St. Petersburg College

St. Petersburg College Employee Reviews

Great workplace
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 25, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Very great workplace. Staff members and students are very cooperative. Would be willing to work here again if given the chance of doing so.
health and fun enviroment
weight Rm. Supervisor (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 10, 2015
Pros: Work for free
Cons: Not enought work Hours part time.
help student with daily activities and sign into gym. Assist supervisor with paper work. I learn a lot about the body parts and the different machines functions,
Nice
Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Largo, FLMay 6, 2015
For a seasonal part time job, this was a great place for a high school student to start out and get sales experience. very fast paced but overall a nice place to work.
Great work environment!
STUDENT ASSISTANT IN DISABILITY RESOURCES (Current Employee), clearwater, flMay 2, 2015
The co-workers great and they help you with whatever you need. The job is a lot of office work and you will learn a lot about computer software's. You will be involved with students and they work around your school schedule. They understand that school always comes first! The only con is that they only allow student assistants to work 15 hours a week, and a lot of students need more than that.
great place to work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLFebruary 3, 2015
SPC is a great place to work. Everyone seems to enjoy their jobs. Scheduling is generally flexible, and they work with students' schedules.
great benefits
Student Support Advisor (Former Employee), st. petersburgFebruary 2, 2015
does not consider previous work experience, education, etc for pay.

great benefits/time off

work life balance +

intrinsically satisfying based off of working with students, hard to grow professionally.
Excellent job while in College
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), St. PetersburgJanuary 12, 2015
My job was to be the face of the college for students. So we were at every College-wide marketing, promotional or achievement type event and were there to meet and greet or just fill voids.

I gained many solid connections and more of an ability to be flexible.
Tutored while attending college
Student Tutor (Former Employee), Clearwater, FloridaNovember 13, 2014
Pros: increased knowledge of accounting
Cons: took some study time away
I enjoy helping others learn and in return, it helped me out as well.
Working with students of all ages was rewarding.
Interim Student Activities Coordinator (Former Employee), Tarpon Springs, FLNovember 10, 2014
Pros: working with students.
Cons: no room for advancement.
Teaching a non-credit course on a college level was a challenge. The students were aged 18-80 and were on many different educational and social levels.

The requirement to pass a State test with 70% or better created an environment that stressful to some students.
Education
Adjunct Faculty College of Nursing (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 14, 2014
Pros: student interaction
Cons: time constraints of adjunct position
Teaching new nursing students the aspects of Mental Health Nursing.
Print Shop Management is HORRIBLE
Print Slave (Former Employee), The Print PrisonOctober 8, 2014
Cons: the entire work experience
This has to be the worst hostile work environment I've been subjected to in a long time. The staff treats everyone like dirt and expect tasks to be completed in an unreasonable amount of time with equipment that is horribly outdated. If you want to be ridden like a pony and belittled by people who have nothing going for them I highly recommend this very bad job.
Fun place
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 31, 2014
A lot of the teachers and students are very friendly. My supervisor guides me every step of the way. The dos and donts of the place. I usually file, organize student's personal informations.
A stimulating environment to work in
Educator/ Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Pinellas Park, FLJune 26, 2014
Pros: rewarding job
Cons: career advancement difficult without m.s.n.
You have the opportunity to teach students in the lab on campus; hospital setting; and the Simulation Lab.
I tutor math and computer skills
Math Tutor (Current Employee), st. petersburg, floridaMay 18, 2014
Pros: working with doctors of multiple sciences
Cons: not a high paying job
I tutor in elementary math up to college algebra
I have learned a lot on how to make people understand learning math and how it can be easier
the hardest part is always having to be professional and not let math tutoring turn into a social session
co-workers are other tutors so there is always intelligent conversations happening
The job is a biologist dream come true.
Lab Tech Assistant (Current Employee), Tarpon Springs, FLApril 2, 2014
Pros: supervisor, professors and the gift of expierience.
Wonderful place to work at St. Petersburg College. The supervisors and colleagues are willing to help, mentor and train in every way possible. It's very easy to become knowledgeable quickly in many fields with great support and ambitious character.
Great starting place!
Student Support (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: 18 credit hours of free tution, and professional development
Cons: lack of diversity, limited opportunities for advancement
St. Petersburg College in general is a great institution. There are various opportunities for professional development and the opportunity to impact students is immense. The college culture of St. Petersburg College has matured a great deal as well.

Significant improvement is still needed regarding their internal hiring and promotion practices. The system of favoritism is still prevalent at this institution and diversity is lacking. Also, the opportunity for advancement is limited.
Great learning environment
Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 22, 2014
This job allowed me to take charge of a major task and taught me a new skill. I loved interacting with the students and public visitors that came to the career center. In this job I also got to help people which always makes me feel like a valued member of the team.
evaluator
Lead/Manager College Evaluator (Former Employee), Tarpon Springs, FLJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: classes for free
Cons: pulled in lots of direction
Fast pace with students when enrollment was going on. Learned lots of new things all the time.
NA
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 13, 2014
It was an excellent part time job for a high school student that turned into something more as time went on. The benefits were very good but the pay could have been better. It was good while it lasted.
Not a steady job
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 27, 2013
Adjunct positions are not guaranteed employment. job schedule is not flexible, but nice people work there .

About St. Petersburg College

St. Petersburg College (commonly referred to as SPC) is a state college in Pinellas County, Florida. It is part of the Florida – Read more

St. Petersburg College Salaries