St. Vincent's Hospital Employee Reviews

excellent place to work
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 19, 2017
Enjoy working in the Emergency room providing for patient in need,
learned how to handle difficult situations in a daily basis,
long hours and long shift
Always improving
Medical Laboratory Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2017
St. Vincent take their time and ask your opinion and where they could approve. They do consider and value feedback and I do see changes in some areas. Knowing that they are working on how they could approve is always a plus.
Stable company
Executive Admin Asst/Patient Relations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 14, 2017
St. Vincent's Hospital is a great place to work. There are people that have worked at this facility 30 years or more and that says alot about a company when you have several employees that have stayed with a company for several years.
n/a
Patient registration Rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 12, 2017
st vincents is an enjoyable place to work at. Ive learned how to verify patients insurance and demographic information. most enjoybe part of the job I getting to meet and help out the patients
Great Volunteer Experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 12, 2017
It was an amazing experience being a Big Role Model considering I was the only one from my district to in the state of Arkansas to be one. I spent time with youth in their after school programs, did arts and craft as well as helped faculty. I met many new people and I recieved the opportunity to model for the first time ever after the program was over.
Pros
only for Juniors in High school
Cons
not many places to volunteer at
I don't want to work at st. Vincent
House keeping (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 11, 2017
I'm willing to relocate in Atlanta Georgia and work very hard in Atlanta Georgia. I'm looking to work in house keeping in Atlanta Georgia. I'm loving caring and kind and very helpful and respectful. I'm a single mom looking to work hard for my son.
Pros
A fix my own lunch
Cons
I have no health problems besides allergies
It is and ok place to work.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 6, 2017
My time at St. Vincent's was ok the people their was not that friendly some were and that is what you work with but if you do your job the day goes by fast and that how you make the day.
It's job where you get to meet such great people the staff is fun to work with but also competitive
HIM Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 3, 2017
Working for St. Vincent's allows everyone's talents to flourish,there desire to cultivate each of there employees's skills was very impressive to me their environment is empowering and positive.
great staff
OB surgical Tech (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 1, 2017
great staff, rewards good work. it was just to far a drive and I didn't want to work overnights anymore. They gave you WOW points that made you feel valued
Things can be better
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 30, 2017
Nothing is what it seems very transparent but not in a good way
Management to me was very deceptive and I couldn't wait until I found a better job, glad I did
An overall great place to work.
Emergency Department Support Service Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 28, 2017
A typical day is always anything but typical, expect extraordinary team effort in every level of this organization.Care and compassion can be seen in the effort of all who work in this environment.
Pros
Team excellence, great benefits.
Cons
Stressful environment, long hours.
Cath Lab Technologist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 24, 2017
Staff and management are the best. Fun place to work knowledgeable doctors. Many oppourtunities for advancement. Smaller community hospital that serves the less fortunate.
productive
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 24, 2017
I enjoyed working here. Though, in the beginning, I was finding it hard to adjust to working nights. With the help of my great coworkers, I was able to adjust quickly and easy.
Pros
Growth
Cons
The feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day.
Scheduler/Medical Order Processor-Pt Access (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2017
St Vincent Hospital is an okay place to work providing you find the right job. I enjoy the work I do, I just dislike to long drive to and from. A typical day at work for me starts at 6:30a and ends at 4:30p. I work on retrieving orders before patients arrive for their appointments. I ensure all necessary information is listed on the order and if required all necessary patient information regarding their health is included with the order. I learn something everyday in my job and I enjoy learning because it enhances my skills. I currently work with great managers and supervisors and they ensure that I have all the necessary training and tools to be the best at my job. I enjoy working with my co-workers and we truly work as a team. The hardest part of my job is getting the offices to send the correct information the first time around. The enjoyable part of my job is the feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day. I also enjoy having pitch-ins on a monthly basis to celebrate birthdays.
Wonderful atmosphere
Enter physician orders (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL 35215May 22, 2017
Enter orders from physicians in the ICU, make sure that the patients have their blood for transfusions, dietary is entered correctly, rooms are being cleaned correctly.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MA 01608May 18, 2017
Most enjoyable part was helping people by either helping them find where they needed to go or by making the lives easier on others by transporting equipment to the specified area. Nice staff.
Ok place
Environmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 14, 2017
Good plae to work at first , needs more communication between staff etc . Good pay good jours ,you can pick up good opportunity for school in pure future
Loved working with the patients and staff. Management not very good
CMA (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 14, 2017
West Grand Family Practice.
I learned a lot of skills here. My fellow co-workers were great in giving me information. 2 out of the 3 providers were very easy to get a long with, One of the providers very OCD and I was not the typical 30 year old. He didn't think I was fast enough. The management was hardly ever there. Mostly I liked working there but was shocked when they let me go prior to the end of my probation.
Pros
Patients
Cons
sometimes the nurses are short staffed and get no lunch
Fun place to work when it existed.
Health Instructor/Clinical coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2017
This hospital was a great place to work when it existed. St Vincents has been closed for the past seven years It gave the worker their independence to grow and develop. I wish it never closed.
Productive Team working environment
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 7, 2017
I enjoy working the people that work there and the way everyone works together to make shift run smoothly. Everyone has an important role and everyone takes care of each other workwise or personally if it is needed
Pros
everything
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Vincent's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2