St. Petersburg College Employee Reviews

Student Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 19, 2017
My typical day at work would be setting up the displays. Turn on all machines before unlocking the doors. Work on book covers and shelve books. Print out the sign in and sign out sheets. Check In/Out students. Basic computer skills.
temp job while I was in school.
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 11, 2017
I worked for the Business Technologies Dept. while I was attending classes at St. Petersburg College. It was a fun job. I re-imaged the computer lab rooms each week. Including the Microsoft training classrooms.
SPC Environment
Analyst/Programmer (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 7, 2017
My current department co-worker are a great group. The culture of the school is very fast-paced and often upper-management ask for requests are impossible to implement. It makes for a work environment with low morale.
Productive and fun work place
Student Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL 33710October 5, 2017
When entering, I check my To-Do list for assignment. I learned how to communicate and dress on a professional level. My management is great, but cut-throat. My job is time-consuming, but has a wonderful atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of this job is helping out students and interacting with my co-workers.
St. Petersburg College
Senior Administrative Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FL 34689September 20, 2017
Our graduates rank first in the state for earning the highest entry wages in Florida. With degree programs tailored to meet the needs of local industries, you'll be job ready at graduation. In fact, more than 90 percent of our graduates find jobs in the field, are continuing their education or serving in the military.
Temporary position while at school
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLSeptember 18, 2017
It was a very quiet place to work. There was not a lot to complain about since it was very calm, not a lot of conflict and the people were easy to get along with.
Great place to work!
Senior Administration Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 31, 2017
Could be stressful at times but work with some great people. Good benefits and pay and opportunity for education. I felt appreciated which is very important to me. Most of the time the work days flew by and seldom had any boring downtime.
benefits
Cons
Some promotions were who you know rather than your abilities.
Strong support
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 20, 2017
All of the different departments very much respected the work each other did for the college. Everyone was sincerely friendly. Not just because it is an expectation of their job but because that is who they are. Once you are part of the SPC family, you stay part of the SPC family.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Spc
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 5, 2017
The pay and benefits are unmatched by other local institutions. The college provides two weeks off for winter break, the whole week of spring break off, the whole week of thanksgiving off, and every official holiday is observed. You also earn a generous amount of sick and vacation days that role over every year but the vacation is capped at 42 days which you will probably reach because its hard to get leave approved by some managers since the college already provides so many free days off. New staff are put into a Health Savings Account(HSA) program that has a high deductible and higher co-pay compared to the options older employees were grandfathered into. A pro would be the potential to qualify for the state pension program if you can serve the 8 years required for new FRS members.
Pros
decent pay, benefits, state pension option
Cons
management, new HSA program
St. Petersburg College - Allstate Center: An excellent educational institution geared toward student success.
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 1, 2017
The St. Petersburg College is an established educational institution that features ten campuses across the Pinellas county region, which offers a diverse array of academic and career-related opportunities to meet students' needs. The occupational position as Peer Advisor in Student Support Services at the St. Petersburg College, Allstate Center was an excellent experience that provided a healthy atmosphere for close engagement and interaction with all students, both current and prospective. Primarily, the duties performed involved rendering assistance to students who were entirely new to the college atmosphere thereby needing much interpersonal help to properly prepare them for their desired undergraduate careers. Additionally, there were many individuals who visited the Allstate Center with completed programs, which ranged from Baccalaureate to Doctoral with the aim of attaining complementary certification or skill to further promote solidify their marketability in a particular career field. Ultimately, the St. Petersburg College, Allstate Center is a well-founded educational institution that, through its wide array of program offerings and dedicated faculty and staff, provides an excellent pathway that is geared toward student success in producing stellar individuals for contributing to the betterment of our regional and global communities.
Engaging and delightful work place
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 31, 2017
I truly enjoy working at this institution. The communication is fantastic between Chairs of the department and they ensure that the faculty are acknowledged and provided with all materials necessary to teach.
Everyday a Productive Day
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLJuly 25, 2017
I go to work every day and it always turns out to be a productive day. I always get to learn something new about my job or what the EMS world has to offer. Since I am around former members of the EMS community it is always very nice to see what it has to offer. The management is awesome and always willing to help you if you need it. I think the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to talk to people that have a lot of great things to say about the EMS community.
Pros
Great Advice
Cons
Can only work 20 hours as a student assistant
Adjunct
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 23, 2017
I get support and encouragement from the administration. Questions are answered quickly and professionally.
Encouragement from dean to enhance and revise curriculum.
Pros
Academic, professional
Cons
no guarantee of job from one semester to another
Friendly environment for learning
Full Time student (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLJuly 21, 2017
SPC is a good transition point between high school and a university, serving more as a hybrid of the two levels. It offers associates degrees in arts and science, and the assignments are designed so that you feel like you earned the education. The assignments get rather difficult, but the college has resources available for students to get back on their feet. Everyone gets a fair shot at a bright future, and it always feels like an exciting day whenever you walk through the doors.
Pros
Recreational room, cafe, more accessible
Cons
Difficult assignments, some classes are more fast-paced
Go Titans
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 20, 2017
SPC is a great place to work. Like most jobs there are ups and downs. They do provide us with free lunches, free massages, online training services. SPC does have trouble with transparency, and on-the-training for new hires.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Technology Support Specialist (OPS) SPC Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 3, 2017
Being a TSS at SPC give you the ability to affect others lives. They contact you to solve a technical issue or need assistant. This helps the students and or staff focus more on what they need to achieve.
Great college; great student engagement
HR Success Coach (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 28, 2017
A typical day was wonderful; great interaction with co-workers and other departments.

I learned a lot about the importance of culture and values.

Overall great place to work.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLJune 20, 2017
Love the faculty and students. They take the time to provide training for faculty and extra help for students. They do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Good place to work.
Facilities Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 13, 2017
St. Petersburg College (SPC) is a wonderful place to work, the people that work here are professional and dedicated to providing an environment to deliver services to it's customers.SPC provides a very good work/life balance.
Productive and fun place to work
Adjunct Professor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 29, 2017
I am very proud to be a part of the St. Pete College staff. It's a great place to work. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my students. The workplace culture is one of a big family working towards the same goals.A typical day begins with checking for important communications from management and your students.Ensuring that assignments are open each Sunday. Reviewing completed assignments and providing feedback to each student. Inputting grades daily. Sending out weekly reminders to students, reference assignments and important dates.
Pros
Lots of activities to encourage the students
Cons
More full-time positons