St. Peter's Hospital Employee Reviews

Hospital worried about profits, not patients or employees
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Helena, MT 59601September 12, 2017
This hospital is not a place highly recommended to work. They do not treat their employees well, the pay is sub-par from nurses to janitorial, the hours are not set and are grossly over what they should be, not all supervisors have certification in their jobs and are tyrants over their employees
Stressful with doctors charts and check ins
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Helena, MT 59601August 16, 2017
Receive patients at time of check in and prepare charts for doctors. Verify insurance and schedule appointments.

I learned a complicated medical software program.

The workplace culture was always friendly and enjoyable

The software was the hardest part of the job.

The patients were the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management was sometimes difficult to talk with
A typical day at work
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTAugust 16, 2017
During my employment with St. Peters Hospital my typical day was as follows: I was the first contact person when a patient would come into our offices. I would register that patient so that the doctor would be able to see them. I would balance a copay box, file medical records into appropriate patient files, I would answer a multiline phone, I would schedule patients for follow up appointment and anything else that the doctors deemed necessary.
Mission is to help people, mission done well
Registration Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 12, 2017
I've worked for my last employer for ten (10) years. Their mission statement was to show compassion towards their patients, which I loved about the organization. I would be one of the first face a patient will see coming in for their Pre-Admit appointments, some would be very nervous about their up-coming surgery and I would put them at ease with my humor.

Working in the inner city clinic was most rewarding, I've learned that showing "compassion" is the key, and treating people with respect goes a long way and will never be forgotten.

Workplace culture, can be describe by their Core Values of the organization: Reverence, Community to those who are poor, Justice, Stewardship and Integrity.

The hardest part of my job was not being able to schedule an appointment for a child who is running a fever and the most enjoyable was seeing a child running to pick out a sticker after their appointment.

We had staff meeting every month to go over issues and concerns, some were addressed and some were not, since our department worked as a team, we found ways to address some of the concerns and implement them.
Pros
Gym on the premise, discount on bus passes
Cons
Lunch break only half hour
Good company
Work as Personal Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 12, 2017
Personally, I cannot complain about st peters. A good company with good staff and management. I have worked 6 years for St Peters Health Partners. Good management and support
this was a great job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 29, 2017
I really like this job. I learned so much while working here. It was a different atmosphere, other than then retail. The people here were great to work with and a pleasure.
Cons
moved out of state
Learning Experience
RN Clinic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Helena, MT 59602June 18, 2017
Clinic is not unionized, but hospital nurses are. Opportunity to learn different styles of nursing and ability to move around based on positions. Continuing education on individual basis.
Great learning place for a new nurse
Registered Nurse - Medical/Surgical (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 14, 2017
As a new graduate, I learned many things throughout my first year. I was able to improve in my critical thinking skills and time management. I've grown to be confident in my profession and aspire to do more.
Cons
short breaks, burnout
robotic
Lab Asst (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 6, 2017
Management not for the employees. No room for advancement,some supervisors do not play by the rules, play by favorites. Departments pitted against one another no team players, everybody for self.
Cons
My dept no room for advancement
Changes to my direct supervisor facilitated my resignation.
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Helena, MT 59601May 22, 2017
I was hired to support the VP of Nursing and also the VP of Ancillary Services. I worked diligently to build professional and trusting relationships with all department directors throughout our facility.
Shortly following my 1 year anniversary I was notified that I would be directly reporting to the Exec Assist to the CEO.

It seemed as if my Executive Assistant job description changed dramatically to being a receptionist, which was not the job i had applied for / been hired for. I have never had issues working with anyone however I was unwilling to be so miserable at work.
Pros
Patient care and all department directors are excellent.
Cons
Felt as if had been demoted and was unable to work with new supervisor.
Fast paced adventurous
Medical Imaging Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 13, 2017
Night shift is a whole different ball game at the hospital. It tends to be very busy. You meet so many people from different backgrounds. Hear interesting stories. Sad part is loosing a patient.
Pros
full time with awesome hours
Cons
loosing a patient
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  ICUMay 9, 2017
Main ICU is very well equipped. However, some not all providers talked down to their nurses. Some are very immature. Your patient assignments may be switched mid-shift which can be a problem.
Scheduling is favoritism based. We are still paper charting. You have been warned.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Excellent equipment, Smart doctors.
Cons
Poor scheduling, Blunt provider, Nurse manager, Turnover
Transportation Aide (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 8, 2017
A typical day would be us getting jobs to transport people to exams and back, up and down ramps, and discharges. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting paid and leaving.
Cons
short breaks
Great job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJApril 10, 2017
In the morning i would sometimes prepared trays, sometimes serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Delivered snacks. Take trays to patients, pick up trays off the assigned floors.
Pros
Was easy to get along with co workers also being able to work lots and lots of hours
Cons
Per diem job no benefits
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTApril 2, 2017
Loved this job, miss it honestly, I worked nights and my coworkers were amazing. Management was okay but thats probably because I felt personally like they didnt like me. Great team though!
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
managment playing favorites
Direct patient care.
Technical Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 28, 2017
Helped to assist patients with they're activities of daily living and to regain their strength. Offered emotional, physical and medical assistance. Worked with a well unified staff.
medical secretary/scheduler/registration
Surgical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 27, 2017
St Peters is a nice place to work plus has excellent benefits.
It was very enjoyable to work with coworkers plus other employees in other departments
Pros
family practice
Cons
hard to get time off
Very caring organization
Utilization Management RN (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 27, 2017
Management tends to be supportive of nurses achieving a balance between home and work. It's a very friendly and diverse workplace. The hardest part of the job is understanding how each department contributes to the overall goals and efficient running of the hospital. The most enjoyable part of the job is the shared joy and frustrations among co-workers to truly provide the best possible care to our patients and improve our craft as nurses.
Pros
Patient centered environment
Cons
Lower pay in the region, expensive healthcare insurance
Experience in one Department
Medical Imaging Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 21, 2017
I liked working for this hospital. I learned everything from my experience with the hospital being there over ten years. I am very happy that i chose to work for this facility.
Pros
Time off
Cons
hard to advance
Great Hospital, #1 in the region
Cardiac/Telemetry Nurse (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 16, 2017
Worked on a Cardiac unit, general patient load was 4 to 6 patients on the day shift and 8 to 10 on the evening shift. Staff were friendly and very knowledgible. We were considered a top hospital in the country
Pros
great work experience
Cons
often short on staff