ST. ROSE HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Excellent team work
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 17, 2017
I learned different skills that helped me become a better therapist. The hospital in general is a good place to learn and grow. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you know that you are one of those that helped and reached out for the betterment of patients.
St. Rose Hospital is a great place to work
Section Lead Microbiology Dept (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 2, 2017
Worked with great lab and hospital staff which I considered family. Room for advancement is minimal, work environment is good. Management at that time was great . Enjoyable part of the job is working with excellent laboratory professional.
Productive and fun workplace
Unit Clerk - Emergency Department (per diem) (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 23, 2016
Good place to start your career. Small but busy Emergency room. Lot of new people to meet. A lot of people have gained experience in our hospital and left to better jobs.
excellent place to work
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CANovember 16, 2016
st. rose rehab is an excellent place to work. staff members are helpful, friendly, willing to share knowledge. friendly staff and management to work with
Pros
better place to learn and work
Enjoy working with others.
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 26, 2016
Enjoy working with others. Team leader and can follow directions of superiors. Quick learner with good people skills. Hard worker and always on time.
It pays well, but as a lot of places, it is suffering some major budget cut backs and ratios are maxed out with no ancillary help.
Registered Nurse, Maternal Child, Postpartum Unit (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 1, 2016
It has been a good place to work in general. After the collapse of the economy in 2009-2010 we have all seen the budget cut backs go into swing. Bonuses were cut, food quality went way down. Now it is even worse. They are still laying people off or redistributing people to different units to save money. We are maxed out on my unit and have no help. No CNA or task nurse. The charge and secretary are too bogged down with other tasks to help much. Clocking out even 10 minutes late gets you a phone call at home about poor time management, etc...
Pros
High pay!
Cons
Budget cuts!
Nice place to work
HIM / Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 21, 2016
St Rose Siena is a very fast pace and can be very stressful at times. At anytime you could be working alone and having to do 3 jobs at one time. It has given me time to learn to be more patient with others.

I have gained lot's of experience at St Rose it has made me a more compassionate person for others who are struggling with an illness or a certain decision towards their care.

The hardest part of my job is having to speak with parents who have just lost a baby. I have great compassion for them and what they are going through or a parent who is struggling with the quest of giving their baby up for adoption.

I love working with the new Mothers and their babies in helping them with the paper work for Birth Certificates.
It is such a joy to see new Parents and the happiness they are having with their first baby and how worried they are. I always am happy to help them in any way that I can to make the paper work much easier for them to fill out.
Over all I love my job it's caring about other people, stressful and wonderful all at the same time.
Pros
Love working with the new Parents and Babies.
Cons
Not always easy dealing with death.
This is what i love to do
Quality Improvement Intern (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 8, 2016
My dream come true, i always wanted to work in a hospital, seek the needful and help the society.
Best job so far in my professional career.
Started work at St. Rose hospital as a house keeper.
Janitorial work and housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 22, 2015
I began working at St. Rose hospital as a house keeper and started at the bottom. I worked my way up to being a team lead and learned how to make schedules, how buff and was the floors, and leadership skills. I actually took a leadership course. Daily I completed tasks of cleaning up the facility, doing laundry, and learned how to clean professionally.
Pros
Learning leadership skills.
Cons
Jelousy of coworkers. I worked extremely hard and my coworkers did not like that I was promoted.
No room for advancement or growth
Irrelevant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 27, 2015
Not EEOC by any means. Never adequately posts new or open positions, current employees never given an opportunity for career advancement or growth unless they are related or of a certain culture, reverse discrimination, nepotism even under new management. New management prefers to push everyone out so they can hire fresh degrees at minimalist pay. Although they claim it is not a Stanford or other large hospital organization, the reality is that it is and you are "just a number" or just a warm body occupying a seat. No loyalty to loyal employees and have "found" ways to fire those who have been there 20-35 years to force them out and place the position with family or friends. Cafeteria food is HORRIBLE and pray they do not feed it to the patients.

Want to know more about ST. ROSE HOSPITAL?

