St. Vincent de Paul Employee Reviews in United States

I enjoyed my clients
Special projects as assigned by Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 13, 2016
I worked as the Resident Services Manager for The Arlington Hotel in San Francisco. I had over 175 clients in the hotel. Some had Drug Abuse issues, HIV/AIDS and Mental Health issues. I went to jail to make visits, hospitals for visits and to court when needed. Attended meetings with the Department of Public Health and I met with Case Managers within our group. Went to Eviction Court to assist clients who were being evicted from their hotel rooms.
Pros
I enjoyed my clients
Cons
The most enjoyable part of my job is satisfying my costumers.
Cashier, merchandiser, and line worker (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 30, 2015
Overall I had a extremely positive work experience due to good management.. I have never worked with such moral people.
Pros
Did not have to work on holidays and closed on Sunday.
Cons
There was no healthcare available.
A good place to gain skills.
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 24, 2016
I believe this company is great to be able to learn and get an opportunity to gain important skills. It provides a diverse environment and also you get to work with a diverse population.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer service while I (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CA 94607March 16, 2016
I love the eenivornment and we cook luch to serve the homeless everyday. after that we would go to the classroom to do book work about the ServeSafe Certification. The most enjoyable part of that experience was giving back to the neighborhood
St Vincent De Paul
Committee Co-Chair (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMarch 15, 2016
its a great feeling being a part of an organization that does so much good, as well as providing an atmosphere for individuals who may need a little more attention can get work experience and a sense of pride in work.
Non-Profit
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 27, 2016
Great atmosphere. Being a non-profit you really see a difference you can make at the end of each day.

I truly get to make a difference in the lives of others every day.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Healthcare
Agency that helps people
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 31, 2016
This organization depended on it's volunteers in order to keep the organization running smoothly. I enjoyed taking part in helping others.
Pros
Met a lot of people
Cons
Bad area
Productive and fun workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 24, 2016
The most enjoyable part of working at St. Vincent de Paul is working with the homeless and being able to give back to the community.
A good place to work
Food Preparation / Server (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 11, 2016
A typical day at St. Vincent De Paul is brew the coffee, open can goods wash the pots & pans. I learned how to supervise a small group of employees.
Committed staff
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MINovember 1, 2015
This is a non-profit organization and everyone working there is committed to providing for the needs of the low-income. It can be a very emotional job when dealing with individuals who are sharing their tragic stories; but, it is very empowering to be able to help them.
Pros
Working with the dedicated volunteers
Cons
No healthcare

Want to know more about St. Vincent de Paul?

Ask a question
Community based company dedicated to helping others.
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 25, 2013
St. Vincent de Paul is a wonderful non-profit organization that is dedicated to helping the community. I support all they stand for. My favorite part of my job was working with the customers and helping those in need. The atmosphere is upbeat and positive. My co-workers were fun and enjoyable. Being a small retail store there was not a lot of room for advancement. They did not however give regular employee reviews or raises. The hardest part of my job was when monthly funding was at its max and their were still so many people in need. The was a very high employee turnover and management was changed often. Overall it was a great place to work short term.
Pros
great employee discounts and friendly environment.
Cons
no room for advancement and unstable management.
Sometimes fun
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 21, 2015
They should be more relax with their employee been sick, and also allow their employees to be relax and have a little fun.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2015
Arrived there with several of my coworkers to a welcoming staff, first time there to help out by serving food, I really enjoyed myself and got to meet a lot of great people.
Friendly atmosphere with helpful people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 17, 2015
A typical day at work at St.Vincent de Paul starts out fast. You come in, start tidying up clothing racks, sorting through shoes, making sure the floor is always tidy and the store is well-taken care of. Then you switch to sorting through donations, putting items in the proper place, while helping load bought items into customers cars. Always have a friendly attitude, and your day goes by quickly. This is not a job where you spend half the day looking at the time tick slowly by. Its a very face-paced job, and very ful-filling.
Pros
Character building
Cons
Repetitive
Summary Of Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZOctober 1, 2015
I learned a lot from working at Saint Vincent De Paul Society.I went from knowing nothing about running a cash register to being the expert I am today.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low wages
fun,loving work enviorment
Feed the Homeless Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 24, 2015
fun, loving work environment. I learned how much i enjoy helping people in need. The hardest part of this job was not being able to do more for them.
Not a great work place for college students
Staff (Former Employee) –  St.Louis,moMarch 5, 2013
if you apply makes sure its for management you get tons of benefits like 2hr breaks ,short days, and pretty much whatever you what.
I do like the cause however SVDP wasnt for me management runs you into the ground and makes it hard to balance school/work. Plus the staff was very clicky and makes you feel unwelcome. Managers also gobble anything good up for their personal resale booths or let their dealer friends have everything at a 'special' discount
Honestly horrible management + horrible people= thank god i left. SVDP St.louis should take a hard look at their staff and management.
Pros
neat stuff at low prices, good benefits
Cons
dont care managers/staff, lots of fights/arguments, incompetently run
working with others as a team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, caJune 21, 2015
enjoyed interacting with customers, learned a lot about different products, got to know the ins and outs about retail stores, a typical day would start off sorting donations, then pricing them, and then setting them out to be displayed for sales. Co workers and managers were easy to get along with and helpful working as a team. Hardest part of the job was having too much down time. Enjoyed helping others
Pros
good hours
Cons
not keeping busy enough
Very short stepping stone
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntington, NYJuly 9, 2013
I have always wanted to work for a non-profit organization that helps people. Working for this organization was a lesson learned. Don't get me wrong, there are some people that this organization has helped and I have felt some pride in it. On my end, working in the warehouse, management is scared to crack the whip, so the majority of employees just work at 50%. In a time when so many people are applying for a job, this company hires very young adults without checking references when true adults willing to work hard are passed by. The general manager spends more time downgrading his older female employees knowing they have no other choice but to take the criticism and trying to make sure he looks good for his higher ups while leaving the assistant manager to do all the work. Granted the assistant manager has a strong work ethic and comes from a non-profit background. In short, during a rough economy I held tight to this job, bit my lip and stuck it out. Now that jobs are emerging, I am making a run for it.
Pros
medical
Cons
management has no concept of how to manage, unprofessional managers
Friendly,funny,hopitable
Donations Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Fun safe job that involved a lot of hand work for restoring and refurbishing things of all sorts.I learned a lot of different ways to take care and also how to maintenance of inside and outside house appliances. Co-workers were friendly and very helping.
Pros
very hands on and satisfying

4.2