St. Thomas Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and great compay
Assistant to Supervisor, Pueblo Longbay (Current Employee) –  Charlotte Amalie, VIAugust 8, 2015
Working for Frenchtown Deli & Coffee Shop was a good experience for me. I was introduced to lovely co-workers that turned into friends. Typical day was answering the phones and taking customers orders. I learned how to make a coffee, espresso, do salads and sandwiches. Cut and weighed meat and cheese products. Hardest part of the job was making sure I got the customer orders right and I enjoyed very bit of it
Religious Education 1st GradeTeacher
1st Grade Sunday School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILMay 18, 2015
I would start class by having the students all say a prayer. Then we would read a chapter assigned for the week. One by one I would have each student read a paragraph in the chapter. I would lead a class discussion about the chapter. Then I would have the students work on an activity or craft related to that specific chapter.
Get to learn the deciplines of every aspect of construction.
Energy Inspector / Plan Reviewer (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, VIMarch 19, 2015
I perform inspections on photovoltaic (PV) systems on residential & commercial properties. I will first make contact with the vendor, then they will take me to the site. Immediately I will go on the roofs to make sure the solar panels are secured correctly. Verify there are no expose wires, access to every panel, and there are sufficient slopes in them. Next I will check the inverters; (verifying the AC & DC). Base on my inspection I will say if it pass or fail. The hardest part of the job is know your life is at risk every time I perform the inspection. Truthfully I really don't like heights but its part of the job.
Pros
i get to work under minmum supervision.
Cons
safety is an issue. going on roofs; my life is at risk for every inspection.
Very Hard Hard Day EVEYDAY
Cashier/Food Handler/Stocker (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas USVIMarch 17, 2015
Management don't care. THEY DONT
Typical day would be ok, sometimes an 8 hour shift, or maybe 2 our shift . minimum wage 7.25. No raise, No benefits, NO NOTHING. Hardest part of work would be dealing with mean customers. Enjoyable part of the job is clocking out lol
Pros
Cons
management
Very exiciting work place
Messenger/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. ThomasJanuary 16, 2015
Working on St. Thomas at Kelvin's Taxi Service I interacted with the tourist on a daily basis telling them about the Virgin Islands and coordinating different sightseeing tours.

Working at Merchant Market, I learned to read and pull orders for delivery to the different stores/restaurants. I was a delivery helper who enjoyed interacting with my fellows co-workers on a daily basis.
Excellent on the job training and support
Immigration Inspector, USCBP (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 9, 2015
Very high paced with a high volume and variety of tasks required. What I enjoyed the most was the opportunity to assist visitors, returning aliens, and US citizens providing an excellent customer service experience while upholding and enforcing the laws of the United States.
It worked for me.
Office Assistant/Courier (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, VIDecember 29, 2014
Worked at my own schedule, usually, or as needed.

I learned a lot about working with customers in different environments.

No coworkers. Management was very competent, knew her business and all aspects of it.

Hardest part of the job was that it wasn't full time and business got slow sometimes. Best part was the fact that I was able to spend much time with my children.
Organist
Organist/Pianist/Choir Director (Current Employee) –  Brandon, VTOctober 30, 2014
I totally enjoy providing music for St. Thomas community, the church group is friendly and warm. My responsibilities is to review the weekly bulletins forward over the internet from the Rector, then to practice and prepare for Sunday worship and mass. I, also, am organist for funerals of parishioners.
Pros
warm, inviting and uplifting community. i am thankful for this position.
Cons
non
Good place to work, and learn new things.
Research Librarian Aid/ Clerical Services (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 12, 2012
Typical day is alway working with doctors, co-workers, customers, managers, VIP, Nurses, keep very busy. Manager is good help out she was one-on-one. talks to you about other stuff then work.
co-worker team-player. nice place to work. Some days is not alway go smoothly you have unhappy customers and co-worker disagree. I enjoy this job
because everybody help everybody. It enjobable when we get togather at lunchtime.
Pros
good manager, co-workers, good hours, friendly.
Cons
something we disgree on things.
This was one of my most rewarding jobs.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  St.Thomas Virgin IslandsMarch 15, 2013
A Typical day at the office consist of tons of Administrative work, meetings and field visits. Most of my employees were volunteers which was a good thing, they were willing to help in many areas. The hardest part of the job was turning applicants back due to a lack of property.
Pros
the misson of the agency
Cons
the lack of property to build more homes
good for life but no upward mobility
Director (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAFebruary 12, 2015
the place is great for work, nice and friendly the only problem is that there is no upward mobility and the pay is not good enough
Fast pace, hardworking, and lots of humor
Executive Administrative Admin Professional (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, U S Virgin IslandsMay 9, 2012
Great place to work!! Hardest part of the job are when people don't appreciate the hard work we do. What I've learned - Do your best at all times.
Pros
networking, lunch in the park, work in the heart of town, stroll on the main street on lunch breaks!
Cons
work late nights
Great place to be.
Intern Receptionist, Lieutenant Governors (Former Employee) –  Charlotte AmalieSeptember 18, 2014
I love St. Thomas,afterall that is wear I am from, and most of my family still resides there. For the beautiful water on the beaches to the great food and hospitality that the island serves
Unique and cool place
Chef Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIJune 9, 2012
Typical day at work involved helping customers and attending to their needs. I learned to deal with rough customers as well as rude customers. My co-workers were friendly and fun. The hardest part of the job was telling the supportive customers good bye.
Additional Governmental Experiences
Special Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, Virgin Islands USMay 23, 2013
It was a good office to work for but ethics was a major issue and so I resigned to continue a different professional respectfully.
Pros
international interactions and negotiation skills
Cons
ethical problems
Productive Work enviornment
V.I. Economic Development Authority (Current Employee) –  Nisky CenterOctober 30, 2014
This is a good company to work for if you are comfortable with not being able to advance within the company.
Pleasant experience, had the opportunity to do a lot of out reach. Lots of room to grow in the profession.
Relief Worker/Group Facilitator (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas USVIAugust 27, 2013
East End Lumber & Hardware
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anna's RetreatDecember 28, 2013
A typical day of work I would have to say is just another learning experience. In all, I have learned how to deal with people when it comes to attempting to sell company products, I have also learned the true meaning of patience and I must say I learned alot about myself and the sales position on a whole. Management were stiff at making sure things went smooth on a day-to-day basis. My co-workers took some time to understand but once I did I was able to accommodate them as well as help customers while working as a team or individually. The hardest part of the job for me would be managing time to make both employers and the customers happy. Sometiimes at work it was so fast-paced that you just wouldn't know what to do and when to do it. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you gave satisfactory customer service to customers in need and seeing the smile on their face and knowing that they will come back looking for you as a result.
Pros
learning about different hardware and house building/renovating materials
Cons
really fast-paced work at times
Love my job
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte Amalie, St.ThomasJanuary 26, 2014
Co workers we friendly, environment was pleasant. my boss was amazing, it was basically work and get it done, but don't stress.
Pros
we were like family
Cons
lunch break was work time also
St. Thomas is an Island not a job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte AmaileMay 19, 2013
St. Thomas is a beatiful Island owned by the u.s. It is relaxing a place to get away. I learned my culture in a positive eniviroment with positive people.