ST. VINCENT'S HEALTH SYSTEM Employee Reviews

this is all the same company started 1988 left 2014
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 3, 2016
typical day - busy
learned a lot from working there
managed - enjoyed previous bosses
hardest part - leaving job due to job being relocated
most enjoyable - helping others
Pros
awesome place to work
Cons
leaving the place that I worked for so long
Strong, nurturing and positive culture
System Chief Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 15, 2015
The most enjoyable part of working for St. Vincent's is the system of values that are ingrained in the culture. Meetings are often lead with reflection and prayer. The associates identify with the mission and embrace these values.

The organization is on a very impressive financial trajectory over the past 5 years. Significant changes were put in place 5 years ago and in spite of numerous changes to the senior leadership team since that time, they have continued to produce results.

The most enjoyable part of working here is the opportunity to help people in our community that are vulnerable. Regardless if you are actually providing care to patients, you feel as if you are part of something important.
Pros
Faith based culture
Cons
Instability in senior management
A very live place to work, with an everyday applicable learning environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 5, 2015
On a typical day at work, I encounter large quantities of patients while exhibiting excellent customer service, ensuring that patients are seen promptly along with verifying patient information. I am skilled with training line staff; accomplished in fostering workplace harmony; and building productive interdepartmental relationships across all organizational levels. Other responsibilities include coding and insurance verification along with administrative tasks. Phlebotomy is done as assigned. At times the volume of incoming patients is great, however though experience, I have learned to handle these types of situations. The most enjoyable part is being able to care for patients on a one on one basis. Throughout my career, I have learned that different managers have different styles, I have learned to adapt to various management styles.
Pros
encouragement from managers and co-workers.
Numerous Duties, many positions over the years
Property Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaDecember 8, 2014
Last position of Property Assistant was handling all correspondence, answering phones, processing leases, handling all aspects of property management, I enjoyed being busy and dealing with the inter-related departments
Pros
excellent benefits, good working conditions
Team orientated, Patient Care.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 15, 2014
I go in with a flexible state of mind, knowing that anything can or will happen.
I've learned a great deal of things that i was unaware of.
As of right now my unit doesn't have a management team. However we all get things done accordingly, because we have great team work.
The hardest part of my job is getting attached to patients who on palliative care.
The most enjoyable part of my job is having a great team to stand behind me
Pros
health benefits, team work
Cons
short lunch break, working understaffed.
fun place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 14, 2014
I enjoyed my job getting to meet a lot of caring people an realize you never know how lucky u are until you wait on sick customers Im a people person an love to work in this field
Okay
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 27, 2013
It's very beneficial. Being an intern I learned how to help others, and many cooperate procedures.
Pros
pays for tuition
Cons
working in same office as supervisor
Worst experience with the most corrupt HR and Management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  BirminghamSeptember 24, 2013
Hesitant about STV initially, but horrible HR. Don't know what they are doing. The managers want to fire everyone and if you are a FAVORITE of some, you are okay.
Pros
cant think of any
Cons
corrupt, poor patient care and treatment, hostile place to work
Poor Management
Cancer Center (Current Employee) –  BirminghamApril 18, 2013
Hr and Management are below standard. Manager seems unsure o herself, depends on another to make decisions.
Pros
great staff
Cons
poor management
St. Vincent's is a great place to work
PARKING TRANSPORTATION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 25, 2013
Resolving issues and complaints
The new company wide system
Investigating complaints from customers
We work as a team and assist one another
Assisting in Valet during the busiest part
Working on the newsletter
Productive, Peaceful, Conducive to Learning and Helpful Environment
CPAR (Current Employee) –  ALMarch 20, 2013
Atypical day is fast paced to steady.
There is always something to be learned.
Management is professional and fair.
Coworkers are diverse, but pleasant.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting
new people and learning different things.
Pros
i have grown professionally and learned a tremendous amount.
Cons
flexibiliy in shifts
EA VP MKTG & COMM & VP OF PHY RECRUIT (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 15, 2013
Great people
Good benefits
Flexible schedules in some areas
Multiple locations
Many opportunities to advance
You have to be able to think fast on your feet.
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 29, 2013
A typical day consists of both incident( normal priority and emergency/ critical priority) and request tickets. Most of the time your day is consumed with so called "critical" priority tickets because of some random ticket that may arise. You may run into an epic move of equipment which has to be approved by some higher ups in the company and they don't know that it has to go through proper channels. What I have learned is how to install applications, image computers, and the ability to remote into a system and troubleshoot remotely. The hardest part of the job is not being able to find information on what you need to troubleshoot and repair an application installed on a system. Coworkers for the most part are friendly and knowledgeable.
Pros
self-governance, closeness to home, the ability to remote into a system on the network.
Cons
preferential treatment, lacsadaisical attitude toward pressing issues, physical moves of equipment, having to pay to get out of a parking deck
Great company for the the healthcare industry.
Full-time MT (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AlOctober 31, 2012
Great place to work. Adequate benefits and compensation plans.
Pros
ability to work from home
Cons
high potential to be outsourced.
Respect for all persons is demonstrated.
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 13, 2012
St. Vincent's associates are committed to the Mission of caring for all, especially those in need. Patients and staff are treated with respect and compassion. The staff is friendly and dedicated to excellent patient care.
Pros
liberal accrual of paid time off
Understaffed
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 10, 2012
Unsafe enviroment, were there were 1 Patient Care Assistant for 16 patients on a busy med/surg floor. Constantly understaffed and overworked.
Pros
skills obtained and experience
Cons
physical strain of work
Great place to work, catholic culture
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 1, 2012
Exceptional opportunities for mentoring and succession planning.
Please don't work at St. Vincent's. Corruption at its best! Management and HR.
Medical (Former Employee) –  BirminghamAugust 13, 2012
Management and HR are Way out of their leaque. They will LIE to protect theirselves and the hospital. Lawsuit from numerous employees. Nobody is going to lie under oath.
Social Workers beware!
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  BirminghamJuly 18, 2012
I was employed with St. Vincent's as a social worker and had truly found my DREAM JOB. It was a great place to work, I loved all my co-workers and patients. I was convinced this would be the job that I retired from.....until new management came in and LAID OFF every SOCIAL WORKER! They had decided to go to a "Case Management Model" and were going to only use RN's for the department. I was SO SHOCKED! I had just been invited to participate in a senior group leadership weekend and this TOTALLY blind-sided me. It is SO sad someone in management made such a terrible decision to let us all go, because we all loved our jobs so much. And now, they realize how valuable and how different RN's and Social Workers are in the healthcare setting.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
horrible management
good relationship with co-workers
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  3-4 westJune 5, 2012
making assignments, rounds,work the medication cart . one nurse to 7 patients for medication pass, dressing changes and etc. CNA's were difficult some times due to intense work/heavy lifting/bathing/feeding when staff was short due to call offs. the hardest part of my job was to have a fall free/no skin tears incidents or break down of skin on my unit. the most enjoyable part was when visitors/family member thank the staff for good care of their love one.
Pros
i had good people working with me (lpn)
Cons
had good food in the cafeteria

ST. VINCENT'S HEALTH SYSTEM Reviews by Location