St. Vincent de Paul Village Employee Reviews

Great Clientele, Great Employees - Not so great management
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 10, 2017
I left last year when HR and upper management started changing. It turns out that HR upper management do NOT have your back as an employee. Matters of personnel investigations are one-sided with the employee having little if any input. The peers and the clients are great, but the line level employees are no longer the priority of upper management. It's quite sad, actually. I'd find a different place to work.
Pros
Awesome coworkers, great benefits
Cons
Low wages, always feel as though you're being watched.
I gained invaluable self knowledge as well as excellent skills and experience
Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 27, 2015
I gained invaluable self knowledge as well as skills and experience. I stayed long enough to hone my skills and have the opportunity to develop, implement and manage an AOD program that made a difference in people's live's.
Pros
Worked with little to no supervision
Cons
No pay raise for over 6 years
I became productive and work for 10 years for this company
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 19, 2015
I worked 3 days a week. Start my work early at 6 AM to 6 PM. I started in his company as an accounting clerk and end up working as the Payroll Coordinator.
During my work as Payroll Clerk, I learn for the first time how to process payroll. As I become familiar with payroll processing, I was promoted to Payroll Coordinator. During this position I introduced some policies for payroll and were adopted by the company. I have an excellent working relation with two of my co-workers in the payroll department.
The hardest part of my job was when we switch from ADP to ABRA. ADP is an outsource payroll processing while ABRA is in house payroll processing.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when the pay checks of our employees were distributed successfully and no employee complain for his pay check.
Pros
Plenty of food. Food is always available in the kitchen
Cons
We have health insurance and 401K
Bad management and bad pay
Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2015
Many good people work here but turnover is very high and management doesn't know what they're doing. Pay is low and don't expect a raise. Overall, it is my opinion that this is a bad place to work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low pay, bad management
A happy and fun place to be!
Janitor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 6, 2015
The people whom work here are friendly, very helpful, a great environment, people who really care about other people!
Pros
Free lunch and hot coffee
Cons
Alot of going up and down on the elevator and stairs.
Satisfaction giving back to the community feel.
Director of Planned Giving (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 24, 2014
The Organization had a family type culture feel to it. The donors are very dedicated to the mission and were a pleasure to work with.
Job Developer, Case Manager, Group Facilitator
Substance Abuse Counselor/Case Management (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2014
Case manage clients entitled to seek employment after completion of required groups. Facilitated groups such as Rites of Passage, Positive Thinking, Dress for Success, Recognizing Your Triggers, Drug and Alcohol training's.
Pros
Great population to assist the mentally challenged and or drug and alcohol problems.
Cons
Not enough resources.
Nice Environment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 16, 2013
This was a great place to work. I worked the front desk at night so I was able to work unsupervised. The people I worked with were very nice. It was a non-profit organization and was really great place to work.
Pros
Able to work unsupervised.
Cons
Seemed to work 24/7
Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 25, 2013
I volunteer there and think that what they do for people is outstanding. I really love the time I spend there.
good learning experince
kitchen helper, office clerk (Current Employee) –  san diego, caFebruary 14, 2012
being a client at st. vinny is quite a experince. i learned the ways i need to succeed.