St. Vincent's Medical Center Southside Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyed doctors and coworkers
ICU, IR, ENDO and PACU as registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaFebruary 21, 2015
Enjoyed, patients, doctors and nurses. Lots of diversity in patient care scenarios. Learned a variety of surgical post op needs.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Medical Technologist Generalist (AAB) (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 21, 2014
St. Vincent's Healthcare is a faith-based, not-for-profit health system. My fellow co-workers and the management team are very pleasant people that made me feel right at home from the very beginning. I have attained many individual skills from working at St. Vincent's Healthcare. I have learned to perform quality control and calibrations to ensure reliability and accuracy of test results. How to execute and analyze tests with critical thinking to prevent any errors that could have been missed on the surface. St. Vincent's has taught me to dedicate myself to the patients, to use the wisdom that I have gained to aid the physicians in diagnosing and treating any ailment or diseases the patient may have.
Pros
occasional free food and a short driving distance from home
Cons
short breaks and short staff
Busy, Busy, Busy
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 31, 2013
I learned to perfect my time management skills as well as my multitasking skills. I loved everyone I worked with. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the incoming PKU results. The most enjoyable part was seeing all the happy new parents.
Very good camaraderie on nightshift
Staff & Charge Nurse for the Neuro Floor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 17, 2013
Worked the Neurosurgical floor but about half the pt population was med/surg
4th Floor Management and ANMs are outstanding
The Neurologist & Neurosurgeons are wonderful to work with.
The epilepsy monitoring admits were my most enjoyable pts
Nice place to work
MRI tech (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 15, 2013
Nice place to work..good pt care. Cooperative co-workers. Good equipment
Pros
good benefits
Good Non-profit hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 6, 2012
Enjoyed working here however there are too many managers.
Very good physicians and nurses
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Start up Hsopital
Business Manager Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 27, 2012
Hectic, but what start up isn't? We took over the hospital from the Mayo Clinic and opened the OR from scratch. It was a confused mess at first, but we slowly got things running relatively smoothly. The problem was that right when we got things working, changes came down from corporate that made us change everything we had worked to achieve.
Steady going workplace
LINEN TECH (Former Employee) –  JACKSONVILLE,FLOctober 8, 2012
A typical day at work is processing linen, such as sheets, pillow cases,gowns, towels, spreads, blankets and washclothes toevery unit of the hospital. Some units require more linen than others. The job there was very repetitious nothing changed much about it. There were many different personalities when it came to my coworkers, for the most part I had an overall average good day year round .
Loved working with patients on the cardiac unit
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 18, 2012
I wowrked three 12 hour shifts per week caring for 4 to 5 patients a shift. I had worked obstetrics for 39 years before moving to the progressive cardiac care unit. I had to 'relearn' information I had not used before as this area was very different from what I'd been doing for so many years.

We usually had 4 to 5 RNs per shift with 27+ patients.
Rapid work flow scheduling out-patient radiology appts
Supervisor Central Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 18, 2012
I'm on the phones assisting staff with scheduling appointments for out-patient radiology appts. Running daily statics every half hour to determine the calls that are being abandonded due to staffing or long hold times. Counceling and coaching employee's when needed.

The hardest part of the job is having to terminate associates, regarding attendance or other circumstances.

Being a team player and assisting the schedulers with scheduling appts, or just being there for them to talk with regarding concerns they may have.
Pros
i'm a working supervisor and can see where the challenges are.
Cons
staffing when associates call out.
Songrapher
Supervisor Carol Rogers (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 15, 2012
Hospital job. Work in busy department with many other songraphers. Did all aspects of ultrasound. Worked nights and weekends too.
St Vincent's Medical Center
OB Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 30, 2012
Great place to work!! Loved the staff and mannagement!! Always provide hours for me when needed.
Pros
great team!!
Cons
no full-time position available
I rate st'vincent's at 9
Stress Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 18, 2012
Working at st.vincent's was great,the patient's aswell as the staff I have know regrets.
Pros
free lunch is nice.
Cons
shorts breaks are ok, because my patients are first always.
The work ethics can be challenging at times but I enjoy my co-workers.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 4, 2012
-I need to job with better business hours.
-I would like to advance but since I've only been in pharmacy a year I feel held back in some areas.
-The hardest part is dealing with change that was not brought to our attention before made.
-Management is okay their doors are always open.
-I enjoy working in a place I went to college for.
Pros
being off no later than 4:30 or 5pm daily
Cons
i want something mon-fri, with weekends off and paid holidays
had a nice cafeteria
Anesthesia Tech (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 1, 2012
Working there was alright most of the times, really liked the fact that they where faith based

4.4