Ask a question
High quality and successful healthcare service
MA Externship Silva Pediatric Medical Clinic (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 11, 2015
Everyday at St. Rose is a new experience. St. Rose Hospital gave me the opportunity to explored around different health departments.
I learned to care about the community health, they tough me how to loved and served our people in a equal and professional manner. Co-workers are great, friendly and very professionals. Nothing is hard when you like what you do. I enjoyed every single day I worked in this hospital. The most enjoyable is to help those who need you.
Excellent staff Horrible Management
RN II (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 2, 2015
The nursing crew has a high turnover rate because management is horrible. They are unable to keep qualified and experienced staff on board because the benefits and pay suck and there is no room for advancement. Management is a joke. Luckily the nurses are unionized. I would never recommend working here unless you are a new nurse and need experience.
Pros
They hire new nurses.
Cons
Management sucks, no room for growth
Excellent Student Technologist
Student technologist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 1, 2015
Was a viable piece for an enthusiastic addition to any Radiology Dept.
Potables,
Worked well with others
ICU, CCU
Care of "Ostomises"
Fluoroscopy exams.
Pros
Team Player, Reliable, Communications are great
Cons
Could always work on pt care and privacy, in hospital setting.
Fast paced environment. keeps you guessing.
Environmental Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Typical work day would en tale stocking my cart and making sure i had everything necessary to complete my daily tasks.

I learned how to manage my time efficiantly so i could be 10 places at once. In the beginning it was rough to adjust to the different areas i was responsible for but, at the end of my tenure at St. Rose I was extremely confident in my work and knew my areas like the back of my hand.

Management and myself never really saw eye to eye on how to accomplish cetrain tasks but we always found a reasonable conclusion.

My co-workers had to be the best thing about this job. Everyone was so friendly. From the Doctors to
worked on the med surge unit
thriving and dynamic (Former Employee) –  hayward, calDecember 10, 2014
It was okay. the patients were given in a timely manner. well compensated for work performed. A bit too ethnicly lopsided as most hospitals these days are.
friendly staff.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 15, 2014
I used to enjoy coming here all the staff are friendly and really helpful.
Friendly environment with a wonderful staff that is willing to teach
Nurse Intern (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 9, 2014
I participate in the plan of care of the patients while providing compassionate care in a safely manner.
Pros
Very good learning environment, a very nice staff.
Productive and fun workplace
Radiology Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 3, 2014
A typical workday would be greeting all the people I saw in the office, fold letters into envelopes and take them to the mail room along with anything else in our output mail box and come back with any mail there was, if any. Fax important patient documents, answer telephones but since I was an intern, I'd only take down messages, or put on hold until a secretary could answer the call. Make CD's with a patient's results and mail them to different hospitals or departments in the hospital. Everyday, I learned how to do something different in their computer program that they had for all their patients, St. Rose was the start of learning how to develop my people skills, I learned how to answer phones and small talk with people. The management was great. Everyone always knew what they were doing. My "co-workers" were amazing people, I loved talking to them and I got along so well with them. The hardest part of this internship was answering phone calls because it was usually someone calling with a lot of questions that I knew nothing about since I wasn't taught or trained on it. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling trusted and sent to different offices to work on important patient reports, also, I got the chance to explore the different rooms of the Radiology Department. I have many favorite moments in this internship, but I loved getting to witness procedures when patients said it was okay for me to watch them. And their cafeteria had delicious food.
Pbx
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 18, 2014
It could've been fun if I didn't have to work by myself in a little room. Friendly people in the hospital, but I was extremely bored sitting in a room by myself for the whole entire shift.
Productive and Good team work environment!
Kitchen Helper (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 26, 2014
Its a good working environment working people with a team player, helping each other, learning a new day to day basis with my co- workers, manager always help out anything e need to cope up with any differences, sometimes we work over time when the census is really high but we always make it up, a good team work make the job easier.
Pros
We got free meal every time we work on our schedule.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ST. ROSE HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.

ST. ROSE HOSPITAL Reviews by Location