ST. VINCENT CHARITY MEDICAL CENTER

ST. VINCENT CHARITY MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Not a good hospital for an RN
Medical Surgical Telemetry RN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 16, 2017
All of their equipment is outdated so you will not develop skills with today's technology at all. Management is inexperienced and unprofessional. Bad experience.
Employees are just a number
N/A (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 15, 2017
This organization has a Human Resource Department that does absolutely nothing. They will pretend to care about issues you may have then not only do nothing about it but repeat everything you have said (including sharing your name) with management who in turn repeats the information to others (including the person you had issues with). Then you are retaliated against. Even though they say they have a no retaliation policy. The managers come and go as they please and one or two in particular who had numerous complaints against them by numerous employees at various locations received no disciplanary action. They continue to treat employees bad. They do not practice what they preach. They have done many unethical things as well but just sweep it under the rug. They get rid of great employees but keep others that do nothing. Favortism and neputism run rampant. This organization has not potential because the leadership doesnt make enough effort to gain business. It is going down hill fast. Employee morale is at an all time low. I am looking for another job as I type.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Cons
Terrible management, they pretend to care what you have to say then hold it against you.
Committed to serving the community
RN (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 24, 2017
St. Vincent Charity Medical Center is a faith based hospital dedicated to education and serving the poor. The caregivers at Charity Hospital recognize each person's contribution in the delivery of quality care to our patient population.
Hospital Staff are very knowledgable
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 12, 2017
EVS department management sucks. Rumors about personal business are started by management. Sad. No reward for doing a great job. Strong lack of motivation in a condescending and negative environment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Great opportunity to learn and work with community
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 9, 2017
Fast paced at times but a good opportunity as a new nurse to learn about managing patient care and time. The hospital praises compassion. Sometimes there are cutbacks and that can hinder patient satisfaction. Auxiliary assistance is short. Shift differential pay is nice and there is no hierarchy regarding education. Very community oriented.
Pros
Free uniforms, union, benefits
Cons
Nursing aid short
No job security
Stationary Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 16, 2017
Worked there one year and they put in new equipment laid us off. Everyone there was nice, job was laid back and easy. Just didnt need me anymore so they ley me and 2 others go
Medical Assistant in the ICU
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 25, 2017
Working at this medical center was a great experience for me. I worked there for 4 years and i learned so much. great coworkers. great environment. i really enjoyed the direct patient care and i learned so much working alongside my coworkers who were RN'S. This inspired me to return to school to study to get my AAS Degree in registered nursing. This job was a great stepping stone and educational purpose for me.
Internship
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 23, 2017
My internship was great here. I learned a lot from some amazing people. This was over 5yrs ago but I know that they still have some amazing MA's.
Pros
Cons
it was only an internship
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 22, 2017
St. Vincent Charity is a hospital that takes care of the patients in the community no matter their background or financial status
Multicultural workplace
LPN Medical Surgical Telemetry Unit (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 14, 2016
I absolutely love for this place. Our hospital community is so diverse and being centered downtown we have east siders and west siders that work together hand in hand. Work place drama is at a minimal and management is awesome!!!
The worst nursing staff
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 2, 2016
Majority of the nurses have been there forever, are diploma nurses, and are definitely not very nice. Thought it would be a great opportunity to go to a teaching hospital, and it turned out to be a disastrous career move. Meek management doesn't help.
Pros
PRN pay
Cons
The nurses
St. Vincent was my externship, I learned a lot from the staff.
Externship 96 (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 21, 2016
My experience at St. Vincents was rewarding and gave me a lot of knowledge concerning hospital pharmacy. The staff was concerned that I learn procedures the right way.
Veterinary technician
Rosary Hall Detox Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 14, 2015
The greatest part of this job was working with the animals and client's. I typically cleaned kennels, assisted with office visits and surgeries, and some office work. I worked with some good people and had great experiences.
Pros
animals and client's
Cons
no advancement
Good place to work.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 31, 2015
A typical day at work was very busy with admissions and discharges, assessing patients, medicating patients, teaching patients, and families, preparing patients for diagnostic procedures, or surgery. Also working as a team to get the job done. The team being other nurses, nursing assistants, doctors, other departments, or as a float nurse floating to other areas half way thru my shift. I learned how to prioritize, and be orgainized. Management was fair in treatment of all staff. The people in general were nice to work with.The hardest part of the job was not being able to spend enough time with patients and families due to the fast, busy, pace, of the hospital environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients and seeing them get better in most cases.
very professional employees
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 4, 2015
Very professional employees. Hard workers, very good team work and easy to work with them. I love to work with them, they are such a easy going people.
Pros
A plus
Cons
Productive workplace with strong learning and mentoring opportunities
Rehab Assistant to PT/OT (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 12, 2014
Prior to graduate school I was given the opportunity to work hand in hand with PT/OT professionals. I was able to complete competency exams to increase my job responsibility increased as well as my hours and pay.
Work place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 9, 2014
It was a good place to work for. No issues. No complaints. Great environment. The employees were helpful. The company provide good pay and stability. Being a phlebotomist gave me a challenge that i accepted graciously. I loved the challenge of the job. Never a rough day with drama.
Organization keenly focused on its long standing mission and values
Vice President Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioNovember 16, 2014
Great history, quality care, strong sense of mission and values relative to Catholic Healthcare.
Nice place to work
Manager UM and Care Coordination (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 12, 2014
Nice place to work. Staff really care about the patient. The doctors are great.
Good Work Place
Human Resources Assistant (Temp Assignment) (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 7, 2014
This is a very nice place to work. The people are friendly and the HR department is awesome
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Temp Assigment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ST. VINCENT CHARITY MEDICAL CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

ST. VINCENT CHARITY MEDICAL CENTER Reviews by Location