St. Petersburg College Employee Review

View all St. Petersburg College reviews

Great place to work with friendly staff; room for advancement.
STUDENT ASSISTANT, PURCHASING (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 23, 2014
A typical work week as a student assistant is fairly simple. Most days were very enjoyable for me.

Other St. Petersburg College Employee Reviews

Student Work Study
VETERAN SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLNovember 7, 2017
This was a student work study program, got paid minimum wage, tuned in time sheets after 40hrs. Didn't matter how many hours you worked a day, try to schedule working between classes and with other work studies.
Adising-Love the Students/Terrible Management
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 2, 2017
SPC has great benefits and paid winter and spring breaks. Most of the staff at SPC is wonderful. In Advising, most of my colleagues are very team-oriented/caring individuals. However, SPC tends to hire supervisors lacking in leadership experience who tend to regularly throw their own employees under the bus. While working with SPC students and faculty is a joy, the workload is unmanageable and upper management has very unrealistic expectations of what advisors will be able to accomplish. Upper management regularly assigns non-advising duties to our already beyond full plates and still tend to "build the plane while flying it" when it comes to new programs or projects. Our duties and policies rapidly change.
Pros
Paid Winter & Spring Breaks-great colleagues/Love the students
Cons
Management, unrealistic work expectations, workload