St. Vincent de Paul Employee Reviews in United States

Beneficial, and productive.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 4, 2016
Working her was very beneficial for me, it taught me how to work well with others. As well as how to properly organize. The managers and co-worker were all very nice and made me feel confident well at work. They helped me when ever I came across a problem at work, never made me feel uncomfortable to ask for help. The hardest part about my job was transportation. Over all I got more job experience, and a better understanding of working in a fast pace environment.
Pros
Job experince
Cons
no cons
I enjoyed my clients
Special projects as assigned by Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 13, 2016
I worked as the Resident Services Manager for The Arlington Hotel in San Francisco. I had over 175 clients in the hotel. Some had Drug Abuse issues, HIV/AIDS and Mental Health issues. I went to jail to make visits, hospitals for visits and to court when needed. Attended meetings with the Department of Public Health and I met with Case Managers within our group. Went to Eviction Court to assist clients who were being evicted from their hotel rooms.
Pros
I enjoyed my clients
Cons
A good place to gain skills.
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 24, 2016
I believe this company is great to be able to learn and get an opportunity to gain important skills. It provides a diverse environment and also you get to work with a diverse population.
Love Working for a Charity
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 1, 2016
I got to help so many people dress their children with no money (vouchers), or furnish a kitchen so they can cook a meal at home. Doesn't get better than that!
Productive and fun workplace
Customer service while I (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CA 94607March 16, 2016
I love the eenivornment and we cook luch to serve the homeless everyday. after that we would go to the classroom to do book work about the ServeSafe Certification. The most enjoyable part of that experience was giving back to the neighborhood
Community based company dedicated to helping others.
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 25, 2013
St. Vincent de Paul is a wonderful non-profit organization that is dedicated to helping the community. I support all they stand for. My favorite part of my job was working with the customers and helping those in need. The atmosphere is upbeat and positive. My co-workers were fun and enjoyable. Being a small retail store there was not a lot of room for advancement. They did not however give regular employee reviews or raises. The hardest part of my job was when monthly funding was at its max and their were still so many people in need. The was a very high employee turnover and management was changed often. Overall it was a great place to work short term.
Pros
great employee discounts and friendly environment.
Cons
no room for advancement and unstable management.
St Vincent De Paul
Committee Co-Chair (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMarch 15, 2016
its a great feeling being a part of an organization that does so much good, as well as providing an atmosphere for individuals who may need a little more attention can get work experience and a sense of pride in work.
Agency that helps people
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 31, 2016
This organization depended on it's volunteers in order to keep the organization running smoothly. I enjoyed taking part in helping others.
Pros
Met a lot of people
Cons
Bad area
Not a great work place for college students
Staff (Former Employee) –  St.Louis,moMarch 5, 2013
if you apply makes sure its for management you get tons of benefits like 2hr breaks ,short days, and pretty much whatever you what.
I do like the cause however SVDP wasnt for me management runs you into the ground and makes it hard to balance school/work. Plus the staff was very clicky and makes you feel unwelcome. Managers also gobble anything good up for their personal resale booths or let their dealer friends have everything at a 'special' discount
Honestly horrible management + horrible people= thank god i left. SVDP St.louis should take a hard look at their staff and management.
Pros
neat stuff at low prices, good benefits
Cons
dont care managers/staff, lots of fights/arguments, incompetently run
Productive and fun workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 24, 2016
The most enjoyable part of working at St. Vincent de Paul is working with the homeless and being able to give back to the community.
Non-Profit
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 27, 2016
Great atmosphere. Being a non-profit you really see a difference you can make at the end of each day.

I truly get to make a difference in the lives of others every day.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Healthcare
A good place to work
Food Preparation / Server (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 11, 2016
A typical day at St. Vincent De Paul is brew the coffee, open can goods wash the pots & pans. I learned how to supervise a small group of employees.
The best place I have ever worked.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 8, 2014
A typical day at St. Vinnie's would have included ringing up customers, helping them find just what they needed, putting more merchandise out onto the sales floor and arranging furniture and clothing into displays. I also had the added benefit of counting out cash drawers, calculating the books, making bank deposits and opening and closing the store. The manager at the store I worked at was the best, she really cared about her employees and made sure we were doing our jobs without being condescending and she was also an advocate for her employees when she felt they deserved recognition for their hard work. She was also very good at dealing with stressful situations with ease. My co-workers were like family, they were the best bunch of people I have ever worked with. The pay was excellent and the benefits were amazing, my whole pregnancy was covered, including all Dr. visits and the birth itself. The scheduling was pretty consistent, there were two shifts that the cashiers worked, opening and closing, and our schedules changed every three months or so. Overall it was a fun and great place to work, I would work for them again in a heartbeat.
The most enjoyable part of my job is satisfying my costumers.
Cashier, merchandiser, and line worker (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 30, 2015
Overall I had a extremely positive work experience due to good management.. I have never worked with such moral people.
Pros
Did not have to work on holidays and closed on Sunday.
Cons
There was no healthcare available.
Committed staff
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MINovember 1, 2015
This is a non-profit organization and everyone working there is committed to providing for the needs of the low-income. It can be a very emotional job when dealing with individuals who are sharing their tragic stories; but, it is very empowering to be able to help them.
Pros
Working with the dedicated volunteers
Cons
No healthcare
Sometimes fun
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 21, 2015
They should be more relax with their employee been sick, and also allow their employees to be relax and have a little fun.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2015
Arrived there with several of my coworkers to a welcoming staff, first time there to help out by serving food, I really enjoyed myself and got to meet a lot of great people.
Friendly atmosphere with helpful people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 17, 2015
A typical day at work at St.Vincent de Paul starts out fast. You come in, start tidying up clothing racks, sorting through shoes, making sure the floor is always tidy and the store is well-taken care of. Then you switch to sorting through donations, putting items in the proper place, while helping load bought items into customers cars. Always have a friendly attitude, and your day goes by quickly. This is not a job where you spend half the day looking at the time tick slowly by. Its a very face-paced job, and very ful-filling.
Pros
Character building
Cons
Repetitive
Summary Of Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZOctober 1, 2015
I learned a lot from working at Saint Vincent De Paul Society.I went from knowing nothing about running a cash register to being the expert I am today.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low wages
What I have learned and the enjoyment I recieve in HR
Internship in the HR Department (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2012
A typical day at St. Vincent de Paul Society Thrift Store would be checking in with my manager on what needs to be done for the day and what the priorities are. In the department I work for, Human Resources, is constantly engaging the community but creating a homeless recruitment center in a vacant room in the building and a dance studio where volunteer dance instructors teach the employees/customers several dance styles. During the a typical day my boss and I work on our projects together in addition to posting job positions for the whole society, interview those best fit, and taking care of the day to day needs.

I have learned working in Human Resources your primary responsibility is to keep the businesses assets protected and the employees assets protected. This department has many different tasks that require skills in multi-tasking and being proactive.

Management is decentralized but great at collaborating together. All those in management have been there for over five years and all share the same desire to be compassionate to the unfortunate.

My co-workers do an excellent job developing new ideas to grow the company.

The hardest part of my job is have to go through the process of terminating. I have only had to do it once but was so far the hardest task from my position.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being part of a department that involves everyone who works for St. Vincent de Paul. It exposes me to different aspects of the business. I also enjoy expanding the companies’ facility to help strengthen the companies culture and their involvement in the community.
benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Vincent de Paul. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Vincent de Paul Reviews by Location