St. Vincent Catholic Charities Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible manners, unkind, & not respectful of an individual's time/gas.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 6, 2016
Today I had an interview with this company. I arrived and waited in the lobby for almost 30 minutes before the human resources director came out and she said "they were doing somethings, a lot of things and could not interview me". She also, said they would call me -- "if they wanted to reschedule". I could not believe the carelessness of the human resources director. In opinion, they already hired someone for the position back on Friday (July 1, 2016). In which, she first suggested that date, but my mother had just got out of the hospital so I opted for today Wednesday, (July 6, 2016). I also believe she forgot I was coming, because the woman at the front desk could not find my name on the schedule for today. So, basically I would be very skeptical about working for this company as it seems they do not have any organization and unapologetic as a result of.

Hopefully, this will not happen to someone else and they will at least interview the candidate when they arrive. I have years of experience and credentials-- So, I think it would be best that I never apply for this company again.
Pros
unorganized
Cons
working in Lansing and serving the community, maybe the only con!
okay place to work
Youth Advocate (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 9, 2016
The pay does not match all the job duties that are required and the responsibilities that you have.

I have learned a lot about dealing with kids and their different treatment plans
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Pay
good environment
Accounting Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 25, 2015
This is a good company; it is very organization, pretty quiet so it fit for accounting job. The co-workers are friendly.
Pros
I learned experiences about accounting
Cons
I had no paid
Everything was great
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 1, 2015
Great org to work for; really do a lot for families and children in the local area. Very proud of the things that STVCC does and to have been part of the group.
Not a place I would recommend
Several (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 30, 2015
A place to learn. Not a place to stay. Being a non profit they drastically underpay staff, compared to other positions in the community. Employees are treated as if they are replaceable. Management is not approachable, a big disconnect with the lower staff.
Pros
great vacation and sick time
Cons
everything else
its good enviroment
Preventative Health Liaison (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 26, 2015
its good place to work and if you work at St. Vincent Catholic charities you will gone learn a lot of different peoples. the agency it self feels like home
Pros
non profit
Cons
health care, vacation and sick times
It's ok
Youth Advocate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 26, 2014
Working with the kids was the easy part. It was always a management issue. Some of the supervisors were horrible as well. If they didn't like you then you better believe that you would not last their long. They didn't care about you having a family because of people didn't show up to work or if they were short staff you might as well plan to get held over. One of the worst things ever because even i you decided not to take the hold over ten you would get written up. The only reason I would say the job was exciting was because of some of the people I worked with. Others were just plain nasty and rude.
Pros
felixible, good co workers
Cons
high turn over rate, poor management, no opportunity for advancement
a place to learn about yourself and how to help children
Youth Advocate (Current Employee) –  lansing miOctober 14, 2014
A typical day at work is waking up the teenage girls and giving out their medication and getting them prepared for school. Once they are in school staff supervises them in the classroom.If there are any scheduled appointments we escort them there. When they are done ith school they eat snack and continue with scheduled programming such as therapy, yoga, book club, and group activities which help with team building. I have learned patience and how to care for those who are emotionally stressed. i have also learned that children deal with more than they should and they do not have a positive outlet or coping skills that will help them heal. Management could use a lot of work. they need to listen to their workers more about the treatment that should be provided to the children because we work with them 24/7. Also management should appreciate their workers more and acknowledge their hard work and efforts because it is a difficult job. My co workers are very supportive and we work as a team to provide the children with proper treatment. One of the hardest parts of my job is working with children that are beyond our treatment and need more than we can provide at our agency. Another hard part of my job is not having the chance to advance to a higher position, and not being appreciated for the work that i/we do. The hardest part of my job is seeing the many children that come into our care because no one loved them the way that they should have been loved, and they feel that no one will ever care for them because they are broken. the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that we  more... help someone in some small way, that they learned something and is using it in their future journey.  less
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
healthcare, management, high turn over rate with staff
It's a ok place to work.
Driver/Facility Worker/Furniture delivery-Pick-Up (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 26, 2012
I worked there part time while I was going to school. Management is ok. But over all I enjoyed my time there.

2.7