St. Tammany Parish Hospital Employee Reviews

RN (Former Employee) –  Covington VaAugust 29, 2017
The atmosphere was very cut throat and clickish. The staff didn't welcome people who wasn't from their region. The management went downhill after my hiring manager left due to politics.
Great environment
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAJuly 17, 2017
I only left this job because it was not paying enough per hour. Other than that, I absolutely loved my job!! I was able to learn a great deal about cardiology and cath lab procedures.
Pros
cafeteria on site, great environment
Cons
low pay for LPN
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAJuly 6, 2017
I really enjoyed working there. I left because I moved to another state. Good management and great coworkers. Pay was low, benefits were decent. Advancement possible
Pros
Small community feel
Cons
low pay
Lead Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAJune 20, 2017
Always felt supported by administration. Sense of pride with all of staff. Good teamwork and unity with staff. Always felt as if my job was rewarding and necessary.
Pros
Free lunches
Different from Retail
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAJune 19, 2017
Not as stressful versus retail. Hospital has a different type of stress .If you do not like staying in the Pharmacy you can go on the floors. Versus retail you are stuck in a small area. You can also learn with IV and the different medications in the hospital.
Productive workplace
House keeper (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAJune 12, 2017
Great place to work. Productive environment and great benefits. Good pay and great people to work with. I highly recommend this place to work at. It has potential for advancement.
Second job as RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAMay 19, 2017
I was living across the lake at the time. Another small friendly hospital where you knew all of the coworkers. Family environment.
Left hospital when I moved to South shore.
Awesome
CNA (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAMay 18, 2017
Love my job, the staff, and the patients. Love coming into work and seeing all the bright smiley faces. Happy to be here. awesome work environment and happy.
A Place to Settle Down
Tenured Employee (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAMay 8, 2017
The relationships and culture of this organization make it the place you want to call home for the rest of your career. The only reasons to leave are for money and career advancement. If you love what you do and just want to do it well for people whose hearts are in the right place, this is just the place to land and take root. If you're looking to advance, build a career and achieve great acclaim, this is not that kind of environment.
Pros
Mission, caring leadership, hearts in right place
Cons
Small, stability-focused
Seemed like a great place at first, then I met my Supervisors
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAApril 7, 2017
I was only here for a couple days as a new Phlebotomist. I had heard great things about this hospital and I have always come here for my medical needs. The head of the department seemed very nice, then I worked full days at the out patient clinic and my trainer was anything but supportive. She had nothing but negative things to say about the hospital. She basically made me terrified to work there. Her and the other trainer were looking for other jobs while training me and were warning me about how bad the pay is compared to other places and about how it is impossible to advance. I was hired on as Part-time but was told I was expected to work Full-time hours without full-time pay and benefits.
Pros
good benefits if you are full-time
Cons
everyone hated their job. Bad environment for new employees
Excellent Leadership Team
Nursing Leader (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAApril 5, 2017
Leaders are visionary and work to resolve health care issues as a collaborative team. Value employees and providing safe, quality patient care. I have grown as a nurse leader because of exceptional mentoring within the ranks of nursing leaders!
Pros
High Tenure rate, Team Environment, Excellence in Patient Care
Excellent
S Wallace, LPN (Former Employee) –  Covington, LA 70433February 22, 2017
For over 5 years I worked at this hospital, awesome is all I can say. If I could pick this facility up and move it and move it, I would. When I moved to North Louisiana, I have often missed my co-workers and the teamwork of the staff of 2 East. More seasoned nurses would educated the fresher nurses when I particular case occurred as well as some physicians. Management encouraged staff to improve and increase their knowledge and go back to school and offered incentive programs.
Pros
incentive programs, teamwork, atmosphere, many more
Cons
short breaks
Overall Summary
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAJanuary 27, 2017
Dynamic, results-oriented, and highly motivated health care professional who has 10+ years of health care expertise and the proven ability to remain calm in crisis situations. Possess excellent leadership skills and is capable of working as a team player. Reputation as a self-directed professional with strong confidence in providing outstanding health care to a wide range of patients in a hospital setting. Additionally, is highly educated with completion of her Doctorate of Nursing Practice. Interfaces well with patients and their families in a personable, caring, and professional attitude. Communicate clearly and effectively with diverse populations in written and verbal formats. Equipped with an excellent work ethic and a strong sense of responsibility.
Terrible Management
ER Nurse (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAJanuary 22, 2017
Worst job ever. Untrustworthy staff and upper management. No room for advancement. Unskilled staff. Ineffective management throughout. No employee loyalty.
Great environment to work in
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Covington, LADecember 31, 2016
St. Tammany is a wonderful place to work. The hospital atmosphere is very welcoming the minute you enter the facility. The staff there are very friendly. They helped my acclimate to a new facility easily.
Pros
Great work environment
N/a
LPN/ Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Covington, LADecember 23, 2016
Everyday is a different experience. The hardest part about the job was working with the different types of personalities. The most enjoyable part is seeing the satisfactory ratings for my unit and knowing was able to meet my patient's needs
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay
Stph
Assist the nursing staff (Current Employee) –  Covington, LANovember 4, 2016
Overall STPH is a pretty nice place to work. The benefits and pay could be better. The night shift is always short staffed, but the staff always works with it. The staff is pretty good about always helping each other out and working as a team.
A secure place to work
ED Coder (prn) (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAOctober 12, 2016
My work day was to punch in, sit quietly and read/code medical records. Management was great and she kept the work environment
lively by having frequent pot lucks and meetings that were informative and fun.
Management is a huge problem at Stph
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAMay 18, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Stph for several years until a change in our department management occurred. Our team worked very well together and even did things outside the office after hours for fun. When the new administrator started, this person basically started "cleaning house"...getting rid of awesome long time employees to hire friends/former co-workers that do mediocre work. Morale is at an all time low...employees feel as if they're walking on eggshells with all the closed door secret meetings. Supervisors treat employees in a condescending way. And don't even bother complaining to HR or the higher-ups because it's a shady deal all around & nothing ever gets done.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Management is terrible, poor employee morale, poor pay scale
It was what I expected
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAMay 5, 2016
Typical day a work was very busy which was great. I learned the importance of the patience. I put myself in there place of how I wanted to be treated. Management didn't listen nor did there care about the employees. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was to have everything posted for that day. When i was released they hired 2 people for the position. But they wouldn't do it for me. I loved my job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Tammany Parish Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Tammany Parish Hospital Reviews by Location