St. Rita's Medical Center Employee Reviews

Blessed
Chaplain & Hospice Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHNovember 17, 2017
My job is amazing. Where else can you work with people (patients) and be with them when they see God. I have an amazing team to work with and enjoy all aspects of what I get to do. I just wish everyone felt this way.
The only opportunity to advance is self-created. I am not encouraged to do more than required. However, my personality is one that motivates me to find opportunities to resolve.
Pros
Collegues
Cons
On-call hours
Not very pleasant.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHOctober 4, 2017
This is not a place where you get praised for doing a good job. The management acts as if they do not care if you work for them or not. I felt as if I had to walk around on egg shells just to make sure I wouldn't be wrote up or get in trouble. It's not a very nice place to work, it used to be but has gone down hill.
Losing Job
Nutritional Call Center Agent-Evening Paper Agent (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHSeptember 30, 2017
My review will be biased as I will be losing my job by the end of 2017. Not sure if I will be able to transition to another position within the hospital, but I do hope so
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Long hours, not many breaks, stress
Stressful to work
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHSeptember 28, 2017
Very fast paced and at times very stressful. Loved the people I directly worked with. Worked at SRMC for 3 years, the newly hired clerks were hired in making over a dollar more an hour than those of us training them.
Great place to work with great people.
Manager Patient Accounts Department (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHSeptember 25, 2017
Was part of a great management team and staff. We worked hard to accomplish goals but still had a great work/life balance. Upper management was also great to work with.
Overall good employer
LOGISTICS AND LINEN SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHAugust 28, 2017
Overall good employer to work for. I enjoy earning paid vacation time along with retirement contributions from the employer with a percentage of matching contributions they offer.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Getting to be very political enviroment
St Rita's Dying as they Switch to Mercy Health
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHAugust 23, 2017
For the past 9 years I had been an employee of SRMC. When I started, we were in our prime. The hospital held lots of promise, with good caring physicians and staff. Management was receptive to suggestions to try and improve the work environment for our staff and our patients. RN's received good education and review to help us grow and succeed. Now the staff is lazy, often seen texting or looking at their phones. No one is receptive to constructive criticism or self improvement. Short staffed, stressed, high work load, mandatory overtime. Patient's and families are leaving uneducated and frustrated due to the lack of physician's response and involvement. RN's have so much extra paperwork that they spend more time focusing on their computer than their patient. They are switching the way physicians round and see their patient's so the doctor who has known and seen you for years- are now unable to see and round on their patient's and you get whoever is on call. Patient care is being highly mismanaged and not individualized to the patient and their needs. Opinions to management falls on deaf ears. Management is so out of touch with what bedside nursing and care is about. They do not even understand the concept. St Ritas is dying as a facility because of the lack of understanding or support from the management. Money, money, money is what they are about. How to cut costs and put more money into managements' pockets.
Care Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  EmergencyAugust 18, 2017
I believe in their mission and values. I feel administration is available and truly cares about the staff and wants to know more on how to help them improve patient care.
Housekeeping
Housekeeper Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHAugust 16, 2017
Good benefits and nice pay with friendly staff and nice enviroment. Advancement opportunities within company. Overall, relaxing and fun place to work.
A productive day
Epic Radiant and inpatient Consultant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 4, 2017
Efficiently supported clinicians to navigate through their clinical workflow on the hyperspace and trained nurses on post-op documentation workflow which makes me glad
Overall nice place to work
Phelbotomist (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHAugust 4, 2017
Its a nice place to work, the staff is great, very helpful and patient. The supervisors are what runs the staff away. They are very on fair to certain people, which is why a whole shift started quitting and seeking employment else where.
Pros
The staff is great
Cons
Managament is horriable
Very forward thinking employer
Manager, St. Rita's Occupational Health (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 30, 2017
I have had an excellent experience in my management role. The support I have been given has made a tremendous difference in my success. Throughout many changes, I have felt that I am supported in my decision making processes.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
Very busy environment
Nice place to work.
NUTRITION AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHFebruary 15, 2017
This company is a great place to work and the many different things that St. Rita's Medical Center can offer you. As an employed of St. Rita's I love that I get to meet many different people and engaging with the nurse, techs, and doctors.
Pros
Getting to know the patients, nurses and doctors
Cons
Seeing families hurting due to a love one
Subway
Nationally Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHFebruary 11, 2017
Working at Subway was ideal during high school and it was good to have extra money while still in high school. Management was great and willing to work with you.
Good place to work.
Behavioral Access Clinician (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 3, 2017
Working in a hospital provides an opportunity to learn the process from admission to discharge related to mental health patients, services and the treatment process.
Pros
working with professionals
Cons
stressful
Have worked in different positions at SRMC and have always been treated fairly and with respect. I have always enjoyed working for them.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHNovember 28, 2016
A very good place to work. Supervisors were always willing to listen to suggestions on how to make working conditions better and to run more effeciently.
Pros
Staff was always friendly and willing to help out if needed.
Cons
Some days due to heavy workload, did not take a break.
Nice company to work for
Billing, Secretary, Med- Tech (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 13, 2016
I loved working for St.Rita's. I worked there for 14 years, I had a back operation and then the couldn't place me in a job when I went off short term disability. I know a lot of things have changed there, but I loved my co-workers, the moral was great and I enjoyed my job.
Hectic
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHFebruary 15, 2016
People are ok, seems to be a competion among employees attention. Many seemed to be concerned with climbing the ladder.
Very productive and teaches you alot about the medical field.
State Tested Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHNovember 15, 2015
Overall it is a nice place to work. The co-workers and management are wonderful to work with. Sometimes, it does seem to be about the money, but in order to make a business work it money is an important piece of it, but I've never seen patient care suffer. The most enjoyable part of my job is the new people I meet and working so close to the patients.
Pros
There are good incentives and recognition when earned.
Cons
Being a huge corporation some things get lost in the mix.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHSeptember 14, 2015
I wirken in many units at this facility. All of which are very good. They offer a lot of increased trainging programs and have a great benefits package.