St. Rita's Medical Center

St. Rita's Medical Center Employee Reviews

good work envriorment
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee), Lima, OHMay 4, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: na
i cleaned offices and patient rooms cleaned halls and floors laundry duties trash ect i had good supervisors and it was a great experience i learned a lot
Great 2nd/3rd shift work environment
Registered Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Lima, OhioApril 27, 2015
I enjoy meeting new people and seeing new things everyday. The 2nd and 3rd shift work environment is very nice to work in. Everyone in every department work as a team.
Great place to work!
Patient Access Liaison/Patient Registration (Current Employee), Lima, OHApril 6, 2015
Very compassionate!
Pride themselves on patient safety and satisfaction!
Easily accessable management
Enjoy the work I do here and my coworkers
STNA / Secretary (Current Employee), Lima, OHFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: the benefits
Cons: hours
Working on the ICU step-down , taking care of total patients can be stressful at times. Taking vitals twice in a 12 hour shift. Documenting intake and output twice per shift. ambulating, bathing , & transporting patients to and from procedures. Chart reviews, answering multiple phone lines. Directing visitors where they need to be. Making hourly rounds to insure that patients are safe.
Enjoy what I do and the people I work with. Its a great place to work.
Behavioral services
Social Worker (Former Employee), Lima, OHNovember 13, 2014
The Company is going through several changes. Management micromanages and withholds information from staff till last minute. This has caused a sense of fear and insecurity amount the staff. The Patients and programming provided are very good. The Psychiatrist and majority of the staff genuinely care about the patients and each other. However management is under the microscope from corporate . As an employee you feel like a commodity and not a person. Always stretched to your limit and then some.
Educational Position
Executive Director/Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee), Lima, OHOctober 28, 2014
Pros: daily challenge
Cons: long hours
Physician specialty's varied, which made billing, codes, insurance, and follow-up very interesting. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning the continual changing business of insurance billing. Also, the challenge of making sure the physicians received payment for their services.
efficient
Clinicals (Former Employee), Lima, OHOctober 18, 2014
● Monitored patient labs and vital signs for electrolyte imbalances and other abnormal findings.

● Coordinated with other members of the interdisciplinary care team to provide holistic care.

● Maintained insulin drips and provided PRN pain and blood pressure medications.

● Provided frequent education on medications and renal and diabetic diet.
● Organized patient care and med passes to allow patient’s time to rest.

● Monitored and recorded telemetry strips reported abnormal rhythms and occurrences promptly.

● Dressed surgical sites using clean and sterile techniques.

● Ambulated and repositioned patients using sternal precautions.

● Administered IV, PO, Sub Q, and IM injections.
Enjoyable place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee), LimaH, OAugust 25, 2014
I enjoy working at SRMC. The pay is great and the people who work there are very nice.
nice place to work
Unit Clerk (Current Employee), labor and deliveryAugust 15, 2014
Pros: work 3 days off 4
Cons: have to work weekends
nice place to work. very nice co-workers, like my working environment
. (Current Employee), .July 16, 2014
Good place to get your foot in the door. friendly work enviornment.
I love my job
RN Staff Nurse, Access Clinician I (BHI) (Current Employee), Lima, OHJuly 7, 2014
Pros: co-workers that feel this way also
Cons: federal cutbacks in mental health funding
When other nurses hear that I work psych and say 'Bless you'...I say back....'You work (fill in whatever), 'No, bless you!'. When I used to mentor LPN students at a previous job, I would tell them that they had just spent the last eight months becoming a nurse and if, after they got their first job, and if they didn't like it, that was no reason to quit nursing. Nursing has so many different types of jobs that if they didn't like hospital work, try an office or nursing home, if not pediatrics, maybe geriatrics. The list and examples go on and on. I have worked many different jobs myself until I found this one that I love. Yes, it has its downside just like all jobs do, but to actually make the breakthrough to just one patient makes it worthwhile, makes you feel like you have done something.
Good
Nutrition Services (Former Employee), Lima, OHJune 23, 2014
Pros: profit sharing, free gym equiptment
Cons: hard for job advancement, hard to get hired in
I would work anywhere from 4 to 8 hrs. a shift. Usually went in and delivered food, cooked or did the dishes. Everyone was very friendly. If nothing else was going on I would just clean. Learned how to better my job attendance.
Poor balance between work and family.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), ICUJune 8, 2014
Poor balance between work and family. I'm an RN and have had to be at work 64 hours this past week between regular work hours and the extra trainings.
ALL ABOUT PATIENT SATISFACTORY SCAORES
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lima, OHApril 29, 2014
BUSY, SPIT ON, BIT BY PATIENTS, LEARNED A GREAT DEAL OF HANDS ON EXPERIENCE, ENJOYED EMPLOYEES, BUT TOO BUSY WITH PATIENT WHO HAVE NO RESPECT FOR YOU AS A NURSE.
Many opportunities
RN (Current Employee), Lima, OHApril 27, 2014
Pros: fun, secure
Cons: nothing
I'm an RN and have worked at St Rita's for 13 years. The hospital has many job opportunities available.
Customer Serivce Supervisor
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Lima, OhioApril 1, 2014
 Manage the day to day operations: budgeting, employee education/development, staffing, resolve customer issues, monitor intake calls and retail sales, reporting data to public, measure key metrics for success, order intake, deliveries, walk-in business, cash intake, scheduling, charting, paperwork flow (from intake to billing the products to insurances), and communication between the billing department and HME. Work between departments to develop processes and reduce errors, increase productivity, utilize technology to improve productivity and perform continuous process improvement analysis. Interview new hires, orientation, training, performance appraisals, and coaching for improvement. Gather and interpret data to evaluate staff activities to ensure quality patient care, service, and efficiency. Create spreadsheets and analyze information to suggest changes for improvement (benchmarking, productivity trend and referral data). Communicate in highly sensitive situations (employee relation issues and patient complaints), communicate clearly with staff, peers, and management. Hold employee meetings and speak effectively in front of staff. Identify problems and initiate’s performance improvement processes to make changes and evaluate effectiveness, develop and maintain departmental policies, procedures, and processes. Ensure compliance with regulatory bodies, payer sources, and other appropriate agencies, read and interpret all regulatory guidelines. Recognizes and reports patient/staff safety and report within time frame, works with hospitals and other agencies to ensure timely discharges, act as manager in charge in the absence of the manager.
staff nurse
Staff nurse for critical care floor (Former Employee), Lima, OHFebruary 26, 2014
My first real nursing job. I learned so much with the neuro floor and other critical care floors.
Housekeeper/Physical Therapy Tech (Former Employee), Lima, OHJanuary 7, 2014
I worked in numerous areas in the 10 years I was there, and I loved every minute of it!
loves working in the hospital.. like helping people in many different facets
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lima, OHNovember 16, 2013
Pros: helping and caring for people
Cons: many times no lunches or breaks
Learning hospital. always having workshops, lectures, staff meetings
loved the hospital atmosphere
RN - CVICU (Former Employee), Lima, OHOctober 29, 2013
Pros: education reimbersment, cafiteria discounts, starbucks and walgreens in the lobby
Cons: cannot think of any
While working at SRMC I felt like part of a family of great individuals. The teamwork was always there!! Management was pretty good. Like most places the communication could use some work. The hardest part of my job was walking away. I moved away and had to leave this place behind. I usually looked forward to going to work. I worked there almost 10 years.