St. Vincent's Employee Reviews

Great Enviroment
Academic Specialist (Former Employee), Fall River, MASeptember 9, 2013
School environment, students and classroom staff were great.
Great group of people in department
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 10, 2013
Pros: being able to use the cafeteria for lunches and snacks and not go office campus for lunch
Cons: lunch break too short.
I was not an employee of St Luke's/St Vincents. I was working for them through a temporary agency as they shut down the department for a move to another location. Everyone I came into contact with there was great. Very nice and very helpful.
Healthcare
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), East Birmingham, ALFebruary 6, 2013
Intriguing job. Working in this area of the medical field is influential and inspirational. Lower level career needs massive improvements.
Productive and fast pace environment in which I love
Medical Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: i learned alot about how company ethic is different from one another
Cons: there is no room for advanement
My day start off busy, I work with people with developmental disabilities... I have to get them prepared to start their day...By giving medication while other staff fix breakfast. I am a team player and also can work alone..The most enjoable part of the job, is helping those that need help..I take pride in helping others...
Good learning experience
Medical Assistant- Extern site (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 16, 2012
Doing my externship here was good learning experience for the medical office field
A typical day was filing records, checking insurance verification for patients,appointment scheduling and customer service
A great learning experience...
Case Planner (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 27, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: the amount of work truly outweighs the salary...
If you are looking to learn about foster care and adoption, this is the place for you
Great Hospital with excellent values upheld very differently
RN (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 15, 2012
Pros: technologically savvy
Cons: short breaks, scheduling, not enough help
My typical days at work were always extremely chaotic. I rarely sat because I was truly committed to giving my patients and their families the best of care, in addition to performing my duties as a quality Nurse and Staff Member. This was my passion. In my profession, I gained excellent knowledge and skill as I deepened my care and expertise for patients with varying illnesses and conditions. My Nursing – more... skills and judgement enhanced and with each experience I treasured the new things I learned. Management was management; There may have been a few who valued all, not just some of their staff. I had some very interesting experiences with co-workers, guess I was just too nice. You live and you learn. However, I did encounter people who truly were genuine. They were the silver linings. The hardest part of my job was saying no to the various needs that would hit all at once. I had constant encounters where I was forced to do many things others had the option to neglect, lest the needs of the patients would not be met. I hated to make people wait unnecessarily just so I could get by with only doing the minimal; after all how would I feel if someone treated my Mother and other Loved Ones this way. I had no choice but to do many things alone, so I was often overwhelmed and overworked. Much to my dismay, I later injured myself as a result. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a quality hospital, that was constantly updating and improving and I really miss it. I miss the patients and those with whom I developed a good relationship. I was in the ER last week with my Grandmother who had injured herself and it touched my heart to be told by one of the Physicians with whom I previously worked how missed I was. Unfortunately I can no longer do that type of work without further jeopardizing myself. Interacting and working with many unique individuals and how they chose to conduct themselves has been quite a learning and often difficult experience for me; while everyone may do the same thing in a different way, I know that I maintained to do my best, – less