St. Vincent's East Employee Reviews

work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL 35235October 20, 2017
Good place to work could stand better management and more understanding.Very fast paced,some people friendly co workers and makes the day go by fast.just management
St Vincent's Is apart of a growing health system.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 8, 2017
It is a pleasant work environment. The benefits offered are great! The main goal at this facility is patient satisfaction.
If you are a good employee you will be secure in your position.
best coworkers and manager ever
OB/Tech-BCLS (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL 35235April 21, 2017
patient census has been falling d/t several factors ( unexpected death of our most prominent ob doctor) and other factors.i have been canceled many times lately and need to find a more stable position or supplement this job with part-time work.thanks for this opportunity.
Pros
best working culture in 42 years of nursing.
Cons
upper mgmt seems to be apathetic in re: to caring for employees.
A great place to work
Student Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 28, 2017
I learned how to work under nurses Physicians, how to answer the phone and setup appointments. Clean and stock rooms give injections check vital signs
Great company to work for.(touchpoint)
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 10, 2017
While working with this company I didn't have any bad experiences. There were issues with management but once the staff were replaced things ran smoothly.
Nurse manager
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 18, 2017
Very busy day consisted of managing staff, rounding on the units, staffing and employee and patient relations. This is was a great company, that offered career advancement.
Pros
family like atmosphere
Cons
distance
Overall St Vincent's East has been a great place to work
Case Manager- Medical and Behavior Health (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 11, 2016
I love my current job. I have been able to utilize UR/Discharge Planning experience form many case management models over the years. It is my desire presently to decrease my work hours to part time status.
Pros
Flexibility, a great boss
Cons
Need to reduce my work hours to part time
An excellent place to work!
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 23, 2015
We were always busy, from clock-in to clock-out. There is a great variety of work. Immediate management (close to the medical transcriptionists) was excellent. It seemed that upper management was not as good as the "lower" management. Co-workers were friendly and always helpful. The hardest part of the job was learning new terminology, but we had many, many samples to go by, and could access current work easily. The camaraderie in the office was excellent!
Pros
Good pay, good benefits.
Cons
Ultimately the medical transcription was outsourced.
My everyday work life
System Operator/Patient Account Rep (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 14, 2014
Well i come in in the mornings and get started on my work wright away.I register patients,verify insurance,answer phone calls,and ect. I learned how to really work as a team. The management is horrible. I enjoy each and evey last one of my co-workers. I really dont have a hard part on my job. I enjoy everything i do on my job.
Pros
1 hr lunch breaks
Cons
The management
I thoroughly enjoyed general surgery and my team lead position. Individuals in management and overall surgical knowledge is sub par.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 15, 2014
I enjoyed working alongside my surgical teammates, and physicians very much. The RN's, PCA's, and other ORT's in the surgical department are very intelligent, sincere, and all around a fantatsic group to work with. Stv East surgical management team, from the charge nurse and above needs to be replaced. They show favoritism, have horrible attitudes, and are an absolute misery to work for. Their inadequate overall surgical knowledge in conjuction with poor management skills is what created the hardest part of working at this particular facility. I loved everything about this establishment with the exception of surgical management team.
Productive place to work
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 2, 2014
An overall very good and prgressive company and lots of room for advancement
lovely staff
assist unit functioning (Former Employee) –  Pell City, ALJuly 26, 2013
I loved working here,the staffing coordinator worked with me when I was pregnant,the HR helped me enroll in school,it was excellent working there
Pros
excellent staffing
Cons
new nurses
Current Employee
Manager (Former Employee) –  ManagerJanuary 19, 2013
I am sure STV was a good place to work years ago, but it has gone down hill. Some of the things that go on there are unethical. For it to be "the place where babies come from", they don't think too highly of moms. Criticized for taking off with sick children. Witnessed way to much of this.
Great Hospital
Critical Care RN (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 19, 2012
Typical day was varied with good mix of cases
Leaned a great deal of caring for critically ill patients
management was seasoned and informed
co-workers were helpful and dedicated
Hardest part of job was myriad of illnesses
Most enjoyable part of job was helping those in need
Management cover-ups, extremely unethical
. (Current Employee) –  St. Vincent's BirminghamDecember 8, 2012
All managers in radiology and radiation oncology are extremely good friends. Manager tells employee confidential information to other staff members. This is strictly for St. Vincent's of Birmingham.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
unprofessional manager/ unethical management/ cover-ups.
Its a very challenging but interesting and enjoyable place to work.
MLT (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 4, 2012
The most rewarding and enjoyable part of the job is to hope I can help to make a difference in someone's life and to provide accurate lab results that help the physicians decide how to best treat their patients.
i rate 10 out of 10
Work in behavior tech. (Current Employee) –  behavior healthJune 14, 2012
I have a good day at work and nice co-worker ; my job is good and my patient is my most enjoyable part of the day.