St. Tammany Parish Hospital Employee Reviews

Stph
Assist the nursing staff (Current Employee) –  Covington, LANovember 4, 2016
Overall STPH is a pretty nice place to work. The benefits and pay could be better. The night shift is always short staffed, but the staff always works with it. The staff is pretty good about always helping each other out and working as a team.
A secure place to work
ED Coder (prn) (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAOctober 12, 2016
My work day was to punch in, sit quietly and read/code medical records. Management was great and she kept the work environment
lively by having frequent pot lucks and meetings that were informative and fun.
Management is a huge problem at Stph
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAMay 18, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Stph for several years until a change in our department management occurred. Our team worked very well together and even did things outside the office after hours for fun. When the new administrator started, this person basically started "cleaning house"...getting rid of awesome long time employees to hire friends/former co-workers that do mediocre work. Morale is at an all time low...employees feel as if they're walking on eggshells with all the closed door secret meetings. Supervisors treat employees in a condescending way. And don't even bother complaining to HR or the higher-ups because it's a shady deal all around & nothing ever gets done.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Management is terrible, poor employee morale, poor pay scale
It was what I expected
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAMay 5, 2016
Typical day a work was very busy which was great. I learned the importance of the patience. I put myself in there place of how I wanted to be treated. Management didn't listen nor did there care about the employees. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was to have everything posted for that day. When i was released they hired 2 people for the position. But they wouldn't do it for me. I loved my job.
Productive ER
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAApril 21, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed my experience while working at STPH ER. I was able to increase my medical knowledge before attending PA school.
The most underpaid nurses on the Northshore
RN Staff (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAApril 1, 2016
We work short ALL THE TIME. It's not even safe much of the time. We are constantly given more responsibilities-- taking care of the critically ill of the hospital, responding to codes, rapid responses, STEMI alerts, stroke alerts, and now traumas. We have been given no compensation for any of this. Lakeview, the Heart, and even North Oaks all pay better. There is no value placed on employees or even the safety of the patients for that matter. It is all about the money!! They will expect you to take an unsafe assignment and never do anything to get help in to staff. They refuse to use agency or pay extra to their own nurses to staff the place. If management doesn't like you they will make your life miserable and retaliate against you if you speak up by changing your schedule or giving you bad assignments. There is no communication from the manager. You never see administration. So many unethical things at this hospital. It's really sad because the nurses truly care about the patients and we want it to be better.
Pros
Good teamwork amongst nurses and compassionate nurses
Cons
Management is horrible and pay is pitiful
employees worked as team.
Sterile processing technician, posting clerk (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAMarch 27, 2016
Management needed to know the daily operations and functions of our dept. Management could not just come in and take over without being properly trained. Workload was too much for the amount of employees employed. Worked at this employment for 22 years.
Fun place to work, great joy to serve the patients
Chef/Food Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAFebruary 10, 2016
Loved this job was great but the managment and i didnt see eye to eye. Other than that it was a fantastic job. Jobs included preparing mass amounts of food and yet follow critical instruction.
Pros
job security and consistant pay checks
Cons
management
Very professional company
Internal Consultant Revenue Integrity (Former Employee) –  Covington, LASeptember 15, 2015
Start day at 8:30 end 4:30. In my time their I was able to learn more billing codes by helping in other departments set up billing codes. Management was very professional and helpful. Hardest part- I never had enought time in the day to complete what I set my goal for the day.
I enjoyed working with the STPH employees.
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAAugust 26, 2015
I enjoyed working with the patients of STPH. Verifying insurance information, and scheduling. I learned a great deal about health insurance benefits.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Short lunches
I enjoyed working at STPH.
RN - NICU (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAJuly 2, 2015
I worked in the NICU with very intelligent and welcoming staff. I enjoyed taking care of sick newborns and pre-term infants as I had in the past.
If you like Negativity
Surgery (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAJune 12, 2015
If you like Negativity and drama this is your place! Poor management skills with absolutely no compassion at all. If you aren't part of the click then they will find a way to get rid of you. What amazes me is that trouble makers stay and the good workers go. The money seems to be more important than the patient.
Fast paced- enjoyed the job
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAApril 7, 2015
Evening Shift was very busy at times. Must like interaction with public since you deal with so many different people. Hardest part of the job was that it wasn't family oriented.
Pros
Accrue PTO over time
Cons
Doesn't work well with family time
Helpful and relxed work place.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAMarch 27, 2015
Great weather conditions because you are inside. It's a calm work place. I learn how to communicate with people better. My co-workers are all really friendly and talkative. The hardest part of my job is the pace you choose. You can over pace or under pace. The most enjoyable part of my job is beig apart of something great.
Pros
incentive checks
Cons
Can't really think of anything negative honestly.
enjoyed the people
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAMarch 22, 2015
I enjoyed working at the hospital, I wished that I could have stayed but wasnt able to do the shift they need me to due to the fact I had a small chlid.
Clean, organized, friendly work environment, saving lives
LPN (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAMarch 20, 2015
Impact a patient and their family's lives. I do just about everything from vital signs, IVs, telemetry, labs, monitor blood glucose, foleys, I&Os, NG tubes, PEGs, wound vacs, medications, soarian charting, cpoe, codes, etc
Pros
love st tammany
Cons
pay is not as good as LTAC
Productive, great learning environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAMarch 17, 2015
I enjoyed working at the hospital because it was very productive and fast paced. It was easy to see the impact of the work I did and how the patients appreciated the work I completed. My co-workers helped me to grow in learning medical social work and were very intelligent and informative. The hardest part of the job was seeing the patients in pain and suffering and the family upset with the situation. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the work I did impact the patients positively. I learned self-care and interpersonal skills while finding placements and talking with the patients.
Pros
Great experience
Great Place to Work
Hospital Biller (Current Employee) –  Covington, LANovember 12, 2014
great place to work luv it .... Great co workers the work Hours are great the building is cool
wonderful workplace
Processing Coordinator/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAOctober 26, 2014
A great place to advance your skills and further your carrier. Beautiful hospital with state of art equipment.
Horrible management
Er (Former Employee) –  Covington, laSeptember 21, 2014
To much favoritism. If manager didn't like you then she would try to make you quit which happened on several occasions. Gives full time employees overtime while prn is worked not at all. It was a very hostile environment to work in.
Pros
having a lunch break
Cons
Sometimes manager would get mad if you went on lunch break and you were caught up on everything

2.8