St. Petersburg College

St. Petersburg College Employee Reviews

NA
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 13, 2014
It was an excellent part time job for a high school student that turned into something more as time went on. The benefits were very good but the pay could have been better. It was good while it lasted.
Not a steady job
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 27, 2013
Adjunct positions are not guaranteed employment. job schedule is not flexible, but nice people work there .
Good work, temporary employment
Coachs' Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 30, 2013
Pros: free dinners and road trips throughout florida
Cons: temp work and low hours
I enjoyed working for the school however it was a temporary job and the compensation was not very competetive. Typically I would enter data on the team statistics, compile and review opponents statistics, and perform maintenance on equipment and gymnasium. Also during games I was responsible for preparing the gym and keeping live stats for each team during the game.
Enjoyable but occasionally challenging workplace
College level Tutor (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 14, 2013
Pros: good friendships, flexible work hours, close proximity to my classes
Cons: short breaks, rude students, condescending treatment from 'adult' students, low pay
Being a college level tutor was a great experience for me as I was able to not only interact with a large percentage of the student body, but I was able to learn the flexibility and adaptation required when relating with people of different age groups, needs and backgrounds.

It was a humbling experience and I grew to enjoy helping people become better at whatever subject matter gave them difficulty. My coworkers were fellow students like me and I grew close to several of them. We still remain good friends today.

The hardest part about the job was learning how to juggle my own classes and assignments and still effectively maintain a good grade whilst working as a tutor. Furthermore, it would get emotionally frustrating when some students would refuse to grasp the content and then became very rude and aggressive. These times called for heightened patience on my part as I had to be empathetic and respectful at all times.

Overall the experience made me more aware of the differences in humanity (attitudes, perception and passion to succeed) and I was able to appreciate the fact that I was helping others help themselves.
Great Company!
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 2, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: maybe alot of work to handle
My experience working for SPC was great. Although it was only a student position I worked closely to the permanent staff members. Everyone mixed well and enjoyed working. If it was not for the student position I would be continuing to working there right now.
Flexible Hours
Adjunct Instructo (Former Employee), St. Petersburg FLMay 1, 2013
Cons: no healthcare, hours constantly are cut
Good job, but hours are constantly cut. Students are great.
Productive and receptive work environment.
SharePoint Developer (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 3, 2013
I worked here as a sort of summer internship with a few of my schoolmates. We worked together to develop a few small-scale proof of concepts for applying technologies that we had worked with in the past to new situations. I would say that the hardest part would be a new kind of work experience and having almost complete creative control in the project. Everyone we worked with was really nice and helpful even when they were busy. I learned how a larger production environment operates and how to develop solutions in one.
Great Environment & Nice People
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Tarpon Springs, FLJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: serene places on campus, nice people, sometimes free food from events
Cons: as a student i am restricted to 15 hours per week
As a Student Assistant at the "Student Life & Leadership" I have always been kept busy with the creation and distribution of flyers for various campus events, the set-up and take-down of various campus events, the management of the Gym and Flag football Team, and the giving of information to students in need of some assistance. The Campus is beautiful and Serene. I enjoy the environment very much. Any other staff that i have ever come into contact with has been very helpful and kind. Seriously a great place to work
Great learning environment
Career Service Assistant (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: working in an academic environment
Cons: we sometimes had long hours
I loved working at SPC and helping the students. The management was awesome to work with as well as my co workers. It was a very busy office setting but I love fast paced jobs and learned a lot about efficiently running an office, setting up appointments and travel itineraries, resumes and cover letters and problem solving.
Acedemic Enviroment
Grant Accountant (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLDecember 17, 2012
Pros: positive atmoshere
Cons: takes a while to change procedures
Procedures must be followed to the letter and it takes some time to change them if needed. Staff is knowledge and helpful. Benefits are great. Management is supportive.
Productive and amazing place to work with friendly departmental staff.
Adjunct Lecturer, Mathematics (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 12, 2012
Pros: free food in staff room
Cons: holidays
St. Petersburg College, Clearwater campus, Mathematics department, is an excellent place to work. A typical work day is one of fun and excitement. The management is accommodating and supportive in meeting instructor's needs. Co-workers are outstanding, very friendly, and always willing to share valuable techniques for teaching improvement. The hardest part of the job is trying to help students understand the importance of class attendance to their performance. The most enjoyable part is seeing increasing number of students succeeding semester after semester.
St. Petersburg College
Adjunct Professor for Sciences (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLNovember 15, 2012
Pros: retirement plan
Cons: no health care options
Professional College working environment. All staff are available and competent at their tasks.

