St. Petersburg College Employee Reviews in United States

Nice place to work in or out of school.
Student Assistant (Admin) (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 21, 2016
SPC is a good place to work. Some of the staff are not the best to work with, but if you can focus on what you're therefore, and do what you have to do. You will get alone find.
Pros
Free lunches at times and able to see events on campus
Cons
They are talkers
Great place to work with a diverse population
Library Services Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 28, 2016
Enjoyed working with the college students, and the public patrons. Everyday was different with a nice variety. Co-workers were enjoyable.
This was an interesting experience.
Physics, Mathematics, and Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 7, 2016
I worked here for a brief time, but I had mainly good experiences. Students truly want to learn, which makes your work a lot easier. Coworkers were fun to work with, friendly, and helpful.
Pros
Easy. Fun. Works with your academic schedule.
Cons
Low pay rate.
RN Instructor, Online (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLNovember 30, 2015
I am an adjunct instructor who works from home. I teach a variety of nursing classes online to students that are working towards their BSN. My team leaders have been great and are willing to answer questions as needed and to guide staff through changes that have been made.

The hardest part of my job is to get all of the students to communicate with me in the online environment. We do not see each other face to face and so there is a disconnect sometimes.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people in the online environment and watching them learn new things.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Not a full-time online position
Enjoy the students and teaching at night.
Business Owner (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLOctober 26, 2015
I enjoy teaching the real world to my students. It is very eye opening for them. I am amazed how a large number of my adult students have no clue how the real world works.
Want an I.T. job, better know somebody
Computers (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FlSeptember 9, 2015
If you have family on the board of trusties or executive level, it is a great place to work. If you take a low level or part time I.T. position to get your foot in the door, don't plan on having advancement opportunities. Part timers ( OPS ) will be stuck in that position for years. Full time positions in IT seem to go be given as favors rather then to qualified employees with proven productivity. For students, counselors need to learn more about the evolving environment of higher education. Counselors seem to have a decent grasp of requirements for students just out of high school. However, veterans, returning students and A.S. degree holders trying to advance their education will have a load of problems. They just can't comprehend the fact that people need additional education to remain competitive.
Pros
Many great peolple focused on educational excellence.
Cons
If you want a good job, you may need family at executive level.
Typical Day
Student Coach Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLAugust 12, 2015
Fine place to work for just wish the pay was a little higher. Just a fun day doing nothing and getting piled with work and goofing off from the management.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
My department is friendly, fun, and caring.
Instructional Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tarpon SpringsJuly 7, 2015
The best part of my job is helping students and flexible schedule. I am also a student so the ability to have librarians a few steps away from me when I need research help is great. My boss is great.
Great workplace
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 25, 2015
Very great workplace. Staff members and students are very cooperative. Would be willing to work here again if given the chance of doing so.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
health and fun enviroment
weight Rm. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 10, 2015
help student with daily activities and sign into gym. Assist supervisor with paper work. I learn a lot about the body parts and the different machines functions,
Pros
Work for free
Cons
Not enought work Hours part time.
Nice
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 6, 2015
For a seasonal part time job, this was a great place for a high school student to start out and get sales experience. very fast paced but overall a nice place to work.
Great work environment!
STUDENT ASSISTANT IN DISABILITY RESOURCES (Current Employee) –  clearwater, flMay 2, 2015
The co-workers great and they help you with whatever you need. The job is a lot of office work and you will learn a lot about computer software's. You will be involved with students and they work around your school schedule. They understand that school always comes first! The only con is that they only allow student assistants to work 15 hours a week, and a lot of students need more than that.
great place to work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 3, 2015
SPC is a great place to work. Everyone seems to enjoy their jobs. Scheduling is generally flexible, and they work with students' schedules.
great benefits
Student Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  st. petersburgFebruary 2, 2015
does not consider previous work experience, education, etc for pay.

great benefits/time off

work life balance +

intrinsically satisfying based off of working with students, hard to grow professionally.
Excellent job while in College
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  St. PetersburgJanuary 12, 2015
My job was to be the face of the college for students. So we were at every College-wide marketing, promotional or achievement type event and were there to meet and greet or just fill voids.

I gained many solid connections and more of an ability to be flexible.
Tutored while attending college
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FloridaNovember 13, 2014
I enjoy helping others learn and in return, it helped me out as well.
Pros
increased knowledge of accounting
Cons
took some study time away
Working with students of all ages was rewarding.
Interim Student Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLNovember 10, 2014
Teaching a non-credit course on a college level was a challenge. The students were aged 18-80 and were on many different educational and social levels.

The requirement to pass a State test with 70% or better created an environment that stressful to some students.
Pros
working with students.
Cons
no room for advancement.
Education
Adjunct Faculty College of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 14, 2014
Teaching new nursing students the aspects of Mental Health Nursing.
Pros
student interaction
Cons
time constraints of adjunct position
Print Shop Management is HORRIBLE
Print Slave (Former Employee) –  The Print PrisonOctober 8, 2014
This has to be the worst hostile work environment I've been subjected to in a long time. The staff treats everyone like dirt and expect tasks to be completed in an unreasonable amount of time with equipment that is horribly outdated. If you want to be ridden like a pony and belittled by people who have nothing going for them I highly recommend this very bad job.
Cons
the entire work experience
Fun place
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 31, 2014
A lot of the teachers and students are very friendly. My supervisor guides me every step of the way. The dos and donts of the place. I usually file, organize student's personal informations.

4.2