St. Peter's Hospital

St. Peter's Hospital Employer Reviews

I got avery good experience.
Patient Care Associate (PCA) (Current Employee), Albany, NYDecember 13, 2013
I am working monday-friday (11pm-7am) in the surgical unit ,I could learn the routines,rules and regulations of the hospital and the unit.The management and co-workers are very co-operative .
A working enviroment that was of team work and of helping there patients with all they had to offer.
Floor tech/inventory (Former Employee), Albany, NYNovember 22, 2013
Pros: great work enviroment to work in and great people to work with
Cons: that the pay rate could be a bit better evenly
St. peters Hospital was more that a learning experience ,but family when i work there. They not only help a person become better person but also help that person advance with in the hospital. if the hours where there i would have stay for as they would of had me.
Compasionate and professional
Registered Nurse Clinical Support Team (Former Employee), Albany, NYOctober 1, 2013
Best job I ever had! Very kind and compassionate. Helpful management and flexable hours. Always focused on advancing the individual as well as the establishment. They never compromise one for the other.
my first job-started in high school
Clerk in Central Supply (Former Employee), Albany, NYSeptember 5, 2013
working for Central Supply was mainly filing the supply orders that were sent down from the floors. Transporting and stocking shelves with supplies.
A pleasant experience
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee), Helena, MTAugust 21, 2013
Pros: active social events, great cafeteria, great retirement ben
Cons: we were unable to move ahead in some areas due to weak management but that was corrected.
My job was the sole nuclear medicine technologist and I was also the RSO (Radiation Safety Officer) for the hospital. I also did all the PETS for the oncology department. Each day was filled with dealing with wonderful patients and co-workers. Management was a bit weak the first few years but improved with a change of directors. The most difficult part – more... of the job was getting pre-authorization for the PETS but we were working on getting that responsibility changed to the oncology department when I retired. My patients were the highlight of the day - being able to help solve medical mysteries was always exciting. – less
Excellent place to work
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Helena, MTJune 27, 2013
Fast paced, customer oriented, cares about patients and staff. Co-workers are willing to help each other to ensure the tasks are done properly and in a timely manner.
Friendly, supportive place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Albany, NYMay 23, 2013
St. Peter's is a very friendly place to work, they value their employees and have many ways of showing it, such as free turkeys to all employees at Thanksgiving. Benefits are about the same as other hospitals in the area, although St. Peter's has more flexible scheduling options than other hospitals that I've worked at.
Management is very supportive – more... of the staff, although a little disorganized at times, although we are going through a merger at the time that I am writing this, so that may have a little bit to do with it. – less
i worked 3rd shift
records clerk (Former Employee), Albany, NYMay 17, 2013
Pros: working by myself
Cons: healthcare
I worked for the hospital for 13 yrs a typical night was filing, pulling xrays, helping late night doctors. management did not help the employees out with family values. my coworkers were nice. the hardest part was staying awake driving home. the most enjoyable part was getting the work done.
Early and long days
Environmental Aide (Current Employee), Albany, NYApril 18, 2013
Pros: long lunches
Cons: work schedule
I start at 7am taking out trash or various patient rooms on an assigned floor. Then I go back and clean their rooms, and bathrooms to disinfect as many surfaces as possible. Interacting with management is very small unless something is done wrong. Interacting with coworkers is the most enjoyable part of my day because they very lively as well as well – more... ciltured. – less
Great support
Registrar, Information Associate (Former Employee), albany nyApril 3, 2013
educational training, tuition support, fast paced, must like health industry
Fun place to work
Information Associate (Current Employee), Albany, NYMarch 11, 2013
I am a per diem and it has been awhile since I work, however, this company is great to work. very fast environment.
registered nurse (Former Employee), registered nurseMarch 1, 2013
Pros: benefits, pay, and living in mt
Cons: management and administration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The worst management ever! That's the problem with this place. The pay is excellent, the benefits are good, the staff you work with is great, doctors are great, and Helena is a great place to live, BUT the administration and management will make you want to look for another job. The other problem is the majority of the public has a negative attitude – more... toward St. Peter's and they take it out on the staff but all this would be resolved if they got rid of the management and administration but that will NEVER happen! And it looks like the new CEO isn't going to get new management so don't expect change EVER!
Former RN worked there for 3 years. Relocated out of state. – less

pete – June 6, 2013

With job turnover of 500 employees a year, and everyone else wanting to leave there, is why i would go to Seattle for any medical procedures.

Nice Hospital
Register Nurse (Former Employee), Olympia, WADecember 31, 2012
Pros: great first line medical team.
Cons: two supervisions not user friendly and overlousy in miss using powers
Excellant place to work. Othro floor is the best. The people are friendly and supportative of contract agency nurse. Efficient and effective workloads. Learn how to launch "Epic electronic charting." The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
I enjoyed working there
Dietary specialist (Former Employee), Albany, NYAugust 14, 2012
oberall it was a pleasant experience. It was hectic at times but overall i enjoyed working there dealing both patients and staff
Good place to work with good benefits
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Albany, NYJune 5, 2012
Pros: part time workers (15 hours/week minimum) can accrue benefits, the cafeteria food is surprisingly great, and free turkeys for all employees around thanksgiving time, (although all these benefits may have changed since i left in 2005).
Cons: parking! (although that may have changed since i left in 2005).
I worked for this organization for 13 years in a part time capacity and learned quite a bit in this timeframe. I was hired as a medical transcriptionist and reached the top of my pay grade during my employment there. Management and co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job (which was not often) was very difficult-to-understand – more... dictations. The most enjoyable part of the job was everything else! The production/accuracy part of the job was very satisfying for me personally. – less
Active, fun place to work.
Patient Registration (Former Employee), Albany, NYMay 26, 2012
Pros: adequate parking close to work area.
The nurses and doctors were kind and helpful. The work was enjoyable. I learned alot about dx coding and procedural coding. I learned more about insurance and billing.
Fun work environment.
Patient Admissions (Former Employee), Helena, MTMarch 22, 2012
Pros: helping others
Cons: was a temp job.
Admit patients in to the computer, keep track of patient and employee
scheduling, make changes to patient's schedule, and help patient with directions
around the hospital for appointments.
st peter's hospital
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: clean, management support
Cons: little room for job advancement
Excellent facility to start your nursing career.
Worked there 32 years ago so the culture of health care has changed dramatically.
Excellent facility and staff.
Environmental Assistant (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 18, 2013
Pros: helping those in need.
Cons: it was difficult sometimes losing patients.
Everyday there was a great opportunity to work and help others. I always enjoyed my work days there.
a very enriching environment with very memorable people
Volunteer (Former Employee), hamilton onJune 18, 2013
Pros: i got to experience working with people on a very personal basis
It was a learning experience working as a team with other volunteers to bring joy and relief to the seniors that live at the hospital residence .