St. Vincent's Services Employee Reviews in United States

Very poor management and a lack of concern for children's welfare
case planner (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11201November 13, 2013
I've worked as a case planner for over a year and is disappointed with the lack of care that I believe a foster care agency should have. There are a lot of foster parents at the agency whose only concern is for their board check. Most of them could care less about the trauma some of these children suffer from. I believe that some of them are better off with their natural families. In addition, when case planners present an issue to their superiors about a concern for a child, No one really seems to care. You have to keep reminding them about the urgency of a matter. The agency also doesn't Have money for cribs and other relevant items, due to funding issues. I don't know why The agency is still allowed to be open ---it's completely disorganized and a mess. Looking for a new job!
Pros
paid vacation days
Cons
everything
It was a temporary job but very challenging.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 7, 2014
It was always a busy day assisting the manager with the day-today office activities. I have learned varied office procedures and was able to relate to my co-workers by working harmoniously with them.
Not a good place of employment
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 21, 2014
Very hectic, no support from supervisor or management. When there is a problem you have to figure out the solution on your own or ask another co-worker. Normally the coworkers dont know either, because they have revolving door.
Cons
low pay and no raise
Happy Times
Residence Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 8, 2013
I worked afternoon shift and it started off busy once 3pm came, and slowed down after dinner.It was a family setting and all staffed interact with the consumers and each other.
Pros
great team work
Cons
scheduling
Meaningful and Interesting day to day
Parent Advocate/Facilitator I (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 22, 2012
A typical day at work consists of not even getting to my desk without the birth parents whom I advocate my services for greet me as soon as they see me. I learned that parents engage more if they have someone who can relate to what they might be going through in foster care, for I was a parent with children in foster care before. My co-workers work well with me and depend on me to guide the parents in the right direction. The hardest part of my job is I am between a rock and a hard place as a staff member and a parent advocate, sometimes co-workers and I clash with differences about the parents, but ultimately come together to do what is in the best interest of the family. The part I love about my job is being a Group Facilitator 1 for the Parenting Journey module, which takes parents down memorylane when they were parented and they can make a decision to continue to parent in that way or use their own style of parenting. Overall, I have a passion for this type of work loving and learning to work well with people and getting someone to smile again.
Pros
carfare lunch
Cons
low in attencance parents are not complying
Good learning experience
Case Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 3, 2012
Learned a lot with working at this company, Good learning experience

Want to know more about St. Vincent's Services?

Ask a question