St. Vincent's Medical Center Employee Reviews

It's a good place for starters
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 9, 2017
The ER is hectic. Its a great place to learn and fine tune your skills. But if you are not an adrenaline junky, you won't last very long. Very fast paced.
Great place for many experiences.
EKG Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 4, 2017
Constant interaction with patients and medical staff. Truly enjoyed working with the different personalities. Continuing education is very important to keep up with new interventions.
PRN position
Interoperative monitor Technician/EEG Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 4, 2017
I was not there very long, however I enjoyed my time there. Management was great. The patients were very nice. The workplace culture was fun and easy to work in. Overall it was a nice place to be.
Pros
It was a great place to work
Cons
It was mostly one tech working at a time
Not what it used to be
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 27, 2017
St.Vincent's used to be a wonderful place to work, but due to poor hospital management by administration, subsequently the employees and benefits there are sub par
psychiatry is wonderful
Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 17, 2017
Less family-like and more corporate than it was a few years ago, but still a great place to work.. I would recommend it to anyone as a place to start or complete your career.
Was only a student
Student RN Preceptee (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 14, 2017
Was only a student there briefly as part of my nursing clinical rotation. So I can not really speak on what it is like to be there as I was not there long enough to see
Good salary, beautiful location
Registered Nurse Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 14, 2017
I worked case management for this company for over a year. The compensation is above average. The management was so-so. There was little to no feedback on job performance until it was time for your annual review. Some people were taken aback by their scores because no one communicated there were issues with their work until the review. Management is not very open to changes or process improvements. They were not always responsive regarding daily routine issues either.

Overall, the company itself was ok to work for, however if you're not comfortable self managing and in some cases self learning, this may not be the company for you.
Pros
Above average salary. Covered parking. Beautiful location
Cons
Little to no growth opportunities. Absent or disengaged management
Working the 11-7am shift was non-sustainable
Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 11, 2017
The stat lab was under-staffed and there was a significant amount of dis-satisfaction with the Physicians in the emergency room and other critical areas.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Hours were not sustainable
Summary
Volunteer Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 17, 2017
This is a wonderful hospital to work at. It pushes your career forward with hard work doing several tasks at the St. Vincent's Hospital. There are several occupations. You can work in the NICU, hospital waiting rooms, surgical areas and other places.
Very happy to be here 20+ years
Office Coordinator/Admin Assistant to Exec Dir (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 15, 2017
I have been happy to be employed by St. Vincent's for the past 20+ years. We are a family and come together to accomplish our goals 100% of the time.
Fast paced, not for the weak at heart
ED BSN/RN (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 10, 2017
I enjoyed my time there but very busy and patient to nurse ratio 1 to 4-5 patient regardless of the acuity. Staff works together to help one another. Good learning environment.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
patio ratio
Enjoyable work environment.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 28, 2017
Very enjoyable work environment. St. Vincent's was the first facility I worked in after graduating from Nursing School. Great training from very knowledgeable staff, professionalism and overall a wonderful experience.
Enjoyed It
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 21, 2017
Can't really say anything bad about this Facility. Great employees and the CEO is always looking out for the Staff. Benefits are amazing but over the last few years the company has really taken over and it has began to fall apart.
Pros
Good Benefits; Great Hours; Amazing Staff
Cons
Turn over rates are fairly high, especially with the Executives in the Company
Great coworkers
Emergency Department Technician - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 21, 2017
My coworkers are awesome. Helpful, caring,real team players.
The company is going through rough times but will shine in the end!!!
All because of the great staff and good ER management
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
very low pay
Work environment
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 16, 2017
helpful employees.
busy
as much as I can
hardest part of the job is when it is busy and you are not able to complete your work task.
Pros
there are pros
Cons
there are some cons
Great entry level workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 15, 2017
Great entry level workplace
Great place for experience
12 Hour shifts
Good food
Great atmosphere
First time cna's this is a fast paced environment. Feel free to ask any questions. Staff is knowledgable and friendly.
Pros
Experience
Benefits
n/a
DIRECT CARE COUNSELOR- PART TIME (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 23, 2017
· Performs all necessary care and treatment of special needs consumers
· Medication and treatment administration
· Ordering and maintaining supplies and medications
· Scheduling and maintain client appointments
Not a place that puts family first
Assistant Care Provider/ Unit Clerk/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 20, 2017
Multi - task position – as Unit Clerk/Secretary I am the go to person for the Emergency Room. I make sure all Physicians orders are complete, labs are ordered, and all medical records input in system completed. As ACP I also Assess patients, Assist physician exams, CPR, Customer service/Public relations, Data/order entry, EKG's, Glucose level checks, Multi-line telephone operations, Nursing assistance, Patient care, Patient transport, Patient hygiene, Phlebotomy, Physician consults, Splints, Staple/suture removal, Vital signs
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
Better health care
nursing experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 5, 2017
I started my career of nursing at this hospital which was a great hospital to start at. My co-workers on the oncology floor worked as a team and I was able to learn and grow my nursing care in a positive atmosphere.
Organized
Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 31, 2016
Great organization! Management communicated with staff, were always excited to hear new ideas on how to improve. The teamwork between staff was commendable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Vincent's Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Vincent's Medical Center Reviews by Location