ST. ROSE HOSPITAL Employee Reviews in United States

This is what i love to do
Quality Improvement Intern (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 8, 2016
My dream come true, i always wanted to work in a hospital, seek the needful and help the society.
Best job so far in my professional career.
Started work at St. Rose hospital as a house keeper.
Janitorial work and housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 22, 2015
I began working at St. Rose hospital as a house keeper and started at the bottom. I worked my way up to being a team lead and learned how to make schedules, how buff and was the floors, and leadership skills. I actually took a leadership course. Daily I completed tasks of cleaning up the facility, doing laundry, and learned how to clean professionally.
Pros
Learning leadership skills.
Cons
Jelousy of coworkers. I worked extremely hard and my coworkers did not like that I was promoted.
No room for advancement or growth
Irrelevant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 27, 2015
Not EEOC by any means. Never adequately posts new or open positions, current employees never given an opportunity for career advancement or growth unless they are related or of a certain culture, reverse discrimination, nepotism even under new management. New management prefers to push everyone out so they can hire fresh degrees at minimalist pay. Although they claim it is not a Stanford or other large hospital organization, the reality is that it is and you are "just a number" or just a warm body occupying a seat. No loyalty to loyal employees and have "found" ways to fire those who have been there 20-35 years to force them out and place the position with family or friends. Cafeteria food is HORRIBLE and pray they do not feed it to the patients.
High quality and successful healthcare service
MA Externship Silva Pediatric Medical Clinic (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 11, 2015
Everyday at St. Rose is a new experience. St. Rose Hospital gave me the opportunity to explored around different health departments.
I learned to care about the community health, they tough me how to loved and served our people in a equal and professional manner. Co-workers are great, friendly and very professionals. Nothing is hard when you like what you do. I enjoyed every single day I worked in this hospital. The most enjoyable is to help those who need you.
Excellent staff Horrible Management
RN II (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 2, 2015
The nursing crew has a high turnover rate because management is horrible. They are unable to keep qualified and experienced staff on board because the benefits and pay suck and there is no room for advancement. Management is a joke. Luckily the nurses are unionized. I would never recommend working here unless you are a new nurse and need experience.
Pros
They hire new nurses.
Cons
Management sucks, no room for growth
Excellent Student Technologist
Student technologist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 1, 2015
Was a viable piece for an enthusiastic addition to any Radiology Dept.
Potables,
Worked well with others
ICU, CCU
Care of "Ostomises"
Fluoroscopy exams.
Pros
Team Player, Reliable, Communications are great
Cons
Could always work on pt care and privacy, in hospital setting.
Fast paced environment. keeps you guessing.
Environmental Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Typical work day would en tale stocking my cart and making sure i had everything necessary to complete my daily tasks.

I learned how to manage my time efficiantly so i could be 10 places at once. In the beginning it was rough to adjust to the different areas i was responsible for but, at the end of my tenure at St. Rose I was extremely confident in my work and knew my areas like the back of my hand.

Management and myself never really saw eye to eye on how to accomplish cetrain tasks but we always found a reasonable conclusion.

My co-workers had to be the best thing about this job. Everyone was so friendly. From the Doctors to
worked on the med surge unit
thriving and dynamic (Former Employee) –  hayward, calDecember 10, 2014
It was okay. the patients were given in a timely manner. well compensated for work performed. A bit too ethnicly lopsided as most hospitals these days are.
friendly staff.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 15, 2014
I used to enjoy coming here all the staff are friendly and really helpful.
Friendly environment with a wonderful staff that is willing to teach
Nurse Intern (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 9, 2014
I participate in the plan of care of the patients while providing compassionate care in a safely manner.
Pros
very good learning environment, a very nice staff.
Productive and fun workplace
Radiology Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 3, 2014
A typical workday would be greeting all the people I saw in the office, fold letters into envelopes and take them to the mail room along with anything else in our output mail box and come back with any mail there was, if any. Fax important patient documents, answer telephones but since I was an intern, I'd only take down messages, or put on hold until a secretary could answer the call. Make CD's with a patient's results and mail them to different hospitals or departments in the hospital. Everyday, I learned how to do something different in their computer program that they had for all their patients, St. Rose was the start of learning how to develop my people skills, I learned how to answer phones and small talk with people. The management was great. Everyone always knew what they were doing. My "co-workers" were amazing people, I loved talking to them and I got along so well with them. The hardest part of this internship was answering phone calls because it was usually someone calling with a lot of questions that I knew nothing about since I wasn't taught or trained on it. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling trusted and sent to different offices to work on important patient reports, also, I got the chance to explore the different rooms of the Radiology Department. I have many favorite moments in this internship, but I loved getting to witness procedures when patients said it was okay for me to watch them. And their cafeteria had delicious food.
Pbx
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 18, 2014
It could've been fun if I didn't have to work by myself in a little room. Friendly people in the hospital, but I was extremely bored sitting in a room by myself for the whole entire shift.
Productive and Good team work environment!
Kitchen Helper (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 26, 2014
Its a good working environment working people with a team player, helping each other, learning a new day to day basis with my co- workers, manager always help out anything e need to cope up with any differences, sometimes we work over time when the census is really high but we always make it up, a good team work make the job easier.
Pros
we got free meal every time we work on our schedule.
only prn
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 15, 2014
Only prn but overall a good place to work. I was only there PRN and only for a short time.
fast paced environment with enjoyable coworkers
Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 9, 2013
a typical day consists of a high volume of outside phone calls as well as inhouse and patient calls. excellent customer service is a must. I have learned how to multitask. Many different personalities from both doctors, nurses, allied health technicians and administration. The hardest part is staying on top of all the tasks. the most enjoyable part of the job is that it is busy so the day goes by fast and many great friends i have made at work. My bosses are very nice and very approachable with any issues or comments i have.
Pros
great medical job experience.
Cons
staffing and hours are all over the place. sometimes you get cancelled, sometimes you get called in to work extra
Large hospital
Registered Dietitian, CNSC (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 26, 2013
Changing management and company culture.
Excellent compensation.
Good hospital
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 2, 2013
Good place to work. Coworkers were always helpfull and each day was a new learning experience.
Wonderful Therapists
REGISTRATION CLERK (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 23, 2013
Work with exceptional Hand Therapists, the hospital is reducing our hours so therefore I need to find a new job or P/T job to supplement my income. Working with team players is a must for me. The most enjoyable part of my job has been the reapore I have with our patients and team work with the Therapists.
Pros
massage from the therapists
Cons
new administration not communicating well with the new plans
Working
Lab. Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 2, 2013
Supervisor and Managment Needs Major Improvement! But overall its a great Hospital to work for!
Preceptee
Nursing Preceptee (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 15, 2013
Was in the Family Birthing Center, which is a mixed maternity unit with Antepartum, Labor and Delivery, and Postpartum Care. The Nurses were great, the unit was a bit dated, and mostly Medi-cal Clients.

ST. ROSE HOSPITAL Reviews by Location