St. Petersburg College

St. Petersburg College Employer Reviews

Tutored while attending college
Student Tutor (Former Employee), Clearwater, FloridaNovember 13, 2014
Pros: increased knowledge of accounting
Cons: took some study time away
I enjoy helping others learn and in return, it helped me out as well.
Working with students of all ages was rewarding.
Interim Student Activities Coordinator (Former Employee), Tarpon Springs, FLNovember 10, 2014
Pros: working with students.
Cons: no room for advancement.
Teaching a non-credit course on a college level was a challenge. The students were aged 18-80 and were on many different educational and social levels.

The requirement to pass a State test with 70% or better created an environment that stressful to some students.
Education
Adjunct Faculty College of Nursing (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 14, 2014
Pros: student interaction
Cons: time constraints of adjunct position
Teaching new nursing students the aspects of Mental Health Nursing.
Print Shop Management is HORRIBLE
Print Slave (Former Employee), The Print PrisonOctober 8, 2014
Cons: the entire work experience
This has to be the worst hostile work environment I've been subjected to in a long time. The staff treats everyone like dirt and expect tasks to be completed in an unreasonable amount of time with equipment that is horribly outdated. If you want to be ridden like a pony and belittled by people who have nothing going for them I highly recommend this – more... very bad job. – less
Fun place
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 31, 2014
A lot of the teachers and students are very friendly. My supervisor guides me every step of the way. The dos and donts of the place. I usually file, organize student's personal informations.
A stimulating environment to work in
Educator/ Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Pinellas Park, FLJune 26, 2014
Pros: rewarding job
Cons: career advancement difficult without m.s.n.
You have the opportunity to teach students in the lab on campus; hospital setting; and the Simulation Lab.
I tutor math and computer skills
Math Tutor (Current Employee), st. petersburg, floridaMay 18, 2014
Pros: working with doctors of multiple sciences
Cons: not a high paying job
I tutor in elementary math up to college algebra
I have learned a lot on how to make people understand learning math and how it can be easier
the hardest part is always having to be professional and not let math tutoring turn into a social session
co-workers are other tutors so there is always intelligent conversations happening
Great place to work with friendly staff; room for advancement.
STUDENT ASSISTANT, PURCHASING (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 23, 2014
A typical work week as a student assistant is fairly simple. Most days were very enjoyable for me.
The job is a biologist dream come true.
Lab Tech Assistant (Current Employee), Tarpon Springs, FLApril 2, 2014
Pros: supervisor, professors and the gift of expierience.
Wonderful place to work at St. Petersburg College. The supervisors and colleagues are willing to help, mentor and train in every way possible. It's very easy to become knowledgeable quickly in many fields with great support and ambitious character.
Great learning environment
Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 22, 2014
This job allowed me to take charge of a major task and taught me a new skill. I loved interacting with the students and public visitors that came to the career center. In this job I also got to help people which always makes me feel like a valued member of the team.
evaluator
Lead/Manager College Evaluator (Former Employee), Tarpon Springs, FLJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: classes for free
Cons: pulled in lots of direction
Fast pace with students when enrollment was going on. Learned lots of new things all the time.
NA
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 13, 2014
It was an excellent part time job for a high school student that turned into something more as time went on. The benefits were very good but the pay could have been better. It was good while it lasted.
Not a steady job
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 27, 2013
Adjunct positions are not guaranteed employment. job schedule is not flexible, but nice people work there .
Good work, temporary employment
Coachs' Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 30, 2013
Pros: free dinners and road trips throughout florida
Cons: temp work and low hours
I enjoyed working for the school however it was a temporary job and the compensation was not very competetive. Typically I would enter data on the team statistics, compile and review opponents statistics, and perform maintenance on equipment and gymnasium. Also during games I was responsible for preparing the gym and keeping live stats for each team – more... during the game. – less
Enjoyable but occasionally challenging workplace
College level Tutor (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 14, 2013
Pros: good friendships, flexible work hours, close proximity to my classes
Cons: short breaks, rude students, condescending treatment from 'adult' students, low pay
Being a college level tutor was a great experience for me as I was able to not only interact with a large percentage of the student body, but I was able to learn the flexibility and adaptation required when relating with people of different age groups, needs and backgrounds.

It was a humbling experience and I grew to enjoy helping people become better – more... at whatever subject matter gave them difficulty. My coworkers were fellow students like me and I grew close to several of them. We still remain good friends today.

The hardest part about the job was learning how to juggle my own classes and assignments and still effectively maintain a good grade whilst working as a tutor. Furthermore, it would get emotionally frustrating when some students would refuse to grasp the content and then became very rude and aggressive. These times called for heightened patience on my part as I had to be empathetic and respectful at all times.

Overall the experience made me more aware of the differences in humanity (attitudes, perception and passion to succeed) and I was able to appreciate the fact that I was helping others help themselves. – less
Great Company!
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 2, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: maybe alot of work to handle
My experience working for SPC was great. Although it was only a student position I worked closely to the permanent staff members. Everyone mixed well and enjoyed working. If it was not for the student position I would be continuing to working there right now.
Flexible Hours
Adjunct Instructo (Former Employee), St. Petersburg FLMay 1, 2013
Cons: no healthcare, hours constantly are cut
Good job, but hours are constantly cut. Students are great.
Productive and receptive work environment.
SharePoint Developer (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 3, 2013
I worked here as a sort of summer internship with a few of my schoolmates. We worked together to develop a few small-scale proof of concepts for applying technologies that we had worked with in the past to new situations. I would say that the hardest part would be a new kind of work experience and having almost complete creative control in the project. – more... Everyone we worked with was really nice and helpful even when they were busy. I learned how a larger production environment operates and how to develop solutions in one. – less
Great Environment & Nice People
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Tarpon Springs, FLJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: serene places on campus, nice people, sometimes free food from events
Cons: as a student i am restricted to 15 hours per week
As a Student Assistant at the "Student Life & Leadership" I have always been kept busy with the creation and distribution of flyers for various campus events, the set-up and take-down of various campus events, the management of the Gym and Flag football Team, and the giving of information to students in need of some assistance. The Campus is beautiful – more... and Serene. I enjoy the environment very much. Any other staff that i have ever come into contact with has been very helpful and kind. Seriously a great place to work – less
Great learning environment
Career Service Assistant (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: working in an academic environment
Cons: we sometimes had long hours
I loved working at SPC and helping the students. The management was awesome to work with as well as my co workers. It was a very busy office setting but I love fast paced jobs and learned a lot about efficiently running an office, setting up appointments and travel itineraries, resumes and cover letters and problem solving.

About St. Petersburg College

St. Petersburg College (commonly referred to as SPC) is a state college in Pinellas County, Florida. It is part of the Florida – Read more