St. Petersburg General Hospital

St. Petersburg General Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

loved working here
Histotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 10, 2016
this was a great job. small staffed in the lab. great hours, pay was good. not much room for pay benefits. benefits were great! loved working with all the people they were so nice.
Pros
small hospital lots of room for advancement
Cons
pay raises very low
Uplifting and rewarding workplace
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 10, 2015
Great place to learn and grow with a great amount of experience and use of current skills and assessments. I work with a dedicated staff that looks forward to treating each and every patient with empathy and professionalism. I am always looking for ways to grow and to learn as an individual through experience and higher education.
Pros
experience
Great atmosphere
RN (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 16, 2015
I really enjoyed working in Labor and Delivery here. Nothing is better than being a part of a miracle and helping the families get through labor and delivery.
Excellent Imaging Department management
Staff Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 18, 2014
St. Petersburg General Hospital is a medical/surgical hospital
that is medium sized and a pleasure to work at. Evelyn McCullough
is one of the best managers I've ever had the pleasure of working for.
Thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers. At meal time the cafeteria food is something that the employees look forward to, it's varied and tasty.
Pros
outstanding management in radiology department
Cons
pay could be higher
Working for St. Petersburg General Hospital
CNA (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 10, 2014
Everyone here is very nice and overall a nice place to work, but alot of times understaffed, probably because the pay here is very poor. Alot of turnover because of pay.
Pros
cheap breakfast and lunch. food is good.
Cons
terrible health insurance
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 30, 2014
Techs are supportive, helpful, and great to work with. Radiologist are approachable and easy to work with. Management listens to concerns and is always trying to improve things for the employees and pateints.
Pros
always get lunch break
Cons
sent home whe it's slow
Very friendly place to work.
Patient Access Services (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 25, 2014
Welcome patient and family members in a professional manner. Register, interview or admit all patients at workstation or at bedside to obtain all necessary account information,EMR
I was a graduate RN at this position in ICU
Critical care internship program (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 27, 2014
I was so excited to be in the ICU learning in the critical care internship program.. it was an awesome experience.
Pros
so much to learn
Enjoyed working with the different deparments of the hospital
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 6, 2014
Enjoyed working with the manager of the department and co-workers with assisting the day to day operations of the department.
decline
Radiological Technologist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 26, 2013
Good Company but no full time jobs. Would like to see more job growth.
Was a good teaching unit
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 22, 2013
Typical day has you getting and assignment and then being pretty much on your own.there was not a lot of help among staffers.with each other Most were concerned with texting or working on their laptop computers unfortunately there was a very clickish atmosphere and the charge nurse was often off the unit.I learned and refined all of my skills during the 17years I worked there but in the last 2 years administration changes and the hospital was less upfront with the LPNs working in ICU. THEN we were told that we had a limited time to get an Rn or transfer to floor work. The time frame would require full time coarse work and none of us ( ages 55-61) felt we could do. We had been lead to believe we would stay in ICU until outted by illness or retirement.. .Work became a hard place to want to go to do to the people but I always loved patient care and working with the patients.
Cons
no place but unit lounge for breaks and always called out to help someone else
Overall good place to work with excellant benefits
LPN (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 25, 2012
Busy hospital setting taking care of patients. I learned and
fine tuned my skills in years past.
Management has had it's ups and downs. We had a period
when we were so micro managed that morale was sooooo
low and tension so high you could cut it with a knife. Fortunately
for us there was a complete change of managers with changes
which made alot of difference. People felt happier and more at ease.
Co-workers for the most part help each other when needed and
after working with and getting to know each other for a while (my
case a long time) It's like your work family-sharing in the good times
of your life and at times listening or sharing an unhappy or sad
event in your co-workers personal life or your own. Of course, the
more people you have the more different personalities you have
and once in awhile you'll have someone you really don't want to work with, but being the professional that we are, getting along is a must.
The hardest part would be since we are in healthcare we see other
peoples loved ones not doing well with unfavorable diagnosis' and
all we have to give is a comforting word and you feel so helpless.
As a nurse, being short staffed makes your job harder to give the
care that patients deserve.It's sometimes hard to get management
to see the difference between quality and quantity. Adequate and
exceptional staffing produces quality, AND customer satisfaction,
which is the number 1 concern these days to companies.
Most enjoyable would be working with the coworkers that make you
feel comfortable and give you support when you need it.
Also that one patient who was
  more... so sick and possibly near death
that has a full miraculas recovery and goes home to WALK back into
you unit to thank you all for her good care.
Also for the free meals on holidays and other employee recognition
benefits( even though they been scaled back due to economy financial reasons)
I worked night shift and so was not included in activities for the hospital.
Charge Nurse on Med/Surg Floor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 10, 2012
I would start my shift by getting report on all the patients of the floor. Following that would return to the nursing station to start taking doctors orders off of charts and make sure duties was being performed by staff and call a huddle to discuss problems and procedures patients was going to be having. The rest of the shift was to do paper work and prepare patients for procedures for the following morning. Then to prepare paper work for day shift. I learned how to communicate with nurses in many situations (bad and good). The management meetings we would have was really not inspiring. They would ask our opionon but it really did not go any furthur than that. I loved working with all of my co-workers we had a great group of nurses and we worked very well together like a well oiled clock. We was a team and was always there to help each other. I would say the hardest part of my job was trying to let one of the LPN's know what her limitations and job descriptions was. It was hard because I did not have the backing of my director. The most enjoyable part of my job was going to work every night and taking care of the patients. I loved going in and talking with each patient and getting to know them and helping them get better or to the point where they could help themselves and seeing the look on their faces when they made those first steps or lifted their spoon. It could make you very humble.
Pros
once every 6 months the hospital would feed us as a thank you.
Cons
would be short staffed most of the time.
nice pharmacists
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 6, 2012
the pharmacists inside are great people to work with the technicians that have been there forever will not train you right and make working difficult. The prn pay is excellent value but the full time rate is below par and a insult to anyone who went to school.
Team nursing
Nursing Management Team (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FloridaJune 24, 2012
Staff and management duties for NBN for up to 20 members. Administrative as well as clinical.
Grat place for community members to have close medical care.
Staff Nurse/Relief Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  St.Petersburg, FL 33707May 1, 2012
Most of the co-workers are great patient care people who are working short staffed. Management is like they are everywhere else, trying to get the job done with what they have available.
The hardest part of the job was the 12hr shifts and the most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers.
Pros
co-workers, ability to do the job i loved
Cons
any activities were directed at day shift, niight shift got shafted .