14, 2015
You are able to learn and advance in every area of the health field. It has been very rewarding the last four years I have been with this company.
Pros
Education
great
INTERNSHIP (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYNovember 8, 2014
great internship, hope i can get called back for job. not a employee at this job. but the envirmoent is great
Rewarding
Assistant Supervisor Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 2, 2014
- Reviews workload distribution and adjusts scheduled staff to workload, therefore minimizing patient delays upon presentation.
- Conducting registration interviews with patient or patient representative in a HIPPA-compliant format.
- Ensuring that insurance is verified by registration staff for date of service.
- Monitoring cashier functions as to adherence to hospital's security and internal cash control policies and procedures.
- Assists with the training of new employees and incumbents relative to Patient Access Departmental policies and procedures required for reimbursement.
- Overseeing time of service copay collections.
- Assisting the department supervisor in hiring, firing and disciplining registration staff in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Assisting in the evaluation process.
- Conducting periodic quality audits, via sampling of registrations to ensure data integrity.
- Working collaboratively to resolve operational issues with patients, physicians, patient care staff, ancillary departments and patient financial services.
- Disseminating information to staff regarding changes in rules, regulations and departmental policies and procedures.
Pros
Great camaraderie, fast pass environment
Cons
short breaks, shift work
Productive work place where I can learn and grow with the company.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 12, 2014
I feel my co-workers are easy to work with. I look forward to starting my career in the Healthcare Industry with St. Peter's Health Partners.
Pros
Ability to meet new people and make friends.
Cons
Night shift
Steady job with many chances to obtain hours
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYFebruary 5, 2014
I thoroughly enjoy working at St. Mary's Hospital. My coworkers are all hard working and my bosses and pharmacists are incredible to work for.