St. Rita's Medical Center

St. Rita's Medical Center Employer Reviews

I love my job
RN Staff Nurse, Access Clinician I (BHI) (Current Employee), Lima, OHJuly 7, 2014
Pros: co-workers that feel this way also
Cons: federal cutbacks in mental health funding
When other nurses hear that I work psych and say 'Bless you'...I say back....'You work (fill in whatever), 'No, bless you!'. When I used to mentor LPN students at a previous job, I would tell them that they had just spent the last eight months becoming a nurse and if, after they got their first job, and if they didn't like it, that was no reason to – more... quit nursing. Nursing has so many different types of jobs that if they didn't like hospital work, try an office or nursing home, if not pediatrics, maybe geriatrics. The list and examples go on and on. I have worked many different jobs myself until I found this one that I love. Yes, it has its downside just like all jobs do, but to actually make the breakthrough to just one patient makes it worthwhile, makes you feel like you have done something. – less
Good
Nutrition Services (Former Employee), Lima, OHJune 23, 2014
Pros: profit sharing, free gym equiptment
Cons: hard for job advancement, hard to get hired in
I would work anywhere from 4 to 8 hrs. a shift. Usually went in and delivered food, cooked or did the dishes. Everyone was very friendly. If nothing else was going on I would just clean. Learned how to better my job attendance.
Poor balance between work and family.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), ICUJune 8, 2014
Poor balance between work and family. I'm an RN and have had to be at work 64 hours this past week between regular work hours and the extra trainings.
ALL ABOUT PATIENT SATISFACTORY SCAORES
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lima, OHApril 29, 2014
BUSY, SPIT ON, BIT BY PATIENTS, LEARNED A GREAT DEAL OF HANDS ON EXPERIENCE, ENJOYED EMPLOYEES, BUT TOO BUSY WITH PATIENT WHO HAVE NO RESPECT FOR YOU AS A NURSE.
Many opportunities
RN (Current Employee), Lima, OHApril 27, 2014
Pros: fun, secure
Cons: nothing
I'm an RN and have worked at St Rita's for 13 years. The hospital has many job opportunities available.
Customer Serivce Supervisor
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Lima, OhioApril 1, 2014
 Manage the day to day operations: budgeting, employee education/development, staffing, resolve customer issues, monitor intake calls and retail sales, reporting data to public, measure key metrics for success, order intake, deliveries, walk-in business, cash intake, scheduling, charting, paperwork flow (from intake to billing the products to insurances), – more... and communication between the billing department and HME. Work between departments to develop processes and reduce errors, increase productivity, utilize technology to improve productivity and perform continuous process improvement analysis. Interview new hires, orientation, training, performance appraisals, and coaching for improvement. Gather and interpret data to evaluate staff activities to ensure quality patient care, service, and efficiency. Create spreadsheets and analyze information to suggest changes for improvement (benchmarking, productivity trend and referral data). Communicate in highly sensitive situations (employee relation issues and patient complaints), communicate clearly with staff, peers, and management. Hold employee meetings and speak effectively in front of staff. Identify problems and initiate’s performance improvement processes to make changes and evaluate effectiveness, develop and maintain departmental policies, procedures, and processes. Ensure compliance with regulatory bodies, payer sources, and other appropriate agencies, read and interpret all regulatory guidelines. Recognizes and reports patient/staff safety and report within time frame, works with hospitals and other agencies to ensure timely discharges, act as manager in charge in the absence of the manager. – less
staff nurse
Staff nurse for critical care floor (Former Employee), Lima, OHFebruary 26, 2014
My first real nursing job. I learned so much with the neuro floor and other critical care floors.
Great place to work!
Housekeeper/Physical Therapy Tech (Former Employee), Lima, OHJanuary 7, 2014
I worked in numerous areas in the 10 years I was there, and I loved every minute of it!
loves working in the hospital.. like helping people in many different facets
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lima, OHNovember 16, 2013
Pros: helping and caring for people
Cons: many times no lunches or breaks
Learning hospital. always having workshops, lectures, staff meetings
loved the hospital atmosphere
RN - CVICU (Former Employee), Lima, OHOctober 29, 2013
Pros: education reimbersment, cafiteria discounts, starbucks and walgreens in the lobby
Cons: cannot think of any
While working at SRMC I felt like part of a family of great individuals. The teamwork was always there!! Management was pretty good. Like most places the communication could use some work. The hardest part of my job was walking away. I moved away and had to leave this place behind. I usually looked forward to going to work. I worked there almost 10 – more... years. – less
volunteering
Volunteer (Current Employee), Lima, OHOctober 17, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no benefits or pay as a volunteer
I worked as a volunteer in the Outpatient Rehab Dept as well as the Learning and Leadership Development Dept. I performed clerical duties such as filing, clearing out charts, and typing data into the computer system.
Nothing bad to say
Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Lima, OHOctober 14, 2013
Pros: nice work environment
Cons: weekend work
Good place to work. Could have used al ittle more training in registration.
fun and exciting
housekeeping (Former Employee), Lima OhioSeptember 30, 2013
You are constantly going never a dull moment. Management and co workers all worked together to help patients.
Faith based hospital
Nutrition Ambassador (Current Employee), Lima, OHSeptember 10, 2013
They are good to employees. I love the personal interaction with patients.
Community Hospital
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee), Lima, OHJuly 23, 2013
Pros: bonuses, gifts, employee banquets
Worked in the Utilization Review Department in the inpatient area reviewing patients charts for insurance and governmental compliance by using CMS guidelines: Interqual and Milliman guidelines. Verbal and written reviews were given to insurance companies for approval and denial reimbursement.
people are great
Patient Escort/Team Leader (Former Employee), Lima, OHJuly 18, 2013
Pros: benifits were ok. consistant hours.
Cons: management no good. no security in jobs.
management is no good, expected to work moe and harder than others if you are any good. enjoyed the people and work but managment made it not worth it.
review
Tech Support/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lima, OHJuly 17, 2013
Excellent place to work if you want to multitask and keep busy. The environment changes but keep an open mind and you will like it.
RN
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lima, OHApril 1, 2013
A typical day includes patient care. Co-workers work well with each other and management has an open door. The hardest part is taking care of the difficult hard to understand situations. The most enjoyable part is seeing the joy in the families eyes.
Good Work Environment
Learning Management Assistant (Current Employee), Education DepartmentDecember 12, 2012
Good Work Environment.
Friendly Staff.
Fitness Center on site for 24 hour use.
I did my externship there and it was great
externship (Former Employee), Lima, OHSeptember 26, 2012
Got to visit alot of the departments. I feel I got to have a hand over the rest because of the training I got there