Must have industrial and/or pharmaceutical manufacturing/packaging experience to be considered.
Undergraduate degree strongly preferred.
Strong computer skills a must.
Reports To: Supply Chain Manager
Direct Reports: None
Works closely with the Logistics Manager and other departments in order to ensure supply chain efficiency.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
- 45 hours per week
- Provides customer service support & acts as a liaison between the Logistics, Quality, and Finance Departments
- Acts as a Project Manager / Lead
o Support in QA projects
o Support in database & ERP development
o BOM set-up / revisions for new & current products
o New customer account set-up
o New product submissions to databanks & FDA (coordinates with QA Department)
o Conducts external audits with the QA Department
- Interviews vendors personally, via teleconference, email, and plant visits as required; works with QA and other departments in order to support vendor approval requirements
- Prepares and maintains reports as required by management
o Vendor score cards
o Closes out VNC’s & submits to QA Department
- Active role in the CAPA board
- Supervises & supports activities such as:
o Component purchases
o Change control processes
o Database updates (i.e. vendor info, parts numbers & descriptions)
o Inventory management & reporting
- Facilitates inter-departmental cross training
- Implements and supports cost reduction programs
- Works as a back-up for the Logistics Manager & Associate Manager, Logistics Analyst
- Meet all cGMP regulatory and safety requirements as required
- Support safety programs / projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned by management