St. Vincent's Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 15, 2016
bedside nursing for over 15 years in many different areas, loved the people and the patients that I cared for. Hardest part was how the nurses were always cut for money issues even though we are the ones taking care of the patients.
Enjoyable place to work
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 14, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of general nursing duties and charting those duties. I was always lucky enough to have very good management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when my assigned patients were equally ill. The best part of the job was the interaction with my patients and their families.
Pros
Ability to practice nursing in a major hospital.
Cons
Hard to get a break for lunch, often worked overtime.
Compensation and benefits were great
Laundry Processor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 8, 2016
Enjoyed the people that I worked with. It was a very team oriented place. The work it self was fun. Overall, it was a great place to work.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 7, 2016
Great for advancement. Requires hard-work and dedication. Must be willing to perform all job duties. Friendly Staff and co-workers
I was doing my clinical training.
Surgical Technologist Trainee (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 1, 2016
very fast pace environment .I was trained in a wide range of surgeries from simple to complex. I was trained hands on what I Did study in school, to set up the field and maintained the surgical area sterile. The hardest part of the job was the way we were assigned,we were not given the opportunity to learned and trained on general surgery vs laparoscopic orthopedics, by the time I was jumped from one to another they were specific things that were missed. many of the regular techs were obviously upset to have a new person to teach,some other were wonderful preceptors.
Pros
learned how to work in a very fast pace environment .
Cons
not a very student friendly place.
Residency
Pediatric Resident (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 14, 2016
While it was an intern year, when comparing notes with other residents around the country, none seem to think St. Vincent was well organized or able to help the residents cope well.
Hospitalist Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 14, 2016
St. Vincents Hospital is a pretty decent place to work. Each department is different so if you're lucky enough to work along good co-workers you'll enjoy.
Supervisor-Lisa Robinson (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 8, 2016
Environmental Service Technician:
Maintained cleanliness of provided areas.
Provided maintenance assistance as needed.
Maintained a pleasant environment for patients and their families to ensure them an outstanding experience in the facility.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
poor supervisor
Senior Financial Counselor
Health Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 6, 2016
I worked on Accounts Receivable. Collecting for payments for Cosmetic Surgeries. I went to patient's rooms that did not have insurance, and talked with them about their finances, and assisted them with insurance coverage, or indigent care.
Benefits
My heart, my soul, my second family, enjoy the spiritual aspects.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 2, 2016
I was born at St. Vincent's, went through Nursing School at St. Vincent's, and worked there for 33 years. I just recently early retired, and feel that from all my experiences at St. Vincent's I will be able to help others, leaving with an understanding of people, and life, knowing I want to continue to love, treat everyone to best of my abilities and in humility.
Pros
Spiritual respect for God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit
Cons
The Human Resource Department and Managers and some Doctors are not fair or respectful.
A great place to work!
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2016
You get to work with great psychiatrist, physicians, nurses, and social workers. It is a learning hospital the culture is great. I enjoy working with all staff.
Pros
learning hospital
Cons
lacks diversity
A great environment
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 16, 2016
A great hospital to work for. I enjoyed my experience there. I loved all of my patients and patient care. I would love to work for them again.
Productive, Fast Flow Environment
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMay 16, 2016
Came into contact with more than one hundred patients a day. Verified demographics and insurance. Directed patients to locations for proper procedures on a daily basis.
St. Vincent's Hospital
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 16, 2016
St. Vincent's Hospital was an opportunity for me to learn how patient admitting for hospitals run. A lot of the time people are unaware of how important the front employees of the hospital are.
Great place to get varied experiences for an audiology externship
Fourth Year Externship (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INMay 12, 2016
Excellent people to work with in audiology and PT. Everyone is very professional and they work as a cohesive team who have fun and work alongside one another as a family.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 12, 2016
I would clock into work and pick up a daily work sheet. After that I would patrol the hospital. The exciting part of the job is getting to meet new faces everyday.
I enjoy the people that I work with.
Education Coordinator, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 11, 2016
I've been given the opportunity to learn different things and grow as an individual. Some days are harder than other because my work flow is low so that can make for long days.
Front Desk Receptionist
OREGON EYES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 9, 2016
Scheduling and calling patients for follow up appointments.
Filing, sorting and taking calls from the patients. making sure that appointments are confirm and verified.
Pros
Good work atmosphere
Cons
doctors are racist
Wonderful Heathcare Facility
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 8, 2016
This was one of the most rewarding positions that I ever worked. I learned a lot about Human Resource Management in the Environmental Services area. I learned how to track patient rooms for cleaning and customer service.

I really enjoyed working with the men and women that made a pleasant, clean and beautiful hospital setting. St. Vincent's is one of the growing and beautifully kept facilities in the Birmingham, AL area.
Pros
Great work hours...
Cons
My oursourcement to Aramark Healthcare Management.
Good work environment
Patient care tech/ Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 3, 2016
I do not see any advancement for myself. It is a great company to work for. Great health benefits. I love working with people and helping them.

4.2