St. Vincent's Employee Reviews in United States

terrible work environment!
Swim instructor (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALJuly 21, 2016
I worked for st Vincent's 119 in aquatics. No one is held accountable so everyone just does what they want which makes for a terrible place to work. No one really knows what the lead guard actually does we just know she gets paid more for nothing. my pay is constantly messed up and the aquatics department is pretty much the red headed step child of the facility. no one really cares that we exist and when they have to interact with us they are slightly annoyed. I love my actual job, hate the environment
Pros
Cons
everything
Phlebotomist
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 18, 2016
GOOD PLACE TO WORK PAY GOOD IMPROVESECURITY, SSC security, shelton, CT 2012 – Present

• Possesd a professional appearance and demionar
• Observed closed circuit cameras
• Performed property patrols in vicinity
• Made temporary and vistor passes
• Escorted clients to garages and personal vechicles.
• Documented activity in security log book and relaying messages to clients.
• Secure clients property by locking specific areas with padlocks and alarms.
• Checked boiler rooms and record tempatures in log book for client engineer.
• Additional duties to keep premises safe
Super staff, good management good variety of patients.
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 19, 2015
Wonderful support staff and management. Fun to work there. It can get intense at times, but the staff is competent. The hours are long some days and can be fatiguing at the 12th hour especially when the walk-ins arrive just before closing time. The variety of the work was stimulating to me.
Pros
Great management and staff
Cons
Walk in chaotic at times.
Low pay good benefits
NICU RN (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 5, 2015
Extensive training provided before having patients on the floor. Mentoring continues once a nurse is on the floor so that she always has someone she can go to to ask questions.
Great Enviroment
Academic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MASeptember 9, 2013
School environment, students and classroom staff were great.
Great group of people in department
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 10, 2013
I was not an employee of St Luke's/St Vincents. I was working for them through a temporary agency as they shut down the department for a move to another location. Everyone I came into contact with there was great. Very nice and very helpful.
Pros
being able to use the cafeteria for lunches and snacks and not go office campus for lunch
Cons
lunch break too short.
Healthcare
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  East Birmingham, ALFebruary 6, 2013
Intriguing job. Working in this area of the medical field is influential and inspirational. Lower level career needs massive improvements.
Productive and fast pace environment in which I love
Medical Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 8, 2013
My day start off busy, I work with people with developmental disabilities... I have to get them prepared to start their day...By giving medication while other staff fix breakfast. I am a team player and also can work alone..The most enjoable part of the job, is helping those that need help..I take pride in helping others...
Pros
i learned alot about how company ethic is different from one another
Cons
there is no room for advanement
Good learning experience
Medical Assistant- Extern site (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 16, 2012
Doing my externship here was good learning experience for the medical office field
A typical day was filing records, checking insurance verification for patients,appointment scheduling and customer service
A great learning experience...
Case Planner (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 27, 2012
If you are looking to learn about foster care and adoption, this is the place for you
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
the amount of work truly outweighs the salary...
Great Hospital with excellent values upheld very differently
RN (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 15, 2012
My typical days at work were always extremely chaotic. I rarely sat because I was truly committed to giving my patients and their families the best of care, in addition to performing my duties as a quality Nurse and Staff Member. This was my passion. In my profession, I gained excellent knowledge and skill as I deepened my care and expertise for patients with varying illnesses and conditions. My Nursing skills and judgement enhanced and with each experience I treasured the new things I learned. Management was management; There may have been a few who valued all, not just some of their staff. I had some very interesting experiences with co-workers, guess I was just too nice. You live and you learn. However, I did encounter people who truly were genuine. They were the silver linings. The hardest part of my job was saying no to the various needs that would hit all at once. I had constant encounters where I was forced to do many things others had the option to neglect, lest the needs of the patients would not be met. I hated to make people wait unnecessarily just so I could get by with only doing the minimal; after all how would I feel if someone treated my Mother and other Loved Ones this way. I had no choice but to do many things alone, so I was often overwhelmed and overworked. Much to my dismay, I later injured myself as a result. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a quality hospital, that was constantly updating and improving and I really miss it. I miss the patients and those with whom I developed a good relationship. I was in the ER last week with my Grandmother  more... who had injured herself and it touched my heart to be told by one of the Physicians with whom I previously worked how missed I was. Unfortunately I can no longer do that type of work without further jeopardizing myself. Interacting and working with many unique individuals and how they chose to conduct themselves has been quite a learning and often difficult experience for me; while everyone may do the same thing in a different way, I know that I maintained to do my best,  less
Pros
technologically savvy
Cons
short breaks, scheduling, not enough help