St. Vincent de Paul

St. Vincent de Paul United States Employee Reviews

Community
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee), East OaklandApril 7, 2015
Organization does a lot of great work in the community. Great Community involvement. Organization serves over 5000 free hot meals to the community.
Professional and enjoyable place to be.
Data Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburg, CAMarch 20, 2015
Working for this company was very hands on and a wonderful experience for me. I really enjoyed working with the clients and being able to help the with their donations.
Friendly,funny,hopitable
Donations Volunteer (Former Employee), Escondido, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: very hands on and satisfying
Cons: long hours
Fun safe job that involved a lot of hand work for restoring and refurbishing things of all sorts.I learned a lot of different ways to take care and also how to maintenance of inside and outside house appliances. Co-workers were friendly and very helping.
It was so so
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day at work was kind of stressful I was in high school and did'nt want to do as much. I learned that hard work really does pay off. My manager was a little mean but overall ok. I really didn't get to my co-workers as well as I liked they were a little older than me. The hardest part of the job was unloading the truck I did'nt like that at the time. The most enjoyable part is that I knew I was helping someone in need.
Nice place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Slinger, WINovember 15, 2014
Very Friendly co workers and the environment was clean. Easy to talk to the customers who come in. Everyone has respect to each other.
volunteer postion
Volunteer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 28, 2014
I was able to help people with less fortunate luck, look for jobs and housing or open email accounts. I kept the computer lab open during hours that the normal staff was off. I was the nighttime supervisor of the computer lab. It was a great place to help people that really are thankful for the help.
Love people? You'll love this place!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Waunakee, WIOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great people, great deals, excellent healthcare
Cons: working outside in the snow
St. Vincent de Paul is a county run series of thrift stores that are run by a non-profit lay Catholic (meaning they are not connected to the church) charitable organization. Dane County SVDP runs the largest customer based food pantry, women's and Men's temp housing, a pharmacy along with vouchers for those in need to receive free clothing and household items.

People from the local community bring donations to the store and the employees ensure they are properly bagged or boxed and they are sent to the central processing facility to be priced and dispersed through the 7 Dane County stores.

Each day a truck goes to each store and drops off a load of priced clothing, miscellaneous items, linens, furniture and more to each location. These items are unpacked and placed throughout the store. Most days this is a 2-3 hour task.

Customer service is the most important part of this position! From regular customers to first time shoppers we try to ensure they all feel welcome and wanted. I had several regulars who brought cookies at least once a week because they loved us so much!

Hardest part is working the donation truck in whatever weather comes your way! But it is what keeps the business running so it is one of the most important pieces as well!

Merchandising experience, or a willingness to learn is a must! While we run a thrift store we like it to look like a boutique. It is a lot of fun and very satisfying to here the customers ooo and ahh over your work!

If you want a job were you are working for the good of mankind and getting great deals on clothing, household items and more...this is the place for you!
The best place I have ever worked.
Cashier (Former Employee), Eugene, OROctober 8, 2014
A typical day at St. Vinnie's would have included ringing up customers, helping them find just what they needed, putting more merchandise out onto the sales floor and arranging furniture and clothing into displays. I also had the added benefit of counting out cash drawers, calculating the books, making bank deposits and opening and closing the store. The manager at the store I worked at was the best, she really cared about her employees and made sure we were doing our jobs without being condescending and she was also an advocate for her employees when she felt they deserved recognition for their hard work. She was also very good at dealing with stressful situations with ease. My co-workers were like family, they were the best bunch of people I have ever worked with. The pay was excellent and the benefits were amazing, my whole pregnancy was covered, including all Dr. visits and the birth itself. The scheduling was pretty consistent, there were two shifts that the cashiers worked, opening and closing, and our schedules changed every three months or so. Overall it was a fun and great place to work, I would work for them again in a heartbeat.
productive and interesting
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Eugene, ORSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: part-time
the job wasn't hard to do, was just a temp job, workers got a discount on store items
Good
-LOGISTICIAN (Former Employee), Sudan, TXAugust 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches .
Cons: all provided
When expert red visit us on 23/2/2011,at juba I was alone in logistic department so I that was my typical days at my work place.i learned a lot of things like dealing with different Mains of staffs and different entice group of people.i have managed all the cars and generators and other equipment that belongs logistic department. My co workers are so co- operative with me both at work and outside. Only when materials are not provided accordingly work become hard. When am busy at work, I enjoy my job.
Magical atmosphere and amazing people.
Camp Counselor / Life Guard (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAAugust 5, 2014
Seriously these are the best people on the planet. I don't know why I stopped going. I still talk to these people.
Fun and friendly Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIJuly 26, 2014
Pros: help with personal items that i needed
Cons: not a legitimate job, short hours
I enjoyed working for St. Vincent De Paul because one of my most favorite feelings in the whole world is being able to make someone smile! I enjoy working with and around people. I also greatly appreciate all of the great skills and qualities I've gained through St. Vincent De Paul.
interesting
Cashier (Current Employee), Kenosha, WIJuly 25, 2014
Pros: its a job opportunity
Cons: not enough hours i am looking for.
Working hard, organizing clothes and items on shelves, Enjoyable part of my job is helping people.
Nice place to get job expierence
Volunteer (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIJuly 24, 2014
Learned you have to be patient and not rush things. Work as fast as you can with out loosing the quality if your work.
St. Vincent de Paul
Volunteer Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2014
Feeds, Clothes, Houses, and Heals the poor. I have to write more in the review so this is me writing more.
Casual office environment
Supervises Intake Worker (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 6, 2014
I have learned much from working with the SVDP volunteers and other management staff. The most rewarding thing is seeing them help the families of Milwaukee. The most challenging is being productive and efficient while not having a structured day to day task list.
Fun environment
Retail / Fitting Room Associate (Current Employee), Frisco, TXMarch 25, 2014
Pros: get to learn a lot
This is the place to work. The leadership is good and the environment is fun and relaxed.
Very helpful and easy to work with
Kitchen Volunteer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 4, 2014
Pros: we had a great supervisor
Cons: i moved out of the area and could no longer work there
I worked in the kitchen doing meals for the homeless. I worked mornings in the kitchen and worked on the computer in the afternoon.
We had a great supervisor and co-workers.
Wonderful Work Place To Be Apart Of.
Retail/Cashier (Former Employee), Parkland, WaFebruary 12, 2014
I was a cashier there working with customers was a amazing feeling for me. I learned how to run the cash register i how to be professional in a business type place. All my managers were very intelligent always teaching us something new. All us co-workers worked together wonderfully helped one another out all the time. I enjoyed my job so much i met so many amazing customers i cant say there was a hard part of my job is was pretty laid back but we always made sure we got the job done.
This was a great part time job while I was caring for family.
Store Associate (Former Employee), Post Falls, IdahoFebruary 5, 2014
Not much to say here....

I was a cashier, Pricer, Inventory guy, Cleaner ....
I worked in the warehouse pricing and cleaning and selling furniture...
This was a "jack of all trades" job and lots of fun...
The core position was customer service face to face with the customers.

1 2 3