St. Vincent's Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Case Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 3, 2016
Have worked at hospital for ten years. Health care is changing before our eyes. Very nice work family. Looking for new opportunity.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
IT is behind
Family orientated
Lead Analyst-Health Information Management (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 24, 2016
I continuously interact with individual of many cultures. Our department is a great example of teamwork. The most challenging part of my job sometimes is finding enough time in the day, however I make it a point to handle each request as it arises. I am allowed great flexibility and decision making.
Pros
Being trusted with important decisio
Taking care of Med Surg Pt
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 6, 2015
Bathing , taking vitals, helping to ambulate, Management was very efficient , Co worker was very helpful, team player,
Pros
Eperience
Cons
short break
not bad
Registered Nurse-Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 28, 2015
Good place to work, direct supervisors need to improve. Good benefits and team work. I love most of my co-workers. Fun work place.
pretty good place to work
Heart Catheterization RN (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 9, 2015
Having some management changes. Hopefully for the better. Pleasant place to work. Competitive salary. Friendly working environment.
enjoyable
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middleburg, FLOctober 2, 2015
my experience was an enjoyable one. i was fond of my superiors, i was given opportunities for advancement, ample education,
ehhh
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 27, 2015
Havent gotten any help whatso ever getting any where in this company even though I worked long and hard enough for a little something...
Nice and technical evironment
Associate Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 26, 2015
Learned to work with all different types of people. The best part of the job was taking care of the patience. The pace of the work load was rapid at times and the calm at other times.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
To much politics
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 22, 2015
It is a great place to work you feel like family with your coworkers. Some doctors don't mind teaching you things when asked.
Productive and fullfilling
Department was outsourced to Med Assist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CT 06606September 22, 2015
Fun work place with excellent management. I love to help out the community and with the job I have I am able to do so in many ways.
Exciting and rewarding
Registration Associate (Former Employee) –  Emergency roomAugust 21, 2015
The emergency room work is very chaotic. Multitasking is a must, patients may catch you while your rushing to the time clock. You have to give patients your time while preforming your work duties, which includes registration of the right patient into the hospital and completing the paper work for there visit. Also the ER in open when other departments are closed so their work is added to your normal duties including but not limited to registration for labor and delivery, sleep lab, and printing of records. It has been very rewarding being able to also give financial assistance to those in need, hold patients hand, or giving someone a hug. Emotions run very high.
Pros
fulfilling
Cons
dead people
Very productive fast pace environment
Reimbursement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 19, 2015
A typical day is very busy, especially during month end. I've learned a lot about hospital accounting and general accounting principles in general.
Productive, fun, and ever-evolving workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville FloridaAugust 1, 2015
Typical day includes patient load of about 4-5 patients per nurse. Normally receive patients with some type of infectious process, ranging from cellulitis and wounds to airborne pathogen disease processes like Tuberculosis. In addition to a fundamental nursing knowledge, additional education is provided on equipment, donning appropriate protective wear, and safe practice methods that are appropriate to our patient population. Majority of staff are female, including management, who, overall, encourage team efforts to better the unit and help grow individual practice.
poor inter-departmental communication
Volunteer, Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 30, 2015
St. Vincent's is a public hospital in a high-need area of Jacksonville. The services provided to clients are of high quality. However, as a volunteer at nighttime (after the Volunteer office closed), I found that there was very little communication between the volunteer office and the department I volunteered in.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
busy
Not interested
Patient Care Technician/ Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2015
No supportive management. Staffing is never on point. Morale is very low in the work place. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep and maintain respect.
Competitive pay and great co-workers
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 20, 2015
Supportive learning environment. Room for advancement and plenty of opportunity for cross training. Management not entirely concerned with employee retention, significantly high turn over due to scheduling conflicts and improper staffing.
busy
RN (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 10, 2015
its an awesome place to work. They have three locations so i could expand my horizons. I have great management team who loves and respects all of us
Pros
work environment
Cons
no breaks sometimes, no incentives
Productive and fun place to work
CERTIFIED PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 10, 2015
I love the flexibility of this job and with the recent changes in management the job has become a positive place to work. I love drawing blood and learning the inner working of the lab. The team at this hospital loves caring for the patients and show it everyday in there work.
Pros
flexible
Cons
PRN
Patient centered workplace
Administrative Assistant & Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 12, 2015
patient centered, multitasking is a must. Protocols must be followed and you have to learn that physicians and employees all have different unique personalities.
Great people, environment, beautiful campus
Credentials Specialist - Medical Staff (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 8, 2015
Enjoyed work group, environment,good benefits, flexible hours, allowed telecommuting when on FMLA. I would have stayed on if I had not needed to relocate.
Pros
Beautiful campus, great people
Cons
Can't remember