My teaching skills continue to grow.

Working evening shifts has confirmed my managerial skills in many situations.

Co-workers are part of a team.

There is no hard part of the job.

Extending my knowledge of sciences to students that can be hindered by equations and math.
Nursing School
Past Member of SPC Student Government (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: low cost school, great program.
Great school. Teachers really care about the success of the students. The teachers will even tutor for free to help the students really grasp material. The program is extremely difficult, however, you feel prepared when you leave to be a nurse.
Productive and fun place to work.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Pinellas Park, FLSeptember 8, 2012
I loved working with students and staff, meeting their every need. Phones, mail outs, warehouse, inventory, routing, handling,incoming and outgoing mail for distance program. Typing, computer, notices, staff minutes, great comminication skills.
Productive and exeptional work environment.
Note-Taker/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), St.Petersburg,FlAugust 15, 2012
Very fast paced with a high call volume. Dealt with all students throughout the campus as well as the faculty.
Part-time work assisting (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 4, 2012
I enjoyed the short time that I worked at the college. It is unfortunate that my position was eliminated.
N/A
Algebra Tutor (Former Employee), Tarpon Springs, FLAugust 1, 2012
A typical day at work involved doing adult students' algebra homework for them while that grunted occasional assents at me and texted people. I learned that I am capable of explaining many topics of basic algebra to people but that I don't like it. Management was aloof but effective. My co-workers were decent people. The hardest part of the job was being on. The most enjoyable part of the job was receiving a small sum of money to perform it.
I WAS ABLE TO LEARN HOW TO MULTI TASK. THE TEACHERS I HAD WERE GREAT!!
Clerical and general duties (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 13, 2012
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: parking was difficult.
I WAS HIRED PART TIME DUE TO CLASSES I WAS TAKING IN THE BUSINESS OFFICE OF THE TECH BUILDING. MAY TIME WAS TAKEN UP WITH RUNNING ERRANDS AND RUNNING THE COMPUTER ROOM. IF A STUDENT HAD DIFFICULTY, I WAS THERE TO HELP THEM. THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB WAS WHEN I GRADUATED.
Easy going staff with fluxuating amounts of work
Clerical Student Assistant (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 5, 2012
Pros: warm hearted staff members, helping with art shows is a blast, clean bathrooms, ice cold a/c, big fridge, free water
Cons: low hours, minimum wage, no health benifts, no advancement.
There are many departments in Saint Petersburg College Clearwater Campus. I worked in the Fine Arts department. At that time The program director took care of the Fine Arts department and the Social Science department. As a clerical assistant I would have to run errands back and forth from both buildings. Being a student, that meant walking to the buildings. I wore many hats in this job position, Being a file clerk, a mail clerk, an errand runner, Petty cash handling, assisting professors with tasks in the fine arts department including price quotes from vendors, and a receptionist if the Main administrative staff member was busy or told you to do so at that time. They host Juried Art shows and other art shows for the students that attend that department. You will be asked to help set up the shows, call students who have projects entered, help eat the food during the show ( my favorite part!) and help clean up after the show has ended. The staff are very friendly and are very helpful. You can confide in them if you ever need to ask questions or just talk.