St. Peters Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Go to work early leave early with positive intention on coming back.
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 12, 2015
Working for curbside for st. peters hospital was one of my great experience ever. Worked with patience from all over. one again took care of there car park and lock. co-workers great job excellent gm outstanding..
It was a very good learning experiance
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTOctober 10, 2015
I was able to help patients and work with some awesome co-workers. I learned how to verify Ins and Medicare/Medicaid. Also the guidelines of each Providers scheduling routines. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
It was always busy
Good Place to Work
Account Receivable (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 14, 2015
I enjoy working at St. Peters Hospital and the career I have chosen as Medical BiIler. I am always willing to give a helping hand and come in early to help others. My co-workers and I are a great team work of people.
Great place to learn
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 27, 2015
Working at St. Peter's hospital had given me great opportunity to learn more about healthcare. After working at the hospital for a while, I now have a better idea about the roles of the healthcare providers that work in the hospital. If has been very interesting to see how big of an impact the doctors, Nurses, Phsician's Assistants, and Patient Care technicians have on the patients who are being taken care of at the hospital. My experience as a PCT ( patient care tech) has been a good thus far. I really do appreciate the exposure that I am getting in health care at this hospital.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Short breaks
friendly staff, intense workpace,
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 7, 2015
Not great communication, overall great place to work, friendly staff. I have increased my Management skills, and data entry skills,
Pros
good people
Cons
not great on communication, and structure
Fast active productive work environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 20, 2015
Great environment, fast pace. Very professional lovely staff members, they have a great sense of team work, good team player, cooperative staffs members, always put the well being of patients
Pros
FREE WIFI, EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT IN CAFETERIA
Cons
NONE
Saint Peters Hospital was an awesome place to work it gave me an overall of my self and attitude on how to conduct myself no matter where i am in life
multi personal tech,lab tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 20, 2015
i have worked for Saint Peters Hospital FOR 24 years and in that time i have enjoyed throughly working with my coworkers and taking care of my patients.I have learned many things working at the hospital like how to work as a team,getting the work done before the ending of the day.And most of all to enjoy your work as your day goes on.The management was always there to help in any situation needed , they were always helpful and trying to make your day go as smoothly as possible.The hardest part was when a patient has stoped breathing a code blue,or when a patient died.
Pros
having work, when the floor had every one make some dish for lunch, the comrodery
Cons
short breaks, when someone calls in
Good staff members and team work
Monitor Tech (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 12, 2015
Fast paced environment with lots of patient who actually need you for everything they do where I have learned to be very patient and calm all the time.

Management try to do there job but we are always understaff and thats always a problem, giving you more patient that you can actually handle.

My co-workers are the BEST, they are always willing to help our patient and work as a team.

The best part of my days is to see our Patient getting better and getting discharge and walking home with a big smile and saying thank you for taking care of me....the BEST feeling
Information Associate
information associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 8, 2015
filing all incoming patients information and charting any additional paperwork.
I learned to be more organized and resourceful
the hardest part of the job was keeping up with the paperwork
I enjoyed interacting with my co workers, I enjoyed working there, I fell I needed a change
Pros
it was easy to get to
Cons
short breaks
Very Busy
Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 23, 2014
Very busy office a lot of patients, staff, etc.. but still loved it I work 4 10hr shifts and love every minute of it. Sweet patients caring staff and overall beautiful experience.
Decent job management leaves something to be desired.
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 25, 2014
I enjoyed my position and co-workers but unfortunately the management team was not very conducive to a positive work environment.
Great co-workers Horrible communication
Patient Care Companion/Transportation Aide (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 20, 2014
Management is unprofessional, you get hired per diem and stay per diem, you can transfer within a year but they make it extremely difficult for you to do so, hours are flexible KINDA
The experience as a Tca
Tech/Patient care technician (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 29, 2014
A typical day at my job as a tca is more of a hands on patient care. Alot of communication betweeen the patient and tca and between the nurse and tca. I genuinely love the interaction with may patients and getting to know them as a person. It take compassion and good humanity to give a helping hand as such a job. The hardest part about my job is dealing with death and the emotions that comes with it , but its a life experience that you learn from.
Pros
the opportunity to advance
Great people to work with.
Certified Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTMarch 16, 2014
Good people. Billing department was embarrassing to work in. Very disorganized. Bills were not accurate. Medical Coders were not certified.
Good place to work outside of the Biomedical Department.
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 4, 2013
Working within different departments in the hospital was very good. Most people worked together as a team. Most people willing to help out. The hospital would give you free lunches once in awhile and give you a turkey for the holidays. I like working in general within the hospital.
My position with the biomedical dept. was not a good work experience. The management with the biomedical dept. did not care about your concerns and they were not willing to work with you.
They were only concern with their own agendas.
The co-workers always fearing the supervisor as he is always looking to put you down in some way.
The training was very poor and it was learn as you go on your own.
There was no team work as everyone was out for their own fearing for their own jobs.
The senior co-workers within the dept. in most cases did not help out and you were pretty much on your own.
I have worked in many biomedical departments with my past experience and never had an experience like this.
I feel sorry for some of the co-workers having to work in an environment like that.
I am glad that I was able to move on and put this experience behind me.
Pros
good work environment, free lunches and turkeys
Cons
biomedical department
busy
Registration Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 13, 2013
Working in the ER was very busy work, nonstop. I like busy, but when you dont have coworkers willing to chip in because they say "thats not my job" it gets frustrating. Ther was not alot of team work going on.
Pros
meet nice people
Cons
co workers not willing to help
Anesthesia
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany NYAugust 3, 2013
Loved the trauma cases so many to choose from, so many great things about the job cant tell them off. Co-workers were great and I would always recommended.
great place to work
Medical Records Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 12, 2013
Medical records clerk was very rewarding to me I advanced over to our billing department and began learning to abstract the billing before begining to process the billing .
Pros
great location, great atmosphere
Cons
hard to advance
Structured and enjoyable workplace.
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Accident and Emergency DepartmentDecember 16, 2012
Staff were very friendly at St Peters Hospital and I was made to feel part of a team. The work I was given was admin related and I enjoyed this a lot. The hardest part of the job was having to go home at the end of the day!
Cardiac Floor in Hospital
Assist patients (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 11, 2012
When I went to work I was excited, because I know I was going there with a purpose to help people. I learned how to accurately take vital signs of patient and about different ways to handle different patients. The management was not that good, they were very bais toward me. My co-wokers were really cool and I enjoyed working with them. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the nurses who had no respect or appreciation for what I did for them. The most enjoyable thing about my job was being able to make a difference in the life of the patients by coming to work and meeting their needs.
Pros
meeting new people and appreciative family members
Cons
dealing with rude nurses