St. Peter's Hospital Employee Reviews

Great place to learn new skills in your respective field
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 1, 2016
The emergency room is constantly filled with life, it's a very hustle and bustle environment. There is always something new to see and for the most part you are surrounded by a very good team that is motivated to get the job done. Short staffing can be an issue depending on your position in the ER.
Very community based workplace with lots of fun events.
Medical Records Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 29, 2016
When we arrived to work, there were lots of medical charts to file, so we always did this first, while answering phones and doing some light typing and data entry. One of the most enjoyable parts of this job was meeting lots of different people. Everyone was easy to work with, friendly, and helpful. The management staff were always there to offer new and exciting opportunities within the hospital or community. Something was always going on, and it was never dull!
Pros
There were lots of culturally diverse people.
Great Place to Work
Transportation Aide (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 7, 2016
I enjoy the every day life of a transportation Aide. The only negative I can even think of is the amount of walking. However if you don't mind walking 4 miles a day then the job is perfect for you.
Respectful, friendly environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 7, 2016
I learned everything I know about being a Patient Care Technician from working at St. Peter's Hospital. They provided detailed on-the-job training. A typical day would consist of getting report on your patients from previous Techs and Nurses, introducing yourself to all of your patients, efficiently answering call lights, completing hourly rounding, taking vitals, checking glucose levels, emptying drains, marking chest tubes, data entry and giving report at the end of your shift. The staff at St. Peter's is team oriented, creating a safe environment with high quality care for the patients and workers. The hardest part of the job is that it is very physically demanding for long hours. The most enjoyable aspect of the job, is that it is rewarding to make patients feel pleased and comfortable during their time spent in the hospital.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Short breaks
st peter is a good job butwould like to better my self
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAAugust 5, 2016
I have learned a lots a good place to work I would like to move on to a bigger and better job and get away from sick peoples of stuff
I am would like to continue on learning more things
Pros
they give aversery card like fee lunches
Cons
having to go into islation rooms
low wages
Patient Companion (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 3, 2016
the pay is extremely low but the health care benefits are decent. there is always overtime so that's a plus. after six months you can transfer to another department
Ok
Courier specialist / Activity Companion (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 28, 2016
Good Job! lousy management, the associates were nice and fun to be around. meeting new people was always a plus, it definitely made the day go by fast. driving newer model company cars was also nice and the health benefits were good.
Pros
Benefits, Company car and meeting new people
St peters
Cook Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 12, 2016
St peters is a great place to work. Has awesome benifits and great food. everybody is very friendly and respectful and will help u out in any way possible
Decent job but PCTs are overworked.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 8, 2016
Depending on what unit you work on you may be overworked and constantly on your feet for your entire shift. Higher up healthcare providers often see you as ants. However they did provide me with plenty of opportunities to learn from my coworkers.
good job
Registered Nurse surgical unit (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTJuly 1, 2016
already filled one out for st. petes. This was a fun first job, but I couldn't cope with working FT nights. It was just too hard on my body.
Assisting patients with everyday activities
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 7, 2016
A typical day at work consist of caring for patients and helping them with daily actvities. I do this by helping them bath, changing their beds, monitoring vitals, and taking them on daily walks. Also I assist physical therapist with improving the patients after their surgery.
Productive workplace and good co-workers
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 17, 2015
Good employer
Good hours and benefits
Good Training
Learned good housekeeping skills
Management was fair
Hardest part of the job was leaving
Pros
good working conditions
Call Center Agent
Room Service Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 16, 2015
I love my job as a Call Center Agent. Nutrition is my passion and helping patients order and become healthy through food makes me very happy. However, my coworkers are not ideal and I would like a more professional job.
Competitive place to work
Secretary/MSPCT/Monitor Tech/Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 10, 2015
There was always room for learning and improvement. The management was always willing for the staff to learn new things.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Patients in critical care passing
great place to gain clinical experience
Social Worker, Women and Children's Unit (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 2, 2015
Because this hospital is in a small town, there is room for community base care and inpatient. there is opportunity to cover multiple units and provide clinical care in multiple settings.
Pros
great learning
Cons
red tape
Excellent Community with a Community Hospital with Great Potential
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTOctober 29, 2015
Highly competent Medical Staff
Great Nursing staff
primary care strategy needs to be improved
Excellent Behavioral Health Unit
Pros
Cons
Lack of Strategic Vision
Training Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTSeptember 14, 2015
At St. Peter's Hospital I was not able to use my abilities and education as I was unaccustomed to being micro-managed. I felt as though my skills and 14 previous years of experience were not as utilized as well as they could have been.

Conversely, I enjoyed the work, the opportunities, the challenges, my work environment, all the managers and staff with whom I came into contact.
Pros
Work environment, staff, directors, co-workers, instructors
Cons
direct supervisor
fast paced
Personal Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 3, 2015
some of the patient care was ok but its not worth the pay. not being paid enough to save peoples lives. fast paced and days would go by quick but it was mostly a head ache at best.
Pros
not any
Cons
too much to list
good team work, pleasant environment, choice in overtime.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Guilderland, NYJuly 23, 2015
I enjoyed working on the medical rehabilitation floor. I was on the medication safety committee. I experienced different wound treatments. I did charge on the floor frequently.
Pros
Recievied breaks
Cons
low pay
Great opportunity with exceptional people
ADMISSIONS REP (Former Employee) –  ADMISSIONS DEPTJuly 22, 2015
A typical workday would begin exciting as usual, since I worked the emergency room as usual, we always had a bunch of characters coming in with whatever lastnights issues were, being as it may a fight, a fall, an accident etc.. We had to make sure that the patient was comfortable and also that the insurance company was billed the right way this way the patient wasnt looking at an incredible bill once they left the hospital, my co-workers and myself took the time out and went out of our way to make patients know that they were in good hands
Pros
GOOD SALARY, EXPERIENCE, MEET NEW PEOPLE
Cons
LONG HOURS, OVERWHELMING

St. Peter's Hospital Reviews by Location