St. Rita's Medical Center Employee Reviews

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHSeptember 14, 2015
I wirken in many units at this facility. All of which are very good. They offer a lot of increased trainging programs and have a great benefits package.
Very nice place to work.
Patient Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJuly 28, 2015
I liked my managers and everyone else in the hospital. It was a very secure job and you had potential to work your way up. I did not care for some of my coworkers, but that is howevery job goes. The doctors, nurses, pastors, and just about everybody were very pleasant to be around.
Complex work environment
Lead Patient Access Liason (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 23, 2015
This company is a very commendable one where many people in the area work. It is however, very hard to get a job in this hospital.
I enjoy working here
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lima OHMay 14, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is my patients. I love seeing my patients improve and go home.
Recently it has become hard to care for my patients, as we have had short staffing, and some of my co-workers do not have the same work ethic I do. Some days the hardest part of my job is dealing with them.
Pros
Great physicians and support while I was in school
Cons
Short staffing
good work envriorment
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 4, 2015
i cleaned offices and patient rooms cleaned halls and floors laundry duties trash ect i had good supervisors and it was a great experience i learned a lot
Pros
good hours
Cons
na
Great 2nd/3rd shift work environment
Registered Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lima, OhioApril 27, 2015
I enjoy meeting new people and seeing new things everyday. The 2nd and 3rd shift work environment is very nice to work in. Everyone in every department work as a team.
Great place to work!
Patient Access Liaison/Patient Registration (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 6, 2015
Great place to work!
Very compassionate!
Pride themselves on patient safety and satisfaction!
Easily accessable management
Enjoy the work I do here and my coworkers
STNA / Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHFebruary 2, 2015
Working on the ICU step-down , taking care of total patients can be stressful at times. Taking vitals twice in a 12 hour shift. Documenting intake and output twice per shift. ambulating, bathing , & transporting patients to and from procedures. Chart reviews, answering multiple phone lines. Directing visitors where they need to be. Making hourly rounds to insure that patients are safe.
Enjoy what I do and the people I work with. Its a great place to work.
Pros
the benefits
Cons
hours
Behavioral services
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHNovember 13, 2014
The Company is going through several changes. Management micromanages and withholds information from staff till last minute. This has caused a sense of fear and insecurity amount the staff. The Patients and programming provided are very good. The Psychiatrist and majority of the staff genuinely care about the patients and each other. However management is under the microscope from corporate . As an employee you feel like a commodity and not a person. Always stretched to your limit and then some.
Educational Position
Executive Director/Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHOctober 28, 2014
Physician specialty's varied, which made billing, codes, insurance, and follow-up very interesting. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning the continual changing business of insurance billing. Also, the challenge of making sure the physicians received payment for their services.
Pros
daily challenge
efficient
Clinicals (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHOctober 18, 2014
● Monitored patient labs and vital signs for electrolyte imbalances and other abnormal findings.

● Coordinated with other members of the interdisciplinary care team to provide holistic care.

● Maintained insulin drips and provided PRN pain and blood pressure medications.

● Provided frequent education on medications and renal and diabetic diet.
● Organized patient care and med passes to allow patient’s time to rest.

● Monitored and recorded telemetry strips reported abnormal rhythms and occurrences promptly.

● Dressed surgical sites using clean and sterile techniques.

● Ambulated and repositioned patients using sternal precautions.

● Administered IV, PO, Sub Q, and IM injections.
nice place to work
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  labor and deliveryAugust 15, 2014
nice place to work. very nice co-workers, like my working environment
Pros
work 3 days off 4
Cons
have to work weekends
. (Current Employee) –  .July 16, 2014
Good place to get your foot in the door. friendly work enviornment.
I love my job
RN Staff Nurse, Access Clinician I (BHI) (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJuly 7, 2014
When other nurses hear that I work psych and say 'Bless you'...I say back....'You work (fill in whatever), 'No, bless you!'. When I used to mentor LPN students at a previous job, I would tell them that they had just spent the last eight months becoming a nurse and if, after they got their first job, and if they didn't like it, that was no reason to quit nursing. Nursing has so many different types of jobs that if they didn't like hospital work, try an office or nursing home, if not pediatrics, maybe geriatrics. The list and examples go on and on. I have worked many different jobs myself until I found this one that I love. Yes, it has its downside just like all jobs do, but to actually make the breakthrough to just one patient makes it worthwhile, makes you feel like you have done something.
Pros
co-workers that feel this way also
Cons
federal cutbacks in mental health funding
Good
Nutrition Services (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 23, 2014
I would work anywhere from 4 to 8 hrs. a shift. Usually went in and delivered food, cooked or did the dishes. Everyone was very friendly. If nothing else was going on I would just clean. Learned how to better my job attendance.
Pros
profit sharing, free gym equiptment
Cons
hard for job advancement, hard to get hired in
Poor balance between work and family.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  ICUJune 8, 2014
Poor balance between work and family. I'm an RN and have had to be at work 64 hours this past week between regular work hours and the extra trainings.
ALL ABOUT PATIENT SATISFACTORY SCAORES
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 29, 2014
BUSY, SPIT ON, BIT BY PATIENTS, LEARNED A GREAT DEAL OF HANDS ON EXPERIENCE, ENJOYED EMPLOYEES, BUT TOO BUSY WITH PATIENT WHO HAVE NO RESPECT FOR YOU AS A NURSE.
Many opportunities
RN (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 27, 2014
I'm an RN and have worked at St Rita's for 13 years. The hospital has many job opportunities available.
Pros
fun, secure
Cons
nothing
Customer Serivce Supervisor
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lima, OhioApril 1, 2014
 Manage the day to day operations: budgeting, employee education/development, staffing, resolve customer issues, monitor intake calls and retail sales, reporting data to public, measure key metrics for success, order intake, deliveries, walk-in business, cash intake, scheduling, charting, paperwork flow (from intake to billing the products to insurances), and communication between the billing department and HME. Work between departments to develop processes and reduce errors, increase productivity, utilize technology to improve productivity and perform continuous process improvement analysis. Interview new hires, orientation, training, performance appraisals, and coaching for improvement. Gather and interpret data to evaluate staff activities to ensure quality patient care, service, and efficiency. Create spreadsheets and analyze information to suggest changes for improvement (benchmarking, productivity trend and referral data). Communicate in highly sensitive situations (employee relation issues and patient complaints), communicate clearly with staff, peers, and management. Hold employee meetings and speak effectively in front of staff. Identify problems and initiate’s performance improvement processes to make changes and evaluate effectiveness, develop and maintain departmental policies, procedures, and processes. Ensure compliance with regulatory bodies, payer sources, and other appropriate agencies, read and interpret all regulatory guidelines. Recognizes and reports patient/staff safety and report within time frame, works with hospitals and other agencies to ensure timely  more... discharges, act as manager in charge in the absence of the manager.  less
staff nurse
Staff nurse for critical care floor (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHFebruary 26, 2014
My first real nursing job. I learned so much with the neuro floor and other critical care floors.

4.3