St. Tammany Parish Hospital

St. Tammany Parish Hospital Employer Reviews

wonderful workplace
Processing Coordinator/Buyer (Former Employee), Covington, LAOctober 26, 2014
A great place to advance your skills and further your carrier. Beautiful hospital with state of art equipment.
Horrible management
Er (Former Employee), Covington, laSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: having a lunch break
Cons: sometimes manager would get mad if you went on lunch break and you were caught up on everything
To much favoritism. If manager didn't like you then she would try to make you quit which happened on several occasions. Gives full time employees overtime while prn is worked not at all. It was a very hostile environment to work in.
Ok
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Covington, LASeptember 17, 2014
This job was ok. If you didn't tell the higher ups your business they seemed to have a problem with you. :-(
Love working the staff
New Family Center Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Covington, LAMarch 5, 2014
The staff I worked with were wonderful. The treated you like family.
Great Hosptial
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Covington, LANovember 17, 2013
Pros: raises
Cons: unpredictable lunches
I met a lot of new people. I enjoyed this job. Venipunture, specimen collection, check in of specimens
food server/managers from hell
food server (Former Employee), covingtonSeptember 6, 2013
Worked there in 2010, and I will never recommend anyone to work in this terrible environment. Out of the enter food department besides the managers no one there was employed over a year. Due to a hostile working environment.This place was a high school full of immature, power hungry adults.
Former employee (Former Employee), CovingtonMay 22, 2013
Pros: many.
Cons: none.
Great team of skilled colleagues, highly recommended.
Friendly work environment. Good ratios. Family oriented.
Ever changing atmosphere
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Covington,LA.May 13, 2013
Pros: community driven
Cons: n/a
St. Tammany Parish Hospital is a good place to be employed. They are employee based as they do ask for their employees input on a regular basis via surveys.
Enjoyable job, friendly co-workers
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Covington, LAApril 9, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: super early work day
Typical day starts with drawing morning labs on all inpatients, and those in acute out-patient settings, and nursing home in area. Then the specimens are logged into the computer and distributed to the different medical techs in the lab for processing.

I learned a lot about the people I worked with. I also learned that I wanted to eventually pursue a career in nursing while working there.

Managed well. The day usually went by with few problems.

My co-workers there were awesome.

The most enjoyable part of my day was obtaining the specimens from the patients without harming them. Very few complained of even feeling the stick with the needle.

The hardest part was the hours I used to work, 4 am is when I had to clock in.
NICU
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Covington, LAApril 5, 2013
Pros: good schedules, friendly
Cons: supervisor on a power trip, threatening
Assignment are usually within reasonable limits. Staff is friendly. Immediate supervisor, not so good. Watch your back! Good doctors to work with. NNP are competent and work well with stafff.
Loved my job..Hideous Management Throughout
Administration Area (Former Employee), Covington-Main HospitalFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: non-profit, benefits (ft)
Cons: hour cuts, retaliation/favoritism issues, gossipy hr, low pay scales
Job duties were awesome even after the electronic medical record merge was implemented. Was a great place to work with great moral when I started in 201 and a great benefit package. Due to excessive shifts/hourly schedule cuts for FT employees, as well as PT/PRN, without pay raises moral/staff sank to low levels. Higher turnover due to favoritism, lack of protection from retaliation by most managers at various levels & departments, corrupt/gossipy HR department, constant expansions without hiring staff, & poor advancement opportunities have left many employees searching for greener pastures in the job market. I honestly would not recommend this organization to work for.
Started When I was 14 until 24 as Pharmacy Tech
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Covington, LADecember 16, 2012
This job was a blast to work for. I started when I was 14 the next week turned 15. I was a pharmacy tech and continued to work there for 10 years while I went to high school and eventually college. I met my wife there, she was a nurse, and I have tons of good memories there.
transporter
Food Service Transporter (Former Employee), Covington, LADecember 13, 2012
I really enjoyed working at the hospital in the food services department. I was able to see and meet a lot of people as well as visit patients.
Great environment
Food Service Transporter (Former Employee), Covington, LAAugust 9, 2012
The hospital was an amazing place to work. The environment was nice and friendly. The staff that I worked for was great.
productive and fun place to work
Phlebotomist, Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Covington, La.March 16, 2012
Pros: great lunch room, breaks when you need it.
Cons: i had a 2 hr drive to work and back everyday.
I enjoyed working at St Tammany hospital.I enjoyed the people I worked with. My supervisors were very nice and easy to work for and with. I worked on every shift in the hospital and at the out-patient clinic at the Dr. office. I learned a lot from this hospital and it's people.