St. Rita's Medical Center Employee Reviews

Subway
Nationally Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHFebruary 11, 2017
Working at Subway was ideal during high school and it was good to have extra money while still in high school. Management was great and willing to work with you.
Have worked in different positions at SRMC and have always been treated fairly and with respect. I have always enjoyed working for them.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHNovember 28, 2016
A very good place to work. Supervisors were always willing to listen to suggestions on how to make working conditions better and to run more effeciently.
Pros
Staff was always friendly and willing to help out if needed.
Cons
Some days due to heavy workload, did not take a break.
Good place to work.
Behavioral Access Clinician (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 3, 2017
Working in a hospital provides an opportunity to learn the process from admission to discharge related to mental health patients, services and the treatment process.
Pros
working with professionals
Cons
stressful
Very productive and teaches you alot about the medical field.
State Tested Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHNovember 15, 2015
Overall it is a nice place to work. The co-workers and management are wonderful to work with. Sometimes, it does seem to be about the money, but in order to make a business work it money is an important piece of it, but I've never seen patient care suffer. The most enjoyable part of my job is the new people I meet and working so close to the patients.
Pros
There are good incentives and recognition when earned.
Cons
Being a huge corporation some things get lost in the mix.
Nice company to work for
Billing, Secretary, Med- Tech (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 13, 2016
I loved working for St.Rita's. I worked there for 14 years, I had a back operation and then the couldn't place me in a job when I went off short term disability. I know a lot of things have changed there, but I loved my co-workers, the moral was great and I enjoyed my job.
people are great
Patient Escort/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJuly 18, 2013
management is no good, expected to work moe and harder than others if you are any good. enjoyed the people and work but managment made it not worth it.
Pros
benifits were ok. consistant hours.
Cons
management no good. no security in jobs.
Enjoy the work I do here and my coworkers
STNA / Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHFebruary 2, 2015
Working on the ICU step-down , taking care of total patients can be stressful at times. Taking vitals twice in a 12 hour shift. Documenting intake and output twice per shift. ambulating, bathing , & transporting patients to and from procedures. Chart reviews, answering multiple phone lines. Directing visitors where they need to be. Making hourly rounds to insure that patients are safe.
Enjoy what I do and the people I work with. Its a great place to work.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
Hours
Behavioral services
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHNovember 13, 2014
The Company is going through several changes. Management micromanages and withholds information from staff till last minute. This has caused a sense of fear and insecurity amount the staff. The Patients and programming provided are very good. The Psychiatrist and majority of the staff genuinely care about the patients and each other. However management is under the microscope from corporate . As an employee you feel like a commodity and not a person. Always stretched to your limit and then some.
RN - CVICU (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHOctober 29, 2013
While working at SRMC I felt like part of a family of great individuals. The teamwork was always there!! Management was pretty good. Like most places the communication could use some work. The hardest part of my job was walking away. I moved away and had to leave this place behind. I usually looked forward to going to work. I worked there almost 10 years.
Pros
Education reimbersment, cafiteria discounts, Starbucks and walgreens in the lobby
Cons
cannot think of any
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHSeptember 14, 2015
I wirken in many units at this facility. All of which are very good. They offer a lot of increased trainging programs and have a great benefits package.
Hectic
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHFebruary 15, 2016
People are ok, seems to be a competion among employees attention. Many seemed to be concerned with climbing the ladder.
Educational Position
Executive Director/Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHOctober 28, 2014
Physician specialty's varied, which made billing, codes, insurance, and follow-up very interesting. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning the continual changing business of insurance billing. Also, the challenge of making sure the physicians received payment for their services.
Pros
Daily challenge
I love my job
RN Staff Nurse, Access Clinician I (BHI) (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJuly 7, 2014
When other nurses hear that I work psych and say 'Bless you'...I say back....'You work (fill in whatever), 'No, bless you!'. When I used to mentor LPN students at a previous job, I would tell them that they had just spent the last eight months becoming a nurse and if, after they got their first job, and if they didn't like it, that was no reason to quit nursing. Nursing has so many different types of jobs that if they didn't like hospital work, try an office or nursing home, if not pediatrics, maybe geriatrics. The list and examples go on and on. I have worked many different jobs myself until I found this one that I love. Yes, it has its downside just like all jobs do, but to actually make the breakthrough to just one patient makes it worthwhile, makes you feel like you have done something.
Pros
Co-workers that feel this way also
Cons
Federal cutbacks in mental health funding
Good
Nutrition Services (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 23, 2014
I would work anywhere from 4 to 8 hrs. a shift. Usually went in and delivered food, cooked or did the dishes. Everyone was very friendly. If nothing else was going on I would just clean. Learned how to better my job attendance.
Pros
Profit Sharing, Free Gym Equiptment
Cons
Hard for job advancement, Hard to get hired in
Rn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 1, 2013
A typical day includes patient care. Co-workers work well with each other and management has an open door. The hardest part is taking care of the difficult hard to understand situations. The most enjoyable part is seeing the joy in the families eyes.
Great place to work!
Patient Access Liaison/Patient Registration (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 6, 2015
Great place to work!
Very compassionate!
Pride themselves on patient safety and satisfaction!
Easily accessable management
efficient
Clinicals (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHOctober 18, 2014
● Monitored patient labs and vital signs for electrolyte imbalances and other abnormal findings.

● Coordinated with other members of the interdisciplinary care team to provide holistic care.

● Maintained insulin drips and provided PRN pain and blood pressure medications.

● Provided frequent education on medications and renal and diabetic diet.
● Organized patient care and med passes to allow patient’s time to rest.

● Monitored and recorded telemetry strips reported abnormal rhythms and occurrences promptly.

● Dressed surgical sites using clean and sterile techniques.

● Ambulated and repositioned patients using sternal precautions.

● Administered IV, PO, Sub Q, and IM injections.
volunteering
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHOctober 17, 2013
I worked as a volunteer in the Outpatient Rehab Dept as well as the Learning and Leadership Development Dept. I performed clerical duties such as filing, clearing out charts, and typing data into the computer system.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no benefits or pay as a volunteer
fun and exciting
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lima OhioSeptember 30, 2013
You are constantly going never a dull moment. Management and co workers all worked together to help patients.
I enjoy working here
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lima OHMay 14, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is my patients. I love seeing my patients improve and go home.
Recently it has become hard to care for my patients, as we have had short staffing, and some of my co-workers do not have the same work ethic I do. Some days the hardest part of my job is dealing with them.
Pros
Great physicians and support while I was in school
Cons
Short staffing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Rita's Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2