St. Peters Hospital Employee Reviews

SPH has gone downhill fast
RN (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 9, 2017
Check carefully into the demographics of employees before working here, as there are inconsistencies regarding treatment, but I guess that's Albany for you. Management is poor and inexperienced or nasty and corrupt. Some tried to bring in a union last year and they were promptly fired. Many RNs are running to other hospitals because they've had enough. No one likes to be chewed up and spit out, and then spit on.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Everything else
great small hospital
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTJanuary 2, 2017
co-workers like family, everyone is willing to help in all lab areas, management easy to work with always willing to help everyone to advance. patients are the most enjoyable part of the day.
Most enjoyable job!
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WADecember 20, 2016
staff was extremely nice and welcoming. I loved my job but I needed to further my education. great starter job for someone wanting to get their foot in the door. I learned a lot.
Good learning experience
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 16, 2016
Working at St. peters was my first time in a hospital setting and working with patients. The reason for working here was to gain experience hours to further my education. I would care for patients and help keep them physically active while healing. I enjoyed helping people and making a difference in their lives. The hardest part of the job was seeing one patient pass away. I learned a lot at this position and the most important thing I learned that nursing field was not for me.
sterile processor
Sterile Processor (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WADecember 11, 2016
cleaned and sterilized instruments used in a surgery. Sorted tools and instruments after use, checking for nicks and defects. Washing and sterilizing tools to prepare for next surgery. Stocked inventory and pulled inventory for future use.
Pros
Interesting
Cons
not enough pay
Overworked, understaffed, underpaid
Decentralized Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 28, 2016
The hospital since it's Health Partners Merger has been under constant stress and has caused many of it's veterans to leave. New employees are coming in with a fifth of the knowledge of senior staff, getting first picks for time off and almost equal pay. As such all departments are under fire and in dire need of more staff. However, new mandates and policies keep coming down the pipe from the new parent company, not even located in NY, but in Pennsylvania and it just causes people to realize they can earn more elsewhere for less responsibilities. From a nun, who used to work there once said, "God no longer lives here." People are warm bodies and not staff who are valued for their expertise and efforts.
Great hospital
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 20, 2016
The people are great. Depending on where you work the management isn't to bad. Depending on where you work the pay is pretty great. They will work with you if your in school.
Pros
Free parking, great insurance, nice people
Cons
Constantly busy
Working as a Transporter
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 16, 2016
Worst job a person could ever have at St.Peters. I literally felt as if I was a slave coming to work. Managment could of cared less if you were dying from Ebola; as long as you came to work on time.
Pros
Nothing was fun suffering in the basement
Cons
No structure in that department. No one cared and it showed. Shame on you CEO
Many Years
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 9, 2016
I have worked for this establishment for many years. I am grateful for the opportunity they gave me. The hardest part about my job is making sure I don't take the department zone phone home.

The hospital however, is not so good about promoting from with in.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Lab Technician II (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 5, 2015
No definitive complaints other than salaries could be better, and like any place staffing could be improved, Overall Staff are pleasant and care about the population in which they serve.
Go to work early leave early with positive intention on coming back.
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 12, 2015
Working for curbside for st. peters hospital was one of my great experience ever. Worked with patience from all over. one again took care of there car park and lock. co-workers great job excellent gm outstanding..
It was a very good learning experiance
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTOctober 10, 2015
I was able to help patients and work with some awesome co-workers. I learned how to verify Ins and Medicare/Medicaid. Also the guidelines of each Providers scheduling routines. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
It was always busy
Good Place to Work
Account Receivable (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 14, 2015
I enjoy working at St. Peters Hospital and the career I have chosen as Medical BiIler. I am always willing to give a helping hand and come in early to help others. My co-workers and I are a great team work of people.
Great place to learn
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 27, 2015
Working at St. Peter's hospital had given me great opportunity to learn more about healthcare. After working at the hospital for a while, I now have a better idea about the roles of the healthcare providers that work in the hospital. If has been very interesting to see how big of an impact the doctors, Nurses, Phsician's Assistants, and Patient Care technicians have on the patients who are being taken care of at the hospital. My experience as a PCT ( patient care tech) has been a good thus far. I really do appreciate the exposure that I am getting in health care at this hospital.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Short breaks
friendly staff, intense workpace,
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 7, 2015
Not great communication, overall great place to work, friendly staff. I have increased my Management skills, and data entry skills,
Pros
good people
Cons
not great on communication, and structure
Fast active productive work environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 20, 2015
Great environment, fast pace. Very professional lovely staff members, they have a great sense of team work, good team player, cooperative staffs members, always put the well being of patients
Pros
FREE WIFI, EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT IN CAFETERIA
Cons
NONE
Saint Peters Hospital was an awesome place to work it gave me an overall of my self and attitude on how to conduct myself no matter where i am in life
multi personal tech,lab tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 20, 2015
i have worked for Saint Peters Hospital FOR 24 years and in that time i have enjoyed throughly working with my coworkers and taking care of my patients.I have learned many things working at the hospital like how to work as a team,getting the work done before the ending of the day.And most of all to enjoy your work as your day goes on.The management was always there to help in any situation needed , they were always helpful and trying to make your day go as smoothly as possible.The hardest part was when a patient has stoped breathing a code blue,or when a patient died.
Pros
having work, when the floor had every one make some dish for lunch, the comrodery
Cons
short breaks, when someone calls in
Good staff members and team work
Monitor Tech (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 12, 2015
Fast paced environment with lots of patient who actually need you for everything they do where I have learned to be very patient and calm all the time.

Management try to do there job but we are always understaff and thats always a problem, giving you more patient that you can actually handle.

My co-workers are the BEST, they are always willing to help our patient and work as a team.

The best part of my days is to see our Patient getting better and getting discharge and walking home with a big smile and saying thank you for taking care of me....the BEST feeling
Information Associate
information associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 8, 2015
filing all incoming patients information and charting any additional paperwork.
I learned to be more organized and resourceful
the hardest part of the job was keeping up with the paperwork
I enjoyed interacting with my co workers, I enjoyed working there, I fell I needed a change
Pros
it was easy to get to
Cons
short breaks
Very Busy
Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 23, 2014
Very busy office a lot of patients, staff, etc.. but still loved it I work 4 10hr shifts and love every minute of it. Sweet patients caring staff and overall beautiful experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Peters Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Peters Hospital Reviews by Location