St. Petersburg College Employee Review

View all St. Petersburg College reviews

I tutor math and computer skills
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  st. petersburg, floridaMay 18, 2014
I tutor in elementary math up to college algebra
I have learned a lot on how to make people understand learning math and how it can be easier
the hardest part is always having to be professional and not let math tutoring turn into a social session
co-workers are other tutors so there is always intelligent conversations happening
Pros
working with doctors of multiple sciences
Cons
not a high paying job

Other St. Petersburg College Employee Reviews

Student Work Study
VETERAN SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLNovember 7, 2017
This was a student work study program, got paid minimum wage, tuned in time sheets after 40hrs. Didn't matter how many hours you worked a day, try to schedule working between classes and with other work studies.
Adising-Love the Students/Terrible Management
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 2, 2017
SPC has great benefits and paid winter and spring breaks. Most of the staff at SPC is wonderful. In Advising, most of my colleagues are very team-oriented/caring individuals. However, SPC tends to hire supervisors lacking in leadership experience who tend to regularly throw their own employees under the bus. While working with SPC students and faculty is a joy, the workload is unmanageable and upper management has very unrealistic expectations of what advisors will be able to accomplish. Upper management regularly assigns non-advising duties to our already beyond full plates and still tend to "build the plane while flying it" when it comes to new programs or projects. Our duties and policies rapidly change.
Pros
Paid Winter & Spring Breaks-great colleagues/Love the students
Cons
Management, unrealistic work expectations, workload