ST. ROSE HOSPITAL

ST. ROSE HOSPITAL United States Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment. keeps you guessing.
Environmental Services Aide (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Typical work day would en tale stocking my cart and making sure i had everything necessary to complete my daily tasks.

I learned how to manage my time efficiantly so i could be 10 places at once. In the beginning it was rough to adjust to the different areas i was responsible for but, at the end of my tenure at St. Rose I was extremely confident in my work and knew my areas like the back of my hand.

Management and myself never really saw eye to eye on how to accomplish cetrain tasks but we always found a reasonable conclusion.

My co-workers had to be the best thing about this job. Everyone was so friendly. From the Doctors to
worked on the med surge unit
thriving and dynamic (Former Employee), hayward, calDecember 10, 2014
It was okay. the patients were given in a timely manner. well compensated for work performed. A bit too ethnicly lopsided as most hospitals these days are.
friendly staff.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee), Hayward, CAOctober 15, 2014
I used to enjoy coming here all the staff are friendly and really helpful.
Friendly environment with a wonderful staff that is willing to teach
Nurse Intern (Former Employee), Hayward, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: very good learning environment, a very nice staff.
I participate in the plan of care of the patients while providing compassionate care in a safely manner.
Productive and fun workplace
Radiology Department Intern (Former Employee), Hayward, CAOctober 3, 2014
A typical workday would be greeting all the people I saw in the office, fold letters into envelopes and take them to the mail room along with anything else in our output mail box and come back with any mail there was, if any. Fax important patient documents, answer telephones but since I was an intern, I'd only take down messages, or put on hold until a secretary could answer the call. Make CD's with a patient's results and mail them to different hospitals or departments in the hospital. Everyday, I learned how to do something different in their computer program that they had for all their patients, St. Rose was the start of learning how to develop my people skills, I learned how to answer phones and small talk with people. The management was great. Everyone always knew what they were doing. My "co-workers" were amazing people, I loved talking to them and I got along so well with them. The hardest part of this internship was answering phone calls because it was usually someone calling with a lot of questions that I knew nothing about since I wasn't taught or trained on it. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling trusted and sent to different offices to work on important patient reports, also, I got the chance to explore the different rooms of the Radiology Department. I have many favorite moments in this internship, but I loved getting to witness procedures when patients said it was okay for me to watch them. And their cafeteria had delicious food.
PBX
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Hayward, CAAugust 18, 2014
It could've been fun if I didn't have to work by myself in a little room. Friendly people in the hospital, but I was extremely bored sitting in a room by myself for the whole entire shift.
Productive and Good team work environment!
Kitchen Helper (Current Employee), Hayward, CAJune 26, 2014
Pros: we got free meal every time we work on our schedule.
Its a good working environment working people with a team player, helping each other, learning a new day to day basis with my co- workers, manager always help out anything e need to cope up with any differences, sometimes we work over time when the census is really high but we always make it up, a good team work make the job easier.
only prn
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Hayward, CAApril 15, 2014
Only prn but overall a good place to work. I was only there PRN and only for a short time.
fast paced environment with enjoyable coworkers
Unit Assistant (Current Employee), Hayward, CADecember 9, 2013
Pros: great medical job experience.
Cons: staffing and hours are all over the place. sometimes you get cancelled, sometimes you get called in to work extra
a typical day consists of a high volume of outside phone calls as well as inhouse and patient calls. excellent customer service is a must. I have learned how to multitask. Many different personalities from both doctors, nurses, allied health technicians and administration. The hardest part is staying on top of all the tasks. the most enjoyable part of the job is that it is busy so the day goes by fast and many great friends i have made at work. My bosses are very nice and very approachable with any issues or comments i have.
Large hospital
Registered Dietitian, CNSC (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 26, 2013
Changing management and company culture.
Excellent compensation.
Good hospital
Help Desk Support (Former Employee), Hayward, CAAugust 2, 2013
Good place to work. Coworkers were always helpfull and each day was a new learning experience.
Wonderful Therapists
REGISTRATION CLERK (Current Employee), Hayward, CAJune 23, 2013
Pros: massage from the therapists
Cons: new administration not communicating well with the new plans
Work with exceptional Hand Therapists, the hospital is reducing our hours so therefore I need to find a new job or P/T job to supplement my income. Working with team players is a must for me. The most enjoyable part of my job has been the reapore I have with our patients and team work with the Therapists.
Working
Lab. Technician (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 2, 2013
Supervisor and Managment Needs Major Improvement! But overall its a great Hospital to work for!
Preceptee
Nursing Preceptee (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJanuary 15, 2013
Was in the Family Birthing Center, which is a mixed maternity unit with Antepartum, Labor and Delivery, and Postpartum Care. The Nurses were great, the unit was a bit dated, and mostly Medi-cal Clients.
The respiratory staff work to stay current with the latest respiratory proceedures.
Staff Respiratory Therapist RRT/RCP (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJuly 11, 2012
Pros: good benifit package and free meals for working staff on certain major holidays.
Cons: you care for pediatrics in er but there is no pediatric department.
Receiving your workload then report as you begin treatments or ventilator care depending on what area you are working for the shift. You will be drawing and reporting ABG's. Management is the most fair with staff that I have ever worked with. The most difficult part of the job is having a busy shift and then breaking the workload up for the next shift.
The best part of working at St. Rose Hospital was working with the incredilbe staff. They are so knowlegdable that it is a breeze to work with them. They also know how to laugh at themselves and with others making the place a joy to work in.
Working in the ED Dept. at St.Rose everyday was different! I worked with a great medical team!
Unit Support (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJune 19, 2012
Pros: working with a great team!
Cons: sometimes when it is really busy, the stress level is a little high!
I enjoyed my work experience at St Rose, met many good people! The nurses are a great group who work to take care of their patients and also are good to each other!
No matter how busy the team was there for each other! I am a team player and I like to help out where ever I can.
I try everyday to make the best of what is going on around me.
It is nice to go and be with people who are fun to be around!
best healthcare facility for everyone, great customer service
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Hayward, CAMarch 30, 2012
working for this company was great. I enjoyed every moment of it.
And loved to help all in need.

About ST. ROSE HOSPITAL

St. Rose Hospital offers both semi-private and private accommodations. Each room is equipped with a remote-controlled television – Read more