St. Thomas Employee Reviews

Productive and great compay
Assistant to Supervisor, Pueblo Longbay (Current Employee) –  Charlotte Amalie, VIAugust 8, 2015
Working for Frenchtown Deli & Coffee Shop was a good experience for me. I was introduced to lovely co-workers that turned into friends. Typical day was answering the phones and taking customers orders. I learned how to make a coffee, espresso, do salads and sandwiches. Cut and weighed meat and cheese products. Hardest part of the job was making sure I got the customer orders right and I enjoyed very bit of it
Religious Education 1st GradeTeacher
1st Grade Sunday School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILMay 18, 2015
I would start class by having the students all say a prayer. Then we would read a chapter assigned for the week. One by one I would have each student read a paragraph in the chapter. I would lead a class discussion about the chapter. Then I would have the students work on an activity or craft related to that specific chapter.
Get to learn the deciplines of every aspect of construction.
Energy Inspector / Plan Reviewer (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, VIMarch 19, 2015
I perform inspections on photovoltaic (PV) systems on residential & commercial properties. I will first make contact with the vendor, then they will take me to the site. Immediately I will go on the roofs to make sure the solar panels are secured correctly. Verify there are no expose wires, access to every panel, and there are sufficient slopes in them. Next I will check the inverters; (verifying the AC & DC). Base on my inspection I will say if it pass or fail. The hardest part of the job is know your life is at risk every time I perform the inspection. Truthfully I really don't like heights but its part of the job.
Pros
i get to work under minmum supervision.
Cons
safety is an issue. going on roofs; my life is at risk for every inspection.
Very Hard Hard Day EVEYDAY
Cashier/Food Handler/Stocker (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas USVIMarch 17, 2015
Management don't care. THEY DONT
Typical day would be ok, sometimes an 8 hour shift, or maybe 2 our shift . minimum wage 7.25. No raise, No benefits, NO NOTHING. Hardest part of work would be dealing with mean customers. Enjoyable part of the job is clocking out lol
Pros
Cons
management
good for life but no upward mobility
Director (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAFebruary 12, 2015
the place is great for work, nice and friendly the only problem is that there is no upward mobility and the pay is not good enough
Excellent on the job training and support
Immigration Inspector, USCBP (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 9, 2015
Very high paced with a high volume and variety of tasks required. What I enjoyed the most was the opportunity to assist visitors, returning aliens, and US citizens providing an excellent customer service experience while upholding and enforcing the laws of the United States.
Very exiciting work place
Messenger/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. ThomasJanuary 16, 2015
Working on St. Thomas at Kelvin's Taxi Service I interacted with the tourist on a daily basis telling them about the Virgin Islands and coordinating different sightseeing tours.

Working at Merchant Market, I learned to read and pull orders for delivery to the different stores/restaurants. I was a delivery helper who enjoyed interacting with my fellows co-workers on a daily basis.
It worked for me.
Office Assistant/Courier (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, VIDecember 29, 2014
Worked at my own schedule, usually, or as needed.

I learned a lot about working with customers in different environments.

No coworkers. Management was very competent, knew her business and all aspects of it.

Hardest part of the job was that it wasn't full time and business got slow sometimes. Best part was the fact that I was able to spend much time with my children.
Productive Work enviornment
V.I. Economic Development Authority (Current Employee) –  Nisky CenterOctober 30, 2014
This is a good company to work for if you are comfortable with not being able to advance within the company.
Organist
Organist/Pianist/Choir Director (Current Employee) –  Brandon, VTOctober 30, 2014
I totally enjoy providing music for St. Thomas community, the church group is friendly and warm. My responsibilities is to review the weekly bulletins forward over the internet from the Rector, then to practice and prepare for Sunday worship and mass. I, also, am organist for funerals of parishioners.
Pros
warm, inviting and uplifting community. i am thankful for this position.
Cons
non
education
desk clerk (Former Employee) –  florida miamiSeptember 30, 2014
i worked for my school was great little job . i did work study ,i worked in one of the dorms
Pros
everything
Cons
high tuition
Great place to be.
Intern Receptionist, Lieutenant Governors (Former Employee) –  Charlotte AmalieSeptember 18, 2014
I love St. Thomas,afterall that is wear I am from, and most of my family still resides there. For the beautiful water on the beaches to the great food and hospitality that the island serves
see above summary
Registered Nurse pulmonary (Former Employee) –  nashville tnJuly 13, 2014
see above review. Management fair excellent staff education.
Productive and exciting.
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  United States Virgin IslandsJuly 2, 2014
There is nothing more exciting than being able to serve and protect.
A workplace that can achieve great productivity and progress with the right balance of leadership, moral and appreciation for its employees.
Environmental Assessor (Current Employee) –  Dept. of Planning & Natural ResourcesJune 13, 2014
My day includes conducting site inspections at small businesses where I provide technical assistance and audits to their standard operating processes. I have learned about the impact of bad management practices in certain industries and the adverse effects they have on the environment. Management has failed to provide the necessary and required trainings to ensure that employees are adequately equipped with the right tools to do their jobs. My coworkers have been nothing short of amazing. We pool together to share knowledge and support to each other to achieve the Division's goal. Doing a job with minimal formal training. Working with people who are not afraid to share their knowledge and experiences with other people.
Pros
meeting people, doing community outreach, making presentations to the public, helping business owners to come into compliance with the applicable environmental laws
Cons
lack of continuous trainings and certifications, lack of appreciation by management
Love my job
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte Amalie, St.ThomasJanuary 26, 2014
Co workers we friendly, environment was pleasant. my boss was amazing, it was basically work and get it done, but don't stress.
Pros
we were like family
Cons
lunch break was work time also
East End Lumber & Hardware
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anna's RetreatDecember 28, 2013
A typical day of work I would have to say is just another learning experience. In all, I have learned how to deal with people when it comes to attempting to sell company products, I have also learned the true meaning of patience and I must say I learned alot about myself and the sales position on a whole. Management were stiff at making sure things went smooth on a day-to-day basis. My co-workers took some time to understand but once I did I was able to accommodate them as well as help customers while working as a team or individually. The hardest part of the job for me would be managing time to make both employers and the customers happy. Sometiimes at work it was so fast-paced that you just wouldn't know what to do and when to do it. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you gave satisfactory customer service to customers in need and seeing the smile on their face and knowing that they will come back looking for you as a result.
Pros
learning about different hardware and house building/renovating materials
Cons
really fast-paced work at times
Pleasant experience, had the opportunity to do a lot of out reach. Lots of room to grow in the profession.
Relief Worker/Group Facilitator (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas USVIAugust 27, 2013
It was a nice place to work
Administrative Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Tutu Park MallJune 13, 2013
I learned how to deal with the heavy flow of customers and work on a timed basis
Challenging
Secondary education Teacher (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, VIMay 23, 2013
Getting support is difficult at times. Also the daily interactions definitely strengthens your interpersonal communication.