St. Petersburg College

St. Petersburg College Employee Reviews

Great place to work as a student, often has fun events.
Learning Resource Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 24, 2017
SPC work-student program cares mostly about your schooling, work is almost second.
Willing to work around your schedule
gives out movie tickets and gives free food at least 2x a month
Pros
Nice schedules
Cons
Limits you to 15 hours a week
Great first time job.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLJanuary 17, 2017
A typical day at St. Petersburg College- Student Support Center was a great day. We were always helping students regarding academics, tutoring, personal, and many other things. I was always in charge of the data entry type work at the office. I normally finished pretty quickly. This was my first job ever and I learned a lot of valuable skills and made great friends. My manager was a very nice lady that I still talk to and I am friends with ever since I started working for her. My co-workers were very nice and understanding for the fact that I couldn't hear that well. The hardest part of this job was having to leave, because of financial aid. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people every day.
Pros
Valuable skills, connections, knowledge, and much more
Great Environment
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 12, 2017
St. Petersburg College was very kind and appreciative of me. The job was hard at times, but nothing that was too hard to handle.
Duties
Student Success Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 4, 2017
The job was mostly advising at first, then more demands were placed on advisors. We had a small team so it the job description changed constantly. I enjoyed working with the students and staff but the changes every other month was challenging.
Pros
benefits, pay, co-workers
Cons
constant changes in duties, management
Fantastic place of employment
Sign Language Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 17, 2016
I would recommend SPC to anyone in the Tampa Bay area in Florida. It offers great benefits and a wonderful work environment.
Blah
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLAugust 9, 2016
It seems that with every opportunity to advance the hiring requirements are different. One time Seniority is all that matters & the next job will be something different.
Excellent exposure to education in this field
Lab Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 25, 2016
Overall this position was one of my favorites. I was able to learn new skills and use my current skills safely.
All of my superiors were approachable and helpful.
There was an independence in the position that allowed you to schedule tasks according to your available time.
I was trusted to provide the necessary assistance to all of the labs I worked with/for.
I was also trusted to assist labs outside the Biology Department, such as Chemistry or Physics.
It allowed me to work with my brain and my hands and provided me with all of the safety training I might need for this job.
Pros
Approachable and friendly co-workers.
Cons
No future - I only had this position as long as I was taking classes.
Nice place to work in or out of school.
Student Assistant (Admin) (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 21, 2016
SPC is a good place to work. Some of the staff are not the best to work with, but if you can focus on what you're therefore, and do what you have to do. You will get alone find.
Pros
Free lunches at times and able to see events on campus
Cons
They are talkers
Great place to work with a diverse population
Library Services Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 28, 2016
Enjoyed working with the college students, and the public patrons. Everyday was different with a nice variety. Co-workers were enjoyable.
This was an interesting experience.
Physics, Mathematics, and Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 7, 2016
I worked here for a brief time, but I had mainly good experiences. Students truly want to learn, which makes your work a lot easier. Coworkers were fun to work with, friendly, and helpful.
Pros
Easy. Fun. Works with your academic schedule.
Cons
Low pay rate.
RN Instructor, Online (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLNovember 30, 2015
I am an adjunct instructor who works from home. I teach a variety of nursing classes online to students that are working towards their BSN. My team leaders have been great and are willing to answer questions as needed and to guide staff through changes that have been made.

The hardest part of my job is to get all of the students to communicate with me in the online environment. We do not see each other face to face and so there is a disconnect sometimes.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people in the online environment and watching them learn new things.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Not a full-time online position
Enjoy the students and teaching at night.
Business Owner (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLOctober 26, 2015
I enjoy teaching the real world to my students. It is very eye opening for them. I am amazed how a large number of my adult students have no clue how the real world works.
Want an I.T. job, better know somebody
Computers (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FlSeptember 9, 2015
If you have family on the board of trusties or executive level, it is a great place to work. If you take a low level or part time I.T. position to get your foot in the door, don't plan on having advancement opportunities. Part timers ( OPS ) will be stuck in that position for years. Full time positions in IT seem to go be given as favors rather then to qualified employees with proven productivity. For students, counselors need to learn more about the evolving environment of higher education. Counselors seem to have a decent grasp of requirements for students just out of high school. However, veterans, returning students and A.S. degree holders trying to advance their education will have a load of problems. They just can't comprehend the fact that people need additional education to remain competitive.
Pros
Many great peolple focused on educational excellence.
Cons
If you want a good job, you may need family at executive level.
Typical Day
Student Coach Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLAugust 12, 2015
Fine place to work for just wish the pay was a little higher. Just a fun day doing nothing and getting piled with work and goofing off from the management.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
My department is friendly, fun, and caring.
Instructional Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tarpon SpringsJuly 7, 2015
The best part of my job is helping students and flexible schedule. I am also a student so the ability to have librarians a few steps away from me when I need research help is great. My boss is great.
Great workplace
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 25, 2015
Very great workplace. Staff members and students are very cooperative. Would be willing to work here again if given the chance of doing so.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
health and fun enviroment
weight Rm. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 10, 2015
help student with daily activities and sign into gym. Assist supervisor with paper work. I learn a lot about the body parts and the different machines functions,
Pros
Work for free
Cons
Not enought work Hours part time.
Nice
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 6, 2015
For a seasonal part time job, this was a great place for a high school student to start out and get sales experience. very fast paced but overall a nice place to work.
Great work environment!
STUDENT ASSISTANT IN DISABILITY RESOURCES (Current Employee) –  clearwater, flMay 2, 2015
The co-workers great and they help you with whatever you need. The job is a lot of office work and you will learn a lot about computer software's. You will be involved with students and they work around your school schedule. They understand that school always comes first! The only con is that they only allow student assistants to work 15 hours a week, and a lot of students need more than that.
great place to work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 3, 2015
SPC is a great place to work. Everyone seems to enjoy their jobs. Scheduling is generally flexible, and they work with students' schedules.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Petersburg College. Our community is ready to answer.