St. Vincent Catholic Charities

St. Vincent Catholic Charities Employee Reviews

its good enviroment
Preventative Health Liaison (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: non profit
Cons: health care, vacation and sick times
its good place to work and if you work at St. Vincent Catholic charities you will gone learn a lot of different peoples. the agency it self feels like home
It's ok
Youth Advocate (Former Employee), Lansing, MIOctober 26, 2014
Pros: felixible, good co workers
Cons: high turn over rate, poor management, no opportunity for advancement
Working with the kids was the easy part. It was always a management issue. Some of the supervisors were horrible as well. If they didn't like you then you better believe that you would not last their long. They didn't care about you having a family because of people didn't show up to work or if they were short staff you might as well plan to get held over. One of the worst things ever because even i you decided not to take the hold over ten you would get written up. The only reason I would say the job was exciting was because of some of the people I worked with. Others were just plain nasty and rude.
a place to learn about yourself and how to help children
Youth Advocate (Current Employee), lansing miOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: healthcare, management, high turn over rate with staff
A typical day at work is waking up the teenage girls and giving out their medication and getting them prepared for school. Once they are in school staff supervises them in the classroom.If there are any scheduled appointments we escort them there. When they are done ith school they eat snack and continue with scheduled programming such as therapy, yoga, book club, and group activities which help with team building. I have learned patience and how to care for those who are emotionally stressed. i have also learned that children deal with more than they should and they do not have a positive outlet or coping skills that will help them heal. Management could use a lot of work. they need to listen to their workers more about the treatment that should be provided to the children because we work with them 24/7. Also management should appreciate their workers more and acknowledge their hard work and efforts because it is a difficult job. My co workers are very supportive and we work as a team to provide the children with proper treatment. One of the hardest parts of my job is working with children that are beyond our treatment and need more than we can provide at our agency. Another hard part of my job is not having the chance to advance to a higher position, and not being appreciated for the work that i/we do. The hardest part of my job is seeing the many children that come into our care because no one loved them the way that they should have been loved, and they feel that no one will ever care for them because they are broken. the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that we help someone in some small way, that they learned something and is using it in their future journey.
It's a ok place to work.
Driver/Facility Worker/Furniture delivery-Pick-Up (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 26, 2012
I worked there part time while I was going to school. Management is ok. But over all I enjoyed my time there.