St. Vincent de Paul Employee Reviews

A good place to work
Food Preparation / Server (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 11, 2016
A typical day at St. Vincent De Paul is brew the coffee, open can goods wash the pots & pans. I learned how to supervise a small group of employees.
Non-Profit
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 27, 2016
Great atmosphere. Being a non-profit you really see a difference you can make at the end of each day.

I truly get to make a difference in the lives of others every day.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Healthcare
Sometimes fun
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 21, 2015
They should be more relax with their employee been sick, and also allow their employees to be relax and have a little fun.
Committed staff
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MINovember 1, 2015
This is a non-profit organization and everyone working there is committed to providing for the needs of the low-income. It can be a very emotional job when dealing with individuals who are sharing their tragic stories; but, it is very empowering to be able to help them.
Pros
Working with the dedicated volunteers
Cons
No healthcare
The most enjoyable part of my job is satisfying my costumers.
Cashier, merchandiser, and line worker (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 30, 2015
Overall I had a extremely positive work experience due to good management.. I have never worked with such moral people.
Pros
Did not have to work on holidays and closed on Sunday.
Cons
There was no healthcare available.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2015
Arrived there with several of my coworkers to a welcoming staff, first time there to help out by serving food, I really enjoyed myself and got to meet a lot of great people.
Summary Of Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZOctober 1, 2015
I learned a lot from working at Saint Vincent De Paul Society.I went from knowing nothing about running a cash register to being the expert I am today.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low wages
fun,loving work enviorment
Feed the Homeless Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 24, 2015
fun, loving work environment. I learned how much i enjoy helping people in need. The hardest part of this job was not being able to do more for them.
working with others as a team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, caJune 21, 2015
enjoyed interacting with customers, learned a lot about different products, got to know the ins and outs about retail stores, a typical day would start off sorting donations, then pricing them, and then setting them out to be displayed for sales. Co workers and managers were easy to get along with and helpful working as a team. Hardest part of the job was having too much down time. Enjoyed helping others
Pros
good hours
Cons
not keeping busy enough
Friendly atmosphere with helpful people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 17, 2015
A typical day at work at St.Vincent de Paul starts out fast. You come in, start tidying up clothing racks, sorting through shoes, making sure the floor is always tidy and the store is well-taken care of. Then you switch to sorting through donations, putting items in the proper place, while helping load bought items into customers cars. Always have a friendly attitude, and your day goes by quickly. This is not a job where you spend half the day looking at the time tick slowly by. Its a very face-paced job, and very ful-filling.
Pros
Character building
Cons
Repetitive
Fun and fast pace with numerous oppotunities
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 7, 2015
What I learned from working at St. Vincent de Paul is there are a few degrees of separation. Never take life for granted or actually being able to provide for yourself.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioJune 3, 2015
It was great being able to make a difference in peoples lives and everyone working there was super nice and friendly. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to help their community.
Community
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee) –  East OaklandApril 7, 2015
Organization does a lot of great work in the community. Great Community involvement. Organization serves over 5000 free hot meals to the community.
Professional and enjoyable place to be.
Data Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAMarch 20, 2015
Working for this company was very hands on and a wonderful experience for me. I really enjoyed working with the clients and being able to help the with their donations.
Friendly,funny,hopitable
Donations Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Fun safe job that involved a lot of hand work for restoring and refurbishing things of all sorts.I learned a lot of different ways to take care and also how to maintenance of inside and outside house appliances. Co-workers were friendly and very helping.
Pros
very hands on and satisfying
It was so so
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day at work was kind of stressful I was in high school and did'nt want to do as much. I learned that hard work really does pay off. My manager was a little mean but overall ok. I really didn't get to my co-workers as well as I liked they were a little older than me. The hardest part of the job was unloading the truck I did'nt like that at the time. The most enjoyable part is that I knew I was helping someone in need.
Nice place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Slinger, WINovember 15, 2014
Very Friendly co workers and the environment was clean. Easy to talk to the customers who come in. Everyone has respect to each other.
volunteer postion
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 28, 2014
I was able to help people with less fortunate luck, look for jobs and housing or open email accounts. I kept the computer lab open during hours that the normal staff was off. I was the nighttime supervisor of the computer lab. It was a great place to help people that really are thankful for the help.
Love people? You'll love this place!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Waunakee, WIOctober 8, 2014
St. Vincent de Paul is a county run series of thrift stores that are run by a non-profit lay Catholic (meaning they are not connected to the church) charitable organization. Dane County SVDP runs the largest customer based food pantry, women's and Men's temp housing, a pharmacy along with vouchers for those in need to receive free clothing and household items.

People from the local community bring donations to the store and the employees ensure they are properly bagged or boxed and they are sent to the central processing facility to be priced and dispersed through the 7 Dane County stores.

Each day a truck goes to each store and drops off a load of priced clothing, miscellaneous items, linens, furniture and more to each location. These items are unpacked and placed throughout the store. Most days this is a 2-3 hour task.

Customer service is the most important part of this position! From regular customers to first time shoppers we try to ensure they all feel welcome and wanted. I had several regulars who brought cookies at least once a week because they loved us so much!

Hardest part is working the donation truck in whatever weather comes your way! But it is what keeps the business running so it is one of the most important pieces as well!

Merchandising experience, or a willingness to learn is a must! While we run a thrift store we like it to look like a boutique. It is a lot of fun and very satisfying to here the customers ooo and ahh over your work!

If you want a job were you are working for the good of mankind and getting great deals on clothing, household items and
  more... more...this is the place for you!  less
Pros
great people, great deals, excellent healthcare
Cons
working outside in the snow
The best place I have ever worked.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 8, 2014
A typical day at St. Vinnie's would have included ringing up customers, helping them find just what they needed, putting more merchandise out onto the sales floor and arranging furniture and clothing into displays. I also had the added benefit of counting out cash drawers, calculating the books, making bank deposits and opening and closing the store. The manager at the store I worked at was the best, she really cared about her employees and made sure we were doing our jobs without being condescending and she was also an advocate for her employees when she felt they deserved recognition for their hard work. She was also very good at dealing with stressful situations with ease. My co-workers were like family, they were the best bunch of people I have ever worked with. The pay was excellent and the benefits were amazing, my whole pregnancy was covered, including all Dr. visits and the birth itself. The scheduling was pretty consistent, there were two shifts that the cashiers worked, opening and closing, and our schedules changed every three months or so. Overall it was a fun and great place to work, I would work for them again in a heartbeat.

4.3