St. Vincent de Paul Employee Reviews in United States

Love Working for a Charity
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 1, 2016
I got to help so many people dress their children with no money (vouchers), or furnish a kitchen so they can cook a meal at home. Doesn't get better than that!
Beneficial, and productive.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 4, 2016
Working her was very beneficial for me, it taught me how to work well with others. As well as how to properly organize. The managers and co-worker were all very nice and made me feel confident well at work. They helped me when ever I came across a problem at work, never made me feel uncomfortable to ask for help. The hardest part about my job was transportation. Over all I got more job experience, and a better understanding of working in a fast pace environment.
Pros
Job experince
Cons
no cons
I enjoyed my clients
Special projects as assigned by Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 13, 2016
I worked as the Resident Services Manager for The Arlington Hotel in San Francisco. I had over 175 clients in the hotel. Some had Drug Abuse issues, HIV/AIDS and Mental Health issues. I went to jail to make visits, hospitals for visits and to court when needed. Attended meetings with the Department of Public Health and I met with Case Managers within our group. Went to Eviction Court to assist clients who were being evicted from their hotel rooms.
Pros
I enjoyed my clients
Agency that helps people
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 31, 2016
This organization depended on it's volunteers in order to keep the organization running smoothly. I enjoyed taking part in helping others.
Pros
Met a lot of people
Cons
Bad area
A good place to gain skills.
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 24, 2016
I believe this company is great to be able to learn and get an opportunity to gain important skills. It provides a diverse environment and also you get to work with a diverse population.
Productive and fun workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 24, 2016
The most enjoyable part of working at St. Vincent de Paul is working with the homeless and being able to give back to the community.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer service while I (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CA 94607March 16, 2016
I love the eenivornment and we cook luch to serve the homeless everyday. after that we would go to the classroom to do book work about the ServeSafe Certification. The most enjoyable part of that experience was giving back to the neighborhood
St Vincent De Paul
Committee Co-Chair (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMarch 15, 2016
its a great feeling being a part of an organization that does so much good, as well as providing an atmosphere for individuals who may need a little more attention can get work experience and a sense of pride in work.
A good place to work
Food Preparation / Server (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 11, 2016
A typical day at St. Vincent De Paul is brew the coffee, open can goods wash the pots & pans. I learned how to supervise a small group of employees.
Non-Profit
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 27, 2016
Great atmosphere. Being a non-profit you really see a difference you can make at the end of each day.

I truly get to make a difference in the lives of others every day.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Healthcare
Sometimes fun
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 21, 2015
They should be more relax with their employee been sick, and also allow their employees to be relax and have a little fun.
Committed staff
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MINovember 1, 2015
This is a non-profit organization and everyone working there is committed to providing for the needs of the low-income. It can be a very emotional job when dealing with individuals who are sharing their tragic stories; but, it is very empowering to be able to help them.
Pros
Working with the dedicated volunteers
Cons
No healthcare
The most enjoyable part of my job is satisfying my costumers.
Cashier, merchandiser, and line worker (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 30, 2015
Overall I had a extremely positive work experience due to good management.. I have never worked with such moral people.
Pros
Did not have to work on holidays and closed on Sunday.
Cons
There was no healthcare available.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2015
Arrived there with several of my coworkers to a welcoming staff, first time there to help out by serving food, I really enjoyed myself and got to meet a lot of great people.
Summary Of Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZOctober 1, 2015
I learned a lot from working at Saint Vincent De Paul Society.I went from knowing nothing about running a cash register to being the expert I am today.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low wages
fun,loving work enviorment
Feed the Homeless Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 24, 2015
fun, loving work environment. I learned how much i enjoy helping people in need. The hardest part of this job was not being able to do more for them.
working with others as a team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, caJune 21, 2015
enjoyed interacting with customers, learned a lot about different products, got to know the ins and outs about retail stores, a typical day would start off sorting donations, then pricing them, and then setting them out to be displayed for sales. Co workers and managers were easy to get along with and helpful working as a team. Hardest part of the job was having too much down time. Enjoyed helping others
Pros
good hours
Cons
not keeping busy enough
Friendly atmosphere with helpful people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 17, 2015
A typical day at work at St.Vincent de Paul starts out fast. You come in, start tidying up clothing racks, sorting through shoes, making sure the floor is always tidy and the store is well-taken care of. Then you switch to sorting through donations, putting items in the proper place, while helping load bought items into customers cars. Always have a friendly attitude, and your day goes by quickly. This is not a job where you spend half the day looking at the time tick slowly by. Its a very face-paced job, and very ful-filling.
Pros
Character building
Cons
Repetitive
Fun and fast pace with numerous oppotunities
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 7, 2015
What I learned from working at St. Vincent de Paul is there are a few degrees of separation. Never take life for granted or actually being able to provide for yourself.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioJune 3, 2015
It was great being able to make a difference in peoples lives and everyone working there was super nice and friendly. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to help their community.

St. Vincent de Paul Reviews by